Home | Community | Message Board

HighDesertSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Herb Grinder, Syrian Rue

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineInFecTeD-FuRY
wannabericer
Loc: Monroe, WA
Re: COCOA-SHROOMS [Re: Mr Wobblehead]
    #1099390 - 11/30/02 10:49 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

hell ya it does.....ill have to do that sumtime

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTempanensis
journeyman
Male
Loc: Canada
Re: COCOA-SHROOMS [Re: InFecTeD-FuRY]
    #1103396 - 12/02/02 10:25 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

There are three main types on fondue... broth, cheese and chocolate.

With the broth fondue you cook very thinly sliced pieces of meat in a strongly flavoured broth (soup).

With the cheese fondue, you dip pieces of bread into the melted cheese. It is usually a sort of swiss cheese mixture.

With the chocolate fondue (as stated) you dip pieces of fruit, and just about anything that is good chocolate covered into the melted chocolate.

All fondues involve a small pot usually kept hot over a small flame of "fondue fuel" which I guess is alcohol based, and long thin forked "fondue forks" much like a long, thin miniature BBQ fork.

They were quite the thing in the 60's and 70's used both by romantic couples and cottage-goers since they generally didn't require use of electricity or much in the way of preparation.

The reason they lost popularity is because they usually are about the furthest thing from providing a quick and easy meal as you can get, and the pot is often quite a mess to clean up when using cheese or chocolate.

Life in general has gotten much more fast paced and rushed over the past 20 years, and anything that isn't quick, easy, convenient and easy to clean up afterwards isn't going to be popular.

InvisibleMr Wobblehead
WizardExtraordinary &Absolute CocoaSlut

Loc: They tell me it's a hospi...
Re: COCOA-SHROOMS [Re: Tempanensis]
    #1105592 - 12/02/02 11:51 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Where are you at? Country?

I can remember my parents winning one of those fondue things in about 1972. They never used it. It was far beyond their limited imaginations. I have no idea what happened to it as I have no idea what happened to my parents. Horrible poor ignorant people.

I did the cocoa-shrooms again this evening. I'm a bit fucked at the moment and seriously need some sleep, so I'll do my update in the tomorrow sometime. Actually it is tomorrow. 4.50 am. I'm starving. Haven't eaten anything except some chocolate and shrooms since yesterday morning. Silly me.

What a fucking trip though. Wow!

OfflineTempanensis
journeyman
Male
    #1106601 - 12/03/02 11:05 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I'm in Canada.

Hopefully all worked out well :smile:

I patiently await your report :smile:

InvisibleMr Wobblehead

#1107347 - 12/03/02 04:12 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

For my latest escapade i took 70 grams of wet shrooms and dried them down to 12 grams. So they weren't quite dry.

I made the cocoa up same as last time but only used two teaspoons brown sugar this time and didn't bring it up to the boil. I put 9 grams of the shrooms through the grinder attachment and then just stirred them into the not very hot cocoa. Necked it in one. It definitely does wonders for the taste of the shrooms.

I then went and laid down and listened to Tago Mago, by Can. Totally fucked up album, well worth a listen to.

This time i came up quite well, nice and buzzy and very visual, it still took about an hour to come up though. I think that's why it doesn't seem as strong as when doing them in orange juice. When i do shrooms in juice i'm rattling about half an hour later, but with chocolate it takes about an hour to really notice the effects, so it seems a lot milder as you sink more gently into the trip, which is a lot more pleasant.

After an hour i decided to take the other three grams and mixed them in another mug of the cocoa. This was a mistake. The cocoa was too much it made me feel sick, and i spent most of the next hour feeling like i was going to vomit, which is not a good way to start a trip. It settled down after about an hour though. But the trip did have a very cocoa tint to it, very strange imagery, like looking into an aero bar. Much nicer than orange juice.

My ideas now are that i should only do one mug of cocoa at the start and get all the shrooms into that. Doing more cocoa after that has a negative effect.

As I started to come down i drank what was left of the pan of coca and ate a bit of chocolate. I was feeling ok on the come down until i did that, and it sobered me up so damn quick it was very uncomfortable. So again no chocolate on the come down anymore.

Today i've had a dull headache all day, from all the chocolate last night.

I'm having a break from tripping for a few weeks as i've got some work to be getting on with, and i won't get it done if i'm tripping all the time. But I'll be cooking up the cocoa again at Solstice as i'm convinced that it's definitely the way to go. Coming up slower and having that theobromine buzz allows my thoughts to be a lot more clearer, which i find a lot more constructive and positive than if i do them with juice.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1107378 - 12/03/02 04:23 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

You're not accepting private messages?

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleMr Wobblehead

Re: COCOA-SHROOMS [Re: Strumpling]
    #1107716 - 12/03/02 06:13 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Try it now

OfflineTempanensis
journeyman
Male
    #1107817 - 12/03/02 07:09 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Very interesting :smile:  So next time no chocolate after the first consumption.

I am curious if this method of ingestion affects the duration of the trip.  I guess you won't know for sure until you do it without having secondary or tertiary chocolate consumption.

I am also curious of the effects of smoking marijuana during the comedown of this chocolate trip.

It seems that secondary chocolate consumption may act as an antidote to bring you down.  This is good to know so as to avoid premature trip termination due to a chocolate craving :wink:

InvisibleMr Wobblehead

#1107904 - 12/03/02 08:04 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I took the first 9 grams at four o'clock, the 3 grams at five and i was down at ten.  I've never tripped long on shrooms though.  The come down at ten was from the 9 grams only as i was still floating along on the 3 grams until i ate the chocolate that was when i came right down.

I had some e's once that i was still buzzing on 36 hours after i took them.  :blush: I have no idea what was in them but it just went on forever.  Nice as well.

I haven't smoked any cannabis in months.  :frown:  So I'm not really the one to ask about that.  I'm getting a free plane ticket to Amsterdam soon, so I'll be going to get stoned in the new year some time.  Have they legalised in Canada yet?

And for all your chocolate needs....

http://www.chocosphere.com/Html/Products/green-and-blacks.html

The cocoa's at the bottom of the page.  The dark chocolate is sooooo nice 70% cocoa (serious shit).  And it's all organic and pure.  It's less than half that price in england though.  But it's definitely worth splashing out on some for a shrooming session.

InvisibleMr Wobblehead

#1136816 - 12/12/02 10:40 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Latest recipe for one...

Place two heaped spoonfuls of cocoa in a bowl.

Take 1/4 litre of soya milk and add a little of this to the cocoa to make a paste.

Heat the rest of the soya milk to hot stirring continuously - it sticks and burns easily.  You don't need to boil it, just make it hot.

Once it's hot enough, take off heat and add the cocoa paste, stir well.

If using fresh shrooms cut them up and put them into blender, add cocoa and one desert spoon of maple syrup and whiz.

If using dry shrooms powder them and add to the pan and stir into cocoa with one desert spoon of maple syrup.

The reason why you don't boil the soya milk is now obvious, as you need to drink this down in one.  If the cocoa is too cold you can taste the shrooms, if it's too hot then you can't drink it.

I recommend using only organic ingredients as they are so much nicer tasting and make you feel better not having loads of chemicals all over them.  This makes the trip a much nicer experience as in my experience the method of consumption is a big factor in the flavour of the trip itself.  I use soya milk because i'm a vegan, if you want to use cow juice then that's up to you, but i would advise against it as you have no idea what drugs and shit the cow has been fed on, and all that crap is going to come with the milk.

If you use a load of cheap shitty ingredients to make your cocoa-shrooms then cheapness and shittyness is going to resonate through the trip.  If you use purity and goodness then these things resonate instead.  You're worth that little extra, so go and spoil yoursleves. :laugh:

I noticed that a few sites warn about the use of cocoa while on syrian rue.  I took cocoa-shrooms after 3.5 of syrian rue juice and had no ill effects at all.

This method of consumption slows down the come up to over an hour, so don't go munching more shrooms after 45 mins cause you don't feel you've taken enough.  The good thing about a slow come up is that you have a nice gentle come down. 

You'll also find that you may need to up your dosage slightly to compensate for the slow come up as it does make the trip seem weaker.

Have fun. :laugh: 

OfflineGhostPanther
herbsman

Loc: ?unknown?
    #1138882 - 12/13/02 03:07 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

you people must have tastebuds with lil' pussies on em. just eat them damnit, they dont taste that gross. I prefer to eat fresh shrooms on an empty stomach. dried ones dont taste bad either, just like earthy popcorn. simply get mentally prepared for the trip, while you are eating them think of how fun and enlightening this experience will be. fucking meditate.

p.s. you think mushrooms are sick tasting, try to dose on some alkaloid rich cacti (pedro, peruvianis, lophophora), now THAT is something that will test your gag reflex!

<===stoned==

--------------------

http://overgrow.com
http://buddhanet.net

InvisibleMr Wobblehead

Re: COCOA-SHROOMS [Re: GhostPanther]
    #1139966 - 12/14/02 01:30 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

If you like the taste of shrooms and you are happy with eating them raw then fine. I don't.

I'm of the opinion that tripping should be as pleasant as possible, not an gagging and puking ordeal to be endured just to prove you're not a pussy.

And if you read through this site you would notice that most people do not like the taste of shrooms, so I'm in the majority here not you.

Why should people make themselves gag and feel sick just to impress people like you?

And I would really like to sit and watch you eat 80 grams of fresh shrooms without puking sometime during the trip.

OfflineGrinKitty
Stranger
    #1141272 - 12/14/02 03:54 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I've never done mushrooms before, but I'm acquiring an 8th next week(hopefully). Apparently these aren't your typical street shrooms either. 3.5 grams kicked my friends ass, he is experienced, and is recommending that I only dose a half 8th for my first trip. My question is, would the coca method (which does sound very viable to me) work with such a low dose? Should I just go balls out, use the coca recipe, and dose on a full 8th for my first trip?

--------------------

InvisibleMr Wobblehead

Re: COCOA-SHROOMS [Re: GrinKitty]
    #1141457 - 12/14/02 05:41 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

It cocoa, not coca, you want to use.

It depends on what type of shrooms they are. If they are Welsh liberty caps then 3.5 might be a little too much for your first trip. If they're cubes then just go for it.

I'd also think about what you're planning on doing on them. If you're just staying in your house chilling out in a nice controlled place then dose up and have a blast. If you're out and about then take it easy.

It's like learning to swim, some say jump in the deep end, that way you have no choice but to learn, others say play in the shallow end with arm bands for a while until you suss it out. I suppose it depends whether you're the nutter who jumps in the deep end or the sensible person who has a paddle first to see what it's all about.

There's also the point that first impressions count. If you go mad first time out you can put yourself off shrooms for life.

Maybe the thing to do is just grab a friend and share your eighth this time and see how that goes for you. The least you'll get is a very nice buzz, or they may indeed be really strong and you'll have a rather good trip.

I'd recommend growing your own as well. That way you'll get to know the potency and can dose more acurately, which is rather important. And you'll save a lot of money. They're very easy to grow.

Anyway, have a nice time whatever you decide.

InvisibleMr Wobblehead

#1141462 - 12/14/02 05:48 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

To answer your question, yeah try the cocoa.

You could maybe do 2.5 grams in cocoa for your first try. That would be a nice compromise. See how that goes, you can always up it next time.

Let us know how you get on.

OfflineGrinKitty
Stranger
    #1141534 - 12/14/02 06:41 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Sorry bout that. Meant chocolate of course :laugh:

Thanks for the info. Definitly going to be more of a laid back, "Spiritual" type trip. Nice controlled enviornment, probably no sober sitter though, so 2.5 sounds good. 

--------------------

InvisibleMr Wobblehead

#1141951 - 12/15/02 12:59 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Meant chocolate of course 

I have to admit that coca leaf and shroom tea sounds interesting though.  It was the native south americans who invented cocoa-shrooms, and i'm sure they must have had a recipe for shrooms with coca involved somewhere as the leaves are a very important part of their lives.

Quote:

Definitly going to be more of a laid back, "Spiritual" type trip. Nice controlled enviornment, probably no sober sitter though, so 2.5 sounds good. 

Sounds good.  I'm of the view that a sober sitter is more of a problem than a help.  I've never had one and wouldn't want one.

Have a nice time, anyway. :laugh: 

InvisibleCow Shit Collector
Patty Poacher

Loc: Random Field
    #1142067 - 12/15/02 02:38 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

if u wanna make cocoa, go for it. but i would suggest just eating the mushrooms if you've never done them before. Dont get a 'nasty taste' stigma in your head. I personally really liked the taste the first time. Now, i prefer a buffer

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

OfflineKillBill
Quick Learner
Re: COCOA-SHROOMS [Re: Cow Shit Collector]
    #3198436 - 09/30/04 02:20 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Does anyone have a recipe for or know how to , or have a link to, how to make Your own chocolates? Not drinks, but the candy?

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Herb Grinder, Syrian Rue

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports