Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleRonPaulVerm
Piss Christ
Male

Re: Genetic Shroom enginerring [Re: billycorgan55]
    #10889000 - 08/19/09 11:13 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

billycorgan55 said:
i have been wondering exactly this for years...I am majoring on Genetics and i would like to become a Genetic Engineer.

Are you trying to play God or patent life?

As far as i'm concerned genetic engineers are ruining this earth.
No offense, maybe you can enlighten me

--------------------
Spawn I Have: Blewitt, Reishi, Maitake, Chicken of the Woods, Parasol, Shaggy Mane, King, Blue and Gold Oyster, Shiitake, King Stropharia, Lions Mane, Almond Portabello, Elm Oyster, Phoenix Oyster, Nameko, Enoki, White Beech,

Spawn I Want: Corcyceps Sp., Cauliflower Mushrooms, Agaricus species (Portobello), Pink Oyster, Piopinno, ...anything else you might have

Primitive Skills                                     

Any information I've posted is only related to fictional purposes. I do not advocate growing any illegal mushrooms 
...I DO advocate learning about
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleguitarpah
Left shroomery forever
Male

Re: Genetic Shroom enginerring [Re: RonPaulVerm]
    #10890056 - 08/19/09 02:27 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

RonPaulVerm said:
Quote:

billycorgan55 said:
i have been wondering exactly this for years...I am majoring on Genetics and i would like to become a Genetic Engineer.

GATTICA, GATTICA!  :psycrankey:

--------------------
Can't deal with the stubborn and the ignorant.  Good bye to those who were cool.

Invisibleanonjon
Partially Right

#10890379 - 08/19/09 03:17 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I hope you're a vegetarian and ride your bicycle everywhere you go.

Are you trying to patent hypocrisy?

--------------------
The above post is fictional, hypothetical, or downright nonsensical.

:moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:    :moon:

Offlinekydelic
Stranger
Male

Re: Genetic Shroom enginerring [Re: anonjon]
    #10891853 - 08/19/09 06:30 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

anonjon said:
I hope you're a vegetarian and ride your bicycle everywhere you go.

Are you trying to patent hypocrisy?

And farms his own veggies, since nearly every consumed plant is GM nowadays.

I will be the first to say, though, that Monsanto is evil evil evil

--------------------
http://flickr.com/photos/mycography - A collection of my fungal photography

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Puget Sound
    #10892116 - 08/19/09 07:13 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

RonPaulVerm said:

Genetic engineers are simply trying to fix God's mistakes, such as genetic diseases and the lack of food in places with arid conditions and poor soil.

I hope you don't take antibiotics when you have an infection because then you'd be playing God and trying to deviate his master plan of making you sick.

Quote:

billycorgan55 said:

God speed to you brother!

I'm majoring in Molecular Biology and minoring in Applied Biotechnology, so I understand your interest.

--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

Looking for wild Panaeolus cinctulus and Panaeolus olivaceus prints.

Offlineapoonanor
Time & Space Traveler

Re: Genetic Shroom enginerring [Re: BlimeyGrimey]
    #10895870 - 08/20/09 07:33 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Genetic engineers are simply trying to fix God's mistakes, such as genetic diseases and the lack of food in places with arid conditions and poor soil.

this isn't entirely true. most breeds of food crops face what's refered to as genetic depression, not from genetic defects inherent to the species but more because of continual inbreeding at the hands of man. especially in third world countries where not much is known about genetics or crop management in general. i will agree that GM has saved certain species from otherwise certain doom but it wasn't really a flawed plant that caused the problem. i'm on the side that genetic engineering and modification is essential in some fields of science, it also has to be closely monitored in other fields (for obvious reasons). i also think genetics is one of the most interesting fields in science today fwiw.

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: Genetic Shroom engineering [Re: apoonanor]
    #10896302 - 08/20/09 09:35 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

RonPaulVerm is trolling.  Nobody is actually that ignorant and backwards.

Please let this 7 year old thread die already.  It's been superseded by about a dozen better and more recent ones on the subject.

-FF

InvisibleRonPaulVerm
Piss Christ
Male

Re: Genetic Shroom engineering [Re: fastfred]
    #10899085 - 08/20/09 05:17 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I'm ain't trying to troll but I do advocate living naturally. The boundaries of that I do not know.
Blimey, I don't know what you mean about fixing God's mistakes in case you haven't noticed all of our innovation bring about new problems. And God's master plan? but I accept your views and not your slander :wink:

-I hate the idea of antibiotics for the most part considering there are other ways to get rid of or prevent infection.

-Don't know why vegetarianism is associated with eating holistically from nature. What about hunting deer? Squirrel? Animal hides, tendons, furs, bones are useful!

What I am trying to do (and don't mean to push on anyone else) is live with what nature has given us and not modify genetic make-ups of plants to the extent of human convenience. Yes people will die, be more responsible, and tougher. And maybe for once not centered around MONEY! :money:

HOWEVER, it is interesting using GM crops to fix a place that WE fucked up in the first place. Fucking it up in a way of throwing nature off balance. because somehow (and I'm trying to make sense of this) we noticed our ability to do that. We've reached this point though and can't run back.

This is turning into a PUB discussion.
peace

--------------------
Spawn I Have: Blewitt, Reishi, Maitake, Chicken of the Woods, Parasol, Shaggy Mane, King, Blue and Gold Oyster, Shiitake, King Stropharia, Lions Mane, Almond Portabello, Elm Oyster, Phoenix Oyster, Nameko, Enoki, White Beech,

Spawn I Want: Corcyceps Sp., Cauliflower Mushrooms, Agaricus species (Portobello), Pink Oyster, Piopinno, ...anything else you might have

Primitive Skills                                     

Any information I've posted is only related to fictional purposes. I do not advocate growing any illegal mushrooms 

InvisibleRonPaulVerm
Piss Christ
Male

Re: Genetic Shroom engineering [Re: RonPaulVerm]
    #10899093 - 08/20/09 05:19 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

If you want to see a documentary about Monsanto...

Surprisingly unbias! Very well done!

--------------------

Primitive Skills                                     

Invisibleguitarpah
Left shroomery forever
Male

Re: Genetic Shroom engineering [Re: FNFAL]
    #10901832 - 08/21/09 12:16 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

apoonanor said:

God doesn't make mistakes(cuz he's a myth) , evolution does.  Engineer the fuck out of it, just be careful.

--------------------
Can't deal with the stubborn and the ignorant.  Good bye to those who were cool.

OfflineAgent 47
Male

Loc: Western PA Flag
Re: Genetic Shroom engineering [Re: guitarpah]
    #10948888 - 08/27/09 02:56 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

someone could become very wealthy with an genetic modification to assist people with the problem of cluster headaches

Invisibleanonjon
Partially Right

Re: Genetic Shroom engineering [Re: Agent 47]
    #10949296 - 08/27/09 04:05 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

or grow tomatoes that produce thc...

--------------------
The above post is fictional, hypothetical, or downright nonsensical.

:moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:    :moon:

Offlineylibniquah
Innerspace Explorer
Male

Loc: GA (unfortunately!)
Re: Genetic Shroom engineering [Re: Agent 47]
    #10949924 - 08/27/09 05:43 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

rtofl@ god's mistakes.... being perfect is the only thing that makes god god.... if god isnt perfect.... then he's just some schmuck having a wet dream while asleep at night in a parallel universe.

Quote:

Agent 47 said:
someone could become very wealthy with an genetic modification to assist people with the problem of cluster headaches

Word.
I myself suffer from Cluster Headaches, and I wouldn't wish this on anyone. People don't understand just how severe they are.

Offlinebillycorgan55
Stranger

Re: Genetic Shroom engineering [Re: ylibniquah]
    #10950372 - 08/27/09 07:07 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

i saw a documentary on people with cluster headaches. They say it is so

severe that it has caused a numerous amount of people to actually kill

themselves so they could escape the pain. I myself suffur from migrain

headaches but every day i thank evolution that I dont get cluster

headaches

--------------------
OM MADNE PADME OBIWAN LUKE HUM....

OfflineAgent 47
Male

Loc: Western PA Flag
Re: Genetic Shroom engineering [Re: ylibniquah]
    #10951422 - 08/27/09 09:36 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ylibniquah said:
Word.
I myself suffer from Cluster Headaches, and I wouldn't wish this on anyone. People don't understand just how severe they are.

I don't know first hand the pain, but a good friend of mine suffers from them and it's obvious the agony it causes.

Quote:

billycorgan55 said:
i saw a documentary on people with cluster headaches. They say it is so

severe that it has caused a numerous amount of people to actually kill

themselves so they could escape the pain. I myself suffur from migrain

headaches but every day i thank evolution that I dont get cluster

headaches

Yup, they are sometimes referred to as "Suicide Headaches"

OfflineAlien Hybrid
    #10983344 - 09/01/09 10:54 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Just a thought! Would it be possible to extract all the goodies from the mushroom and add them into a hydroponic nutrient solution for growing cannabis? I was reading an article about adding flavored extracts to the nutrient solution to get a desired flavor and I started thinking, what else could be added?

Offlinelsatrap
Mush maker
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E USA
Re: Genetic Shroom engineering [Re: Alien Hybrid]
    #10984765 - 09/02/09 06:39 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I to suffer from clusters. I've been on so many different meds in the past it was insane. I finally tried using indole ring hallucenegens and have stopped my Cluster cycles for a few months at a time.. I have to re- dose every once in a while. So I must say I'm so thankful for shrooms.It would be nice if there was a med that was made from them.

--------------------
At this moment you should be with us, feeling like we do.

Offlineapoonanor
Time & Space Traveler

Re: Genetic Shroom engineering [Re: lsatrap]
    #10984831 - 09/02/09 07:07 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I was reading an article about adding flavored extracts to the nutrient solution to get a desired flavor and I started thinking, what else could be added?

having extensive knowledge in this area, i can easily say, (though it's a little off topic) adding flavoring to cannabis nutrients will NOT add to the flavor of the finished product.

Edited by apoonanor (09/03/09 01:59 PM)

OfflineShroomFrog
Strange Figment
 User Gallery
Loc: un-transubstantiated
Re: Genetic Shroom engineering [Re: apoonanor]
    #10990591 - 09/03/09 01:57 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

If someone was to engineer an organism to utilize the psilocybin pathway.  Once the appropriate genes are isolated, they could be inserted into a plasmid with a promoter for something like lactose or other sugar like mannitol.  The native promoter might even be sufficient depending on how it's activated.  I admit I know little concerning the full mechanics of this pathway. 

The plasmid if small enough could be used to transform bacteria and induced and later extracted.  Or for more ease of production (or if the pathway cannot be fit into a single plasmid), a yeast artificial chromosome could be developed with similar promoters and insert into Saccharomyces cerevisiae which wouldn't need extraction.

Plasmid and YAC's are easier to develop than isolating the metabolic pathways anyway.

Offlinememory_nirvana
nomad
Male User Gallery

Loc: oklahoma
    #11038501 - 09/11/09 02:42 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

this is all i have been able to find on the subject

The Original "Super Mushroom," Agaricus blazei

For decades, anthropologists and medical researchers puzzled over the fact that the people of Piedade, a small mountain town in the humid rainforest of Brazil, lived to extraordinary age, many well into their 100s.

They were almost never bothered by serious illnesses like heart disease, arthritis, high blood pressure, diabetes, cancer, hepatitis, or Alzheimer's.

For years, scientists attributed this incredible health and longevity to some powerful genetic defense, passed from one generation to the next. Was it

An anti-cancer, longer-life gene? No. . .something even better!

But in the 1960s, a Japanese scientist by the name of Furumoto Takatoshi discovered the true secret, a rare strain of a certain mushroom native to the local mountains of the Piedade area. It turned out that the locals used this "sun mushroom" or "mushroom of life," as they called it (known botanically as Agaricus blazei Murill fungus) to make a popular medicinal tea. It was also a regular ingredient in their cooking!

Furumoto's research established an unequivocal connection between the mushroom and the longer life and extraordinary good health of the people who consumed it.

Since then, dozens upon dozens of scientific studies have analyzed the complex organic compounds that account for the powerful, anti-aging, perfect health, longer-life properties of this particular, very rare strain of mushroom and confirmed that Agaricus blazei is indeed the source of longevity and extraordinary good health enjoyed by the people of Piedade.

Therefore, it was not "good genes," but rather the miracle mushroom that protected these people against heart attack, stroke, diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, cancer, premature aging and most of the other illnesses that plague the rest of the world.

That is good news, because, while you can not do anything about your genetic makeup, you can benefit from the longer-life nutrients of this amazing, miracle mushroom, Agaricus blazei. In fact, many already have, including ex-President Ronald Reagan who, according to the media, used it to treat and cure his skin cancer.

No wonder the miracle mushroom Agaricus blazei was heralded as the long-awaited solution to cancer.

Only there were TWO big problems!

Unfortunately, this particular strain of the mushroom grows only in the unique soil and climate conditions found around the village of Piedade, and repeated attempts at commercial cultivation failed. Although the original cultures that Furumoto sent to Japan have been painstakingly maintained and isolated to guard their genetic purity, for years, the only, very limited source was the rainforest of Piedade.

And that area, like so much of the Brazilian rainforest, has become urbanized and industrialized since the mushroom's discovery, some 40-60 years ago. Nowadays, you would be hard pressed to find the "super mushroom" growing wild.

A near tragedy!

Of course, the original discovery that this amazing, miracle mushroom provided powerful anti-cancer, immune-boosting protection created huge interest in the scientific community.

For years, front-line research laboratories and world-class bio-chemical researchers have been studying the many different strains of the Agaricus blazei mushrooms found throughout the world.

While none has been identified with a polysaccharide profile that exactly matches the Piedade Agaricus blazei, herbalists working in the U.S. recently discovered that a related Agaricus strain does contain most of the active bio-nutrients that make the Brazilian mushroom so powerful.

That was especially good news, because this newly researched, still-un-named strain of Agaricus mushroom contains more than a few powerful polysaccharide nutrients that are uniquely its own. Not only do these nutrients possess powerful better-health properties, they complement those of the original Brazilian strain.

The best news of all is that geneticists have now succeeded in crossing genetically pure cultures descended from the original Piedade mushroom taken to Japan, with the newly researched complementary strain, to create a new, hybrid Agaricus mushroom that is even more powerful than either of its "parents!"

Science introduces the new Hybrid Mushroom . . . the most powerful super-mushroom of all!

Laboratory analysis and exhaustive clinical tests prove that the unique combination of some 85 nutrients found only in this miracle hybrid mushroom, including the powerful, complex polysaccharide, â-D-Glucan can:

Destroy a variety of deadly cancer cells (without side effects)
Guard against deadly heart disease and crippling stroke
Slash your risk of ever developing diabetes
Control high blood pressure
Inhibit or reverse arthritis
Protect against Alzheimer's
Boost immune function to guard against and a host of other illnesses
Correct digestive and weight problems
Boost energy
Protect against liver and kidney disease
Protect against hepatitis
Ease the pain and stiffness of arthritic joints
Promote natural, more-restful sleep
Help you look and feel 20 years younger.
While this hybrid strain has been analyzed by biochemists and nutritional researchers, its potency has been appreciated for many years by the few who have been acquainted with it:

The Iron Chef of Japan only serves Kobe beef that has been fed with this mushroom.
The Royal Family of Saudi Arabia feeds this mushroom to their champion thoroughbreds.
The most powerful, patented, secret-to-eternal-health superfood in the world!

The amazing, SUPER hybrid mushroom combines the same, historical, extensively studied nutrients found only in the heirloom strain of the Agaricus blazei mushroom (first studied by Takatoshi Furumoto more than 40 years ago). With the complementary nutrients in newly researched strain to provide the astonishing, immune boosting ... cholesterol lowering ... better health. . .longer life benefits of both of these two miracle mushrooms in the breakthrough hybrid. There is simply nothing else in the world to equal it!

The DNA for the new hybrid mushroom is so valuable it is kept in two separate vaults in the United States and Europe to protect its chemical makeup.
The potency of the hybrid mushroom is protected by a strictly controlled, strictly organic, growing process that provides a consistent temperature, soil, watering, and quarantined environment
Every yield of the hybrid mushroom is compared to the original to be sure the DNA from the two components matches for efficacy and potency.
No other super-food comes close!

The hybrid mushroom extract contains large quantities of â-D-Glucan (Polysaccharide); clinically proven to act as an immunological activator that enhances the immune system.

The powerful nutrients in this patented supplement also stimulate natural killer cells, whose job is to defend the body by responding as soon as damaged (as in cancer) cells appear, while other immune cells gear up for action. Natural killer cells are best known for their capacity to kill tumor cells before they become established cancers.

Here is how this miracle formula works in your body to help you live a longer healthier life:

â-D-Glucan and other powerful nutrients enhance the activity of macrophage, an antibody cell that destroys or delays the proliferation of cancer cells.
It contains natural steroids, known for their anti-cancer effect.
It contains large amounts of non-digestive dietary fibers that absorb and discharge cancerous materials in your body.
It reduces the blood glucose (sugar) and guards against diabetes.
It acts to reduce blood pressure, cholesterol and arteriosclerosis.
It can also enhance the effect of Chemotherapy. The hybrid mushroom extract is all-natural and there are no known side effects from taking it.
Everybody can expect intensive improvement and prevention of serious illness without risk and fear through immunotherapy. Now you too can benefit from the same powerful longer life, disease stopping nutrients that, study after study, have shown account for the phenomenal long life and good health of the native people of Piedade, who for hundreds of years have made it a regular part of their diet.

--------------------
NOT ALL WHO WANDER ARE LOST

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order