Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

Re: I went to an STS9 show last night [Re: Silversoul]
    #10923013 - 08/23/09 09:25 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:
Last STS9 concert I went to, a fight broke out.  WTF, man?  I hate that when it happens at concerts.  I especially hate it when it's a psychedelic, jam band concert.

"You're crowdin my dread-shakin space brah!"

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleArden
לנשום

Loc: Α & Ω Flag
Re: I went to an STS9 show last night [Re: DNKYD]
    #10923272 - 08/23/09 09:53 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

A friend of mine also attended this show. He reported that the crowd energy was mostly positive, and everyone seemed to be enjoying an overall collective vibe. It ultimately depends on your own experience according to how you rate the crowd.

STS9, Panic, and Phish tends to draw a lot of immature, scene-oriented youngsters who mostly come for the status points and the availability of cheap drugs.

Festivals and psytrance gatherings can also go this way. It comes with the territory. Slowly but surely, these kids begin to take a look around (behind their dilated pupils) and they begin to see what it's really about--the love of music and people. By sharing, being patient and understanding, and letting some of the things roll off your shoulders, we can learn to accept otherwise shallow people as at least trying to be community-minded and take part in cool events.

OfflineAnonymousRabbit
Comrade
 User Gallery

. [Re: Arden]
    #10923475 - 08/23/09 10:29 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------

Edited by AnonymousRabbit (05/19/22 12:56 AM)

OfflineHopanDubMan
Jelly bomb ass shit....
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #10923521 - 08/23/09 10:38 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I remember I was at Day Out of Time this summer up at red rocks, I didn't have tix, I just went to listen to good music and trip balls and walk around lookin at the rocks.

Sitting in the car after the show seeing the hoards of bros and chads fucked up out of their skulls with foamy mouths and sunken eyeballs tripping all over the parking definitely put me in a bad mood.

--------------------

WakaWaka

OfflineRainman420
Music is my Life
Male User Gallery

Re: I went to an STS9 show last night [Re: Arden]
    #10923760 - 08/23/09 11:24 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Arden said:
A friend of mine also attended this show. He reported that the crowd energy was mostly positive, and everyone seemed to be enjoying an overall collective vibe. It ultimately depends on your own experience according to how you rate the crowd.

STS9, Panic, and Phish tends to draw a lot of immature, scene-oriented youngsters who mostly come for the status points and the availability of cheap drugs.

Festivals and psytrance gatherings can also go this way. It comes with the territory. Slowly but surely, these kids begin to take a look around (behind their dilated pupils) and they begin to see what it's really about--the love of music and people. By sharing, being patient and understanding, and letting some of the things roll off your shoulders, we can learn to accept otherwise shallow people as at least trying to be community-minded and take part in cool events.

THIS. I have to say this a probly the most enlightened view so far in this thread. Sure, with any crowd there are going to be those annoying fucks. But at least they are doing something positive in this crowd and trying to be real. And I'm pretty sure that like you said, the younger ones eventually start to see the big picture.

And another point I would like to make is that, yes there is a lot of bullshit going on in the crowd/scene. But the thing that remains pure and true is the MUSIC. That is the one reason why we are all there. When the music is good, the positives heavily outweigh the negatives, even in the most severe setting of douches.

--------------------
The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:

From bondage to spiritual faith;
From spiritual faith to great courage;
From courage to liberty;
From liberty to abundance;
From abundance to selfishness;
From selfishness to complacency;
From complacency to apathy;
From apathy to dependence;
From dependence back into bondage.

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
Re: I went to an STS9 show last night [Re: Rainman420]
    #10923815 - 08/23/09 11:39 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Rainman420 said:
When the music is good, the positives heavily outweigh the negatives, even in the most severe setting of douches.

:lol: I like the way you put that.

--------------------

OfflineMrBump
Third prize is you're fired
 User Gallery

Loc: Denver, Colorado
Re: I went to an STS9 show last night [Re: Rainman420]
    #10924009 - 08/24/09 12:13 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Rainman420 said:
Quote:

Arden said:

THIS. I have to say this a probly the most enlightened view so far in this thread. Sure, with any crowd there are going to be those annoying fucks. But at least they are doing something positive in this crowd and trying to be real. And I'm pretty sure that like you said, the younger ones eventually start to see the big picture.

And another point I would like to make is that, yes there is a lot of bullshit going on in the crowd/scene. But the thing that remains pure and true is the MUSIC. That is the one reason why we are all there. When the music is good, the positives heavily outweigh the negatives, even in the most severe setting of douches.

yeah, perhaps its not fair to characterize them all in such a negative light. everyone seems to
be having a great time at the shows, dancing their asses off and all.

I used to get fuckzers too much when I was younger. so I really shouldnt criticize

--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: I went to an STS9 show last night [Re: MrBump]
    #10924055 - 08/24/09 12:22 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

It's true. I've met a good deal of very cool people at Tribe shows, and at Umphrey's shows when I used to go years ago. The quality people you meet at the shows usually outweigh the douche in front of you dipping in his bag every 5 minutes, or the drunk cunt that burned your arm with her cig countless times.

One thing that irks me is a buddy of mine whenever he's on mushrooms at a show. Every 10 minutes it's "OHHHH MY GAAAAAAAAAAAWD THIS IS AWESOME!"
Yeah, it was awesome 10 minutes ago, it's still awesome, that's why I fucking came. I never knew someone who, for as many times as he has shroomed, still can't help but act like a 10 year old in a candy store. Have a good time, yeah. But for fuck's sake, shut the hell up and stop acting like a high schooler that just took his first trip.

OfflineSlightAttendant
Stranger

#10926974 - 08/24/09 01:48 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

i went to both nights and had a blast w/ friends..

personally i think whiskey, rednecks, and lsd is a hilarious combination, especially post-show conversations/run-ins. Bassnectar was good, he is doing some pretty intense stuff, i like the organic fluctuation sounds better than the machine/transformer/missile explosions (excision, datsik, rottun records) that he's been doing this summer.

Ghostland observatory was badass. My first time seeing them and i was seriously feeling the gritty texas vibes. Great venue and amazing weather. Had some fun lost in alpharetta looking for our hotel, i doubt the hyatt place will offer any kind of package deal in the future

Offlinecitricacidx
FunGuy
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: GA
Re: I went to an STS9 show last night [Re: SlightAttendant]
    #10940748 - 08/26/09 10:52 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

You can now officially download the show from Saturday at the VZW Amphitheater as well as the one on Friday night at the Tabernacle. Wewt!

--------------------

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
Re: I went to an STS9 show last night [Re: citricacidx]
    #10942414 - 08/26/09 03:24 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

citricacidx said:
I was at the show last night (oddly enough I posted about it in the music forum). I pretty much agree, the music was great, and there was a noticeable good vibe, at least with my friends, but overall the crowd looked like a UGA pep rally. So many frat boys. :mcpeepants:

Yeah it's cause STS9 and Bassnectar go to athens to make bank sometimes.  Frat boys on acid are hilarious though.  Some of them are cool dudes, actually I prefer some frat guys to hardcore scenester kids.  At least Frat guys aren't trying to be anything they're not.  But yeah still annoying.

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale