Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineboO
Female User Gallery

Re: So I need a new cell phone. [Re: blkjkrabbit]
    #10903100 - 08/21/09 07:58 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

i disagree with some of your opinions...

mobile phones have been around already since the 80s, that's already reaching 30 years. as with any other technology, when there's advancements, they start to become more available for consumers to buy, production to make them becomes cheaper, the devices become cheaper, thus it starts to become integrated into our lifestyles.

you typed a message on the bb, how much do you use the internet? i'd have to say that the internet becoming readily available for people including faster internet connections have advanced at a faster pace than mobile phone technology has...do you avoid the internet at all costs because it's convenient to have information whenever you want? does it distract you?

as for the negative health ramifications, true, there have been some studies that say that there's no telling what it can cause, but then you might as well live in a bubble if you're afraid of your health...considering everything now a days (including our ENVIRONMENT) can fuck up our bodies, trigger diseases, kill us.

if anything, the new mobile phones with better hardware and the capability to give users that experience of being able to conveniently have the internet on 24/7 right in their pocket is better for humanity. low end smartphones are becoming cheaper and are readily available for people in developing countries. developing countries also have a great mobile phone infrastructure which allows even a farmer in the middle of nowhere to be able to connect to the internet and spread his/her ideas or even gain some ideas. even in developing countries, it's cheaper for people to have an unlimited 3g data plan + phone than it is to have a dialup or even broadband connection to their home + computer. it's cost efficient for billions of people to be able to connect to the internet via a mobile device, which is wireless than through a computer.

that essentially means that no one is left out from being able to communicate and get information. to me, that's a WONDERFUL thing. plus, with the way mobile data technology is progressing, by 2012, LTE (4g) will be implemented in a lot of countries...we're talking about 100mbit connections to your mobile device at a fraction of the cost it would be if you had that connection at home.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: So I need a new cell phone. [Re: boO]
    #10903143 - 08/21/09 08:10 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Personally, I'm trying to hold out until October to pick up the HTC hero although I may get bored in the next few weeks and grab a Palm Pre to tide me over.

I love the convenience of cell phones.  I remember when it was difficult to get in contact with friends and family because you had to wait until they were home to talk to them. 

As boo said, we are in the midst of another major societal transition:  being "connected" all the time, wherever you go.  Personally, I think its awesome to have all my contacts, music, email, scheduling, photos, GPS and the internet in a single device.

IMO the next major transition is going to be toward "cloud-based" systems, with ALL your info in a single, localized place. 

Anywhere you can access a "screen" (TV, mobile phone, OR computer) you can access all of your data.  Again, I think it would be wonderful to travel to a business meeting without a laptop.  Once you're at the hotel you can access your entire music and movie collection through the hotel's computer or TV.  Hell, imagine getting into a rental car and your MP3 collection is already with you.  Cool times indeed.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

OfflineboO
Female User Gallery

Re: So I need a new cell phone. [Re: badchad]
    #10903174 - 08/21/09 08:22 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

the hero is cool...i really dig the sense ui. as for the palm pre, i'd say not to get it...it's pretty fucking slow. multitasking with over 3 applications open is a nightmare. go for the hero over the palm pre is my opinion.

but, i reckon you should check out the reports of what's been leaked recently with maemo. the device has the same processor as the palm pre but also includes a 3d accelerator chip. plus the os is based on linux, so there's always the issue that applications/games are free and readily available. the development community is also a lot more established than android at the moment...but, those are the two operating systems that i think will have potential in the upcoming years...maemo and android.

and badchad, i think your hunch of where it's going to lead is pretty spot on :smile:

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

#10903192 - 08/21/09 08:27 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

The maemo looks nice, but in general, I prefer the formfactor of non-keyboard devices.

There has been some really unsubstantiated rumors of a U.S. HTC-touch-HD that is wi-max compatible (4g), but I think I'm moving on from windows mobile until WM7 is released.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

OfflineboO
Female User Gallery

Re: So I need a new cell phone. [Re: badchad]
    #10903199 - 08/21/09 08:31 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

pre has a slide out numpad/keyboard..so i guess it's better for you to just wait till oct for the hero

OfflineJT
Male User Gallery

Loc: athens Flag
    #10903215 - 08/21/09 08:36 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

does at&t have the G1? i just got one through t-mobile last night for $100 with a 1year contract + data plan. i was going to hold out for the motorola morrison or HTC hero, but the specs just came out and both those new phones use the same chips and operating systems.

the g1's are much easier to use even than the iphone IMO. the touch screen is nearly the same size, but the slide out qwerty keyboard and trackball make surfing the web SO much easier.

if you think you want to get a touchscreen phone, make sure it has a track ball. seriously it's a world of difference when you need to hit those small links.

OfflineboO
Female User Gallery

Re: So I need a new cell phone. [Re: JT]
    #10903264 - 08/21/09 08:51 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

i'm not sure what carriers have what phones available there unfortunately, i don't live in the US.

i agree with you that it's nice to have a slide out qwerty keyboard, it definitely makes typing notes, sms a lot easier and faster than an on screen keyboard from the different phones i've tested.

but, i don't agree with the trackball to be honest...i just found them clumsy for example on RIM phones. a good ui allows for the user to click on links on a website within the browser no matter how small it is and how big your finger is. one example of a quick method is easy zooming using a one touch finger gesture then clicking on a link.

which also brings up my thoughts on resistive vs capacitive touchscreens. i really dislike how apple has instilled into people's minds that using a stylus is something bad...i like using a stylus, doesn't make my screen all smudgy. plus, stylus use allows for accurate pressing for what you said about smaller links. though of course, a good user interface allows for both finger and stylus use.but anyways, i won't go into more ranting :grin:

Offlinewicket
Newb

Re: So I need a new cell phone. [Re: wicket]
    #10943621 - 08/26/09 06:23 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Got the Iphone in the other day, you guys were right, this things rad. i been doin all sorts of fun stuff and i actually feel like i can detatch myself from my pc for longer periods of time, because of the wireless internet! :grin:

--------------------

If something is in me that can be called religious, then
it is the unbounded admiration for the structure
of the world so far as science can reveal it.
- Albert Einstein

Edited by wicket (08/26/09 06:24 PM)

Offlinesixsystemz
neo
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over here!!
    #10943923 - 08/26/09 07:21 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Iv got an iphone and its awesome Iv had it for a few months now and keep figuring out more cool shit they can do!

--------------------
A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be. -Albert Einstein

Offline420_psychonaut
altered states
Male User Gallery

Loc: San antonio TX
    #10943970 - 08/26/09 07:28 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

wicket said:
My phone fell off of my bed and landed in a glass of water the other morning, and now it shuts off when it wants, and has a few other quirks. The phone i have now is a sony ericsson Z750 i believe.. and i love it, the only problem is, the last 2 sony ericsson phones i had, the charger/data outlet on the phone comes loose after a few months of usage and i have to wiggle it around to get it to charge, or to connect via usb to transfer music and photos, etc. 
I Also have a 4gb sony ericcson memory card that i can move to my new phone if it is sony ericcson with expandable memory bay.

Ok So a MUST have on a new phone is an mp3 player, with headphone jack compatible with regular headphones so i can use my zenheissers :grin:.
And an expandable memory bay, at least 4gb.

The only other thing i use my phone for is texting and talking.

Anyone got any good recommendations? :confused:

Oh BTW I use AT&T

dude that happend to me before too it sucks it landed right in a glass of water.execept mine would even turn on and i  tried to air it out and everything.

--------------------
:vaped::jointsmile::bongload::ganja::jah:im what u might call a "pothead":potleaf::getstoned::gethigh:

Invisiblelegallyhomeless
mooch
 User Gallery

Loc: EZRA for the Refuge
Re: So I need a new cell phone. [Re: 420_psychonaut]
    #10944871 - 08/26/09 09:53 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Just a tip...

If you drop your phone, or any device in water...

1. Turn it off :foreheadslap:
2. Take out the battery
3. submerge device and battery in rice
4. after 24 hours place the device into a bag of damprid
5. after 24 hours replace battery
6. enjoi

--------------------
MY TRADE LIST!!!

FULLY AUTOMATIC!! 12-Pot Multi Grow Hydroponic System for Trade.

Download PSX ISOs

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom