Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineQualityCompost
Stranger

Loc: Tennessee
Skip the hassle of pasteurizing, let us do the dirty work! Shroomery discounts!
    #10810731 - 08/06/09 11:14 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Hey dudes!

My name is Joseph, and my business's (Quality Composting) application to become a Shroomery sponsor was recently approved. I'm super excited, and I figured I'd make a thread to introduce myself and post a few pictures. Here's a medium-sized batch of compost I recently shipped out in various stages of preparation:

Collected straight from the pasture, prior to being dried and shredded:

Shredded and being sun-dried:

A closer look:

A handful of hydrated compost:

Zoomed in a little bit:

After being steam-pasteurized at 160-170 for 3 hours, I vacuum seal the compost into 10lbs. units and it's good to go:

All of my compost is pasteurized on an on-demand basis for every order to maximize shelf-life. In other words, I do not keep backstock of pre-pasteurized compost, I only keep a backstock of dry compost and hydrate/pasteurize as orders come in.

==========================================================

For anyone interested in making an order, be sure to use the code "shroomery" at checkout. This will save you 10% off your entire order!

Also, for anyone who makes a purchase in the month of August, your name will be placed into a random drawing for a free 10lbs. of premium compost! The drawing will be conducted on the last day of the month, and the winner will be announced shortly after. The size of the order does not influence the chance to win, so anyone who makes an order, big or small, has an equal opportunity to be the winner!

Those interested will need to make an order before September 1st in order to be eligible. Don't worry if you don't make it in time for the cutoff though, I plan on making these drawings a monthly routine!

==========================================================

If anyone has any questions or concerns, feel free to post in this thread, PM me, or e-mail me at qualitycomposting@gmail.com. I respond to all e-mails within 24 hours, so if you're in need of a response ASAP, that is the best way to get in touch to ensure a quick reply.

More pictures are on the way! Thanks for your interest everyone, take it easy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOrganicMyco
Stranger

Re: Skip the hassle of pasteurizing, let us do the dirty work! Shroomery discounts! [Re: QualityCompost]
    #10810804 - 08/06/09 11:33 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Welcome to the Shroomery! This community is great and you will find alot of support here.

OfflineLennyk
D-O-L-E Dole
Male

Loc: Near the Ground
Re: Skip the hassle of pasteurizing, let us do the dirty work! Shroomery discounts! [Re: OrganicMyco]
    #10813314 - 08/06/09 06:38 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Damn, time to sell more plasma for money so I can buy this sponsor stuff :tongue:

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Re: Skip the hassle of pasteurizing, let us do the dirty work! Shroomery discounts! [Re: QualityCompost]
    #10816726 - 08/07/09 09:48 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Good to see another poo vendor around :thumbup:

After seeing some of the other poo/compost sponsors come and go, my best advice would be not to get in over your head. Poo is in high demand around here and it seems like the previous sponsors that got the axe had a hard time keeping up with orders. Rather than putting items on backorder or temporarily shutting their sites down to catch up when this happened, these vendors just kept taking on more orders until the orders, emails and customer complaints got to be more than they could handle. I don't think these vendors had bad intentions, they just didn't have their shit together. (no pun intended)

Don't be that guy :wink:

Offlinechucklehead
GeneticThrowback toNeanderthal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chucky Cheese
Re: Skip the hassle of pasteurizing, let us do the dirty work! Shroomery discounts! [Re: FooMan]
    #10819591 - 08/07/09 07:12 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

FooMan said:
Good to see another poo vendor around :thumbup:

After seeing some of the other poo/compost sponsors come and go, my best advice would be not to get in over your head. Poo is in high demand around here and it seems like the previous sponsors that got the axe had a hard time keeping up with orders. Rather than putting items on backorder or temporarily shutting their sites down to catch up when this happened, these vendors just kept taking on more orders until the orders, emails and customer complaints got to be more than they could handle. I don't think these vendors had bad intentions, they just didn't have their shit together. (no pun intended)

Don't be that guy :wink:

First, I totally agree.  Don't get in over your head and stick around.  :goodluck:

Second, is good news for you.  You get to go heads up againts High Mountain Compost.  I recently ordered some of your stuff.  I will be doing a side by side in conditions that are as equal as I can make them.  So same amount of substrate, same clone, same environment etc.  I'll do two experiments of each vendors products in case we have an oddball for what ever reason. 

Not to worry, you aren't in the hands of a noob.  I've done one or two of these before :grin:.  So provided the right materials my clones and I should perform well.  We always do with HMC.  So if you can stand up to that.  You very well may win my business considering your cost.

OfflineQualityCompost
Stranger

Re: Skip the hassle of pasteurizing, let us do the dirty work! Shroomery discounts! [Re: chucklehead]
    #10821980 - 08/08/09 10:32 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the kind words and suggestions guys. I've already made a promise to myself to not accept any money for any product I don't have on hand and can't readily ship out. The last thing I want to do is create a long line of people waiting for a paid-for product for weeks on end. My time and money are very valuable to me, and I intend to treat all customers' time and money the way I would want my own to be treated.

Awesome idea, chucklehead. I'm glad someone is willing to take the plunge and do a little experimentation! Definitely looking forward to your results.

I had a chance to gather a few hundred more pounds of compost from the pastures yesterday, so I'll have some new pictures up tomorrow for you guys. Take it easy, and awesome site OrganicMyco!

OfflineQualityCompost
Stranger

#10925161 - 08/24/09 08:28 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Finally located the missing USB cable for my camera, so I can start posting more pictures! Here are a few recent ones.

Just collected from the pasture, approximately 150lbs. when hydrated:

Laying out to sun-dry:

A slightly closer look. It looks a little bleached, but that's just the sunlight:

A few 10lbs. units ready to go out the door:

Just for fun, a few of our horses:

I've got a busy day of composting today, so I'll try and snap a few more and have them up soon.

OfflineQualityCompost
Stranger

#10933299 - 08/25/09 10:23 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

More pictures!

This batch was collected a few days ago. It'll be 300 or 400lbs. when hydrated:

Laid out to dry:

A little bit closer:

After being shredded:

And a few more of our horses just for the hell of it:

I'll snap a couple more in a few days when I get a new haul.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate