Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Yellow Submarine remake
    #10939029 - 08/26/09 12:51 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

What do you think?  I'm excited about it. 

Quote:

Robert Zemeckis circles "Yellow Submarine" remake

By Borys Kit Borys Kit  – Thu Aug 20, 3:25 pm ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) – Robert Zemeckis is in negotiations to direct a remake of the 1968 animated Beatles feature "Yellow Submarine" for the Walt Disney Studios.

Disney had no comment on the deal. Still being sorted out is the acquisition of rights to the film's music, which includes the title track as well as "Eleanor Rigby," "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds," "When I'm Sixty-Four" and "With a Little Help From My Friends."

Like all Zemeckis' animated productions -- among them "The Polar Express" and "Beowulf" -- "Submarine" would be done in performance capture and would be a digital 3D endeavor.

The original movie, produced by United Artists and King Features Syndicate, was a hit. Its story involves a soldier called Old Fred who meets up with the Beatles and travels in a yellow submersible to Pepperland. Among the creatures the group encounters are the music-hating Blue Meanies.

(Editing by SheriLinden at Reuters)

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Edited by Learyfan (07/05/11 07:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: Yellow Submarine remake [Re: Learyfan]
    #10939074 - 08/26/09 12:59 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Id be there with a ticket in my hand and a tab on my tongue!

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Yellow Submarine remake [Re: danlennon3]
    #10939090 - 08/26/09 01:02 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I hear ya.  You gotta figure that half the audience at the theater will be tripping too.  The other half will be kids. 

--------------------

Edited by Learyfan (08/26/09 01:02 AM)

Offlinewildchild68
lion in a coma
 User Gallery

#10941593 - 08/26/09 01:18 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Not too excited.

Modern films that try to recreate the Beatles seem to fail horribly (aka across the universe).

Hope I'm wrong though, I'd like to see it done justice.

--------------------

InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Yellow Submarine remake [Re: wildchild68]
    #10941601 - 08/26/09 01:22 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

music-hating Blue Meanies

They should just call them the Taliban.

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Yellow Submarine remake [Re: wildchild68]
    #10947838 - 08/27/09 11:53 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

wildchild68 said:

Modern films that try to recreate the Beatles seem to fail horribly (aka across the universe).

Oh, I completely agree.  I could never watch "Across The Universe".  But the "Yellow Submarine" remake should be good because it's animated.  However, if they don't use the original Beatles music, then I will not watch it. 

--------------------

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #10947844 - 08/27/09 11:54 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Anything about the Beatles that doesn't actually involve the Beatles isn't something I care about, which includes the original Yellow Submarine. The only reason they're doing this is because of the 9-9-09 "Beatles day" thing which will hopefully get all these little kids off the horrible music they listen to and let them hear some classics.

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Edited by pfxtc (08/27/09 11:59 AM)

InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #10947869 - 08/27/09 11:57 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I think this is going to be a travesty.  That movie is perfect as it is.  The remake will inevitably be a disappointment.  Why not just rerelease to theaters?  Or come up with new ideas? 

I'll still probably end up checking it out though:rainbowdrink:

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Yellow Submarine remake [Re: pfxtc]
    #10947921 - 08/27/09 12:06 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

pfxtc said:
Anything about the Beatles that doesn't actually involve the Beatles isn't something I care about, which includes the original Yellow Submarine. The only reason they're doing this is because of the 9-9-09 "Beatles day" thing which will hopefully get all these little kids off the horrible music they listen to and let them hear some classics.

How could you not like the "Yellow Submarine" movie?  It's hands down the greatest tripping movie ever.  And The Beatles were in the movie (at the very end), so it did involve them.  Also, I don't think this has anything to do with the game coming out on 9-9-9.  I do think it's cool that they chose that date in reference to "Revolution #9". 

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Yellow Submarine remake [Re: DirtMcgirt]
    #10947933 - 08/27/09 12:07 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

DirtMcgirt said:
I think this is going to be a travesty.  That movie is perfect as it is.  The remake will inevitably be a disappointment.  Why not just rerelease to theaters?  Or come up with new ideas? 

I'll still probably end up checking it out though:rainbowdrink:

It'll be good dude.  I'll bet that it's going to be just as trippy, but in a 21st century, digital way. 

--------------------

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

#10947939 - 08/27/09 12:08 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

From what I've read, none of them liked the movie or wanted to have any part of it. And it's not only the game on the 9th, it's an entire re-release of their catalogue, so I'm sure it has a little to do with that. And I can't watch movies while tripping, so I don't know :lol:

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#10948053 - 08/27/09 12:28 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

How could the remake have anything to do with 9-9-9, when it hasn't even gone into production yet?  As for The Beatles not liking that movie, this is the first I've heard of it.  I know John used to play it for Sean when he was a kid.  In fact, Sean said that he first realized that his father was famous when he saw it.  Here are a couple of videos of the band attending the world premiere of the movie............

--------------------

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

#10948061 - 08/27/09 12:29 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I'm simply saying that without the 9-9-9 thing going on, I don't think they would have ever even thought about making a new movie, I'm not saying they're directly related.

The Beatles themselves were not enthusiastic about participating in a motion picture at the time. They were displeased with their second feature film Help!, and were further discouraged by the disastrous reception of their self-produced TV special Magical Mystery Tour. They did, however, see an animated film as a favourable way to complete their commitment to United Artists for a third film. (Ultimately, due to their relatively small roles and the fact it was animated, United Artists still considered them to owe another movie; Let It Be would be the third film to complete their contract with the studio.) Voice actors were hired to imitate the musicians' voices in the film.

The Beatles were impressed after seeing a draft of the film, and agreed to make a live-action cameo appearance in the final scene, which was filmed in early February 1968. The cameo was originally intended to feature a post-production psychedelic background and effects; but due to time and budget constraints, a blank, black background remained in the final film. While Starr and McCartney still looked the same as they did after they modeled for the animated characters, Lennon and Harrison's physical appearances had changed by the time the cameo was shot. Both Lennon and Harrison were clean-shaven, and Lennon had begun to grow his hair longer.

In The Beatles Anthology video, the surviving Beatles (including Harrison) all admitted that they liked the film. For many years after its release Starr was approached by children and asked "Why did you press the button?", referring to when his character curiously pressed the panic button ejecting him from the submarine into the sea of monsters.[citation needed]

Hell I guess I'm wrong.

--------------------

koods said:

Life-long trip report

Edited by pfxtc (08/27/09 12:31 PM)

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#10951151 - 08/27/09 08:56 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

:grin:  I knew it, because how could anyone in the world not like "Yellow Submarine"?  I have cried so many tears of joy watching that movie on acid.  It's the perfect trip movie because not only is it the most trippy movie ever made hands down, but it makes you laugh and gives you a really positive vibe.  You get the feeling that everyone involved with the film were really groovy, turned on cats at that moment in time and that they wanted peace on earth.  Also, I like the fact that the movie seems to be a metaphor about the government crackdown on the hippie culture.  The government is the Blue Meanies.  They try to turn everything gray and try to wipe out the people who are colorful and full of life.  The Beatles come to the rescue and triumph in the end with love.  What a great message. 

--------------------

Edited by Learyfan (08/27/09 08:56 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder