Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemushmethis
Stranger

Re: Bizzare words associated with certain scenes objects or expressions... [Re: TheArtist]
    #10938011 - 08/25/09 10:12 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

And when it occurs naturally its a disease.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Bizzare words associated with certain scenes objects or expressions... [Re: mushmethis]
    #10938029 - 08/25/09 10:15 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Uh, no it's not. Most people experience synesthesia in some form and it does not interfere with proper functioning. Why are you so convinced it's a "disease"?

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

OfflineTheArtist
Truth Seeker

Re: Bizzare words associated with certain scenes objects or expressions... [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #10938076 - 08/25/09 10:21 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Tchan909 said:
Uh, no it's not. Most people experience synesthesia in some form and it does not interfere with proper functioning. Why are you so convinced it's a "disease"?

Thankyou Tchan. Really, Synesthesia is just icing on the cake of our senses. What mushmethis is asserting would be like to suggest that psychics are diseased, or people with hypersensitive hearing/sight, etc.

Offlinemushmethis
Stranger

Re: Bizzare words associated with certain scenes objects or expressions... [Re: TheArtist]
    #10938145 - 08/25/09 10:30 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Um..well the fact its on my record when I go to the doctors? I have medication for it?

It is a mental illness. To some it doesn't bother, to others, it does.

Free sVs!
Female

Re: Bizzare words associated with certain scenes objects or expressions... [Re: mushmethis]
    #10938189 - 08/25/09 10:37 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Interesting. How does it interfere?

--------------------
Enlil said:

OfflineTheArtist
Truth Seeker

Re: Bizzare words associated with certain scenes objects or expressions... [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #10938208 - 08/25/09 10:39 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah do tell please, i'm interested. Ever since I was little, I have had paradoelia, or spelt similiar to that. It means I see faces in everything often basically.. but it's not really a problem, just annoying at times.

Offlineillusionn
The Quiet One
Male

Loc: The City of the Sewer
    #10938653 - 08/25/09 11:47 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TheArtist said:
Yeah do tell please, i'm interested. Ever since I was little, I have had paradoelia, or spelt similiar to that. It means I see faces in everything often basically.. but it's not really a problem, just annoying at times.

That's interesting that you mention this. While I can't mention any time while I wasn't on any drugs that it happened, I can say that it happens a lot of the time I trip. I first noticed it when I took some clean MDMA pills and started hallucinating. I got floored and ended up leaning on the arm of the chair looking at random things in the garage that would morph into a familiar face that I know. I also noticed it when I took mushrooms but not as much.

OfflineTheArtist
Truth Seeker

Re: Bizzare words associated with certain scenes objects or expressions... [Re: illusionn]
    #10938696 - 08/25/09 11:56 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

illusionn said:
Quote:

TheArtist said:

That's interesting that you mention this. While I can't mention any time while I wasn't on any drugs that it happened, I can say that it happens a lot of the time I trip. I first noticed it when I took some clean MDMA pills and started hallucinating. I got floored and ended up leaning on the arm of the chair looking at random things in the garage that would morph into a familiar face that I know. I also noticed it when I took mushrooms but not as much.

Yeah, it goes wild when I take mushrooms too. The first time I ate mushrooms, the chicken wings I ate at the end of the night had tortured demonic faces in the texture of them.

Offlineechoes_
Stranger

#10939193 - 08/26/09 01:24 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I get this in my dreams, but only once while tripping, and the two were different.

During the trip I just made up a couple new words that were complete gibberish. And yes I'm completely convinced that they had zero significance.

However, quite often I find myself having a weird out of body experience. I mean, it's like I'm watching myself wake up in the morning. I'm watching my mind transition from sleep state to waking state from a external perspective. This all happens over the course of a minute or so. Once I'm fully conscious I think back on what I just said and think, "what the hell?" Of course, due to the nature of dreams I forget the words within an hour afterwards...

But I remember that I'm speaking paragraphs! And it's not all made up words, it's mostly existent words (or variations of existent words) being spoken fluently without any grammar or sentence structure. For example, one morning I caught myself saying, "pin the trickle, it's half tense said six!" It's usually things of this nature.

InvisibleArden
לנשום

Loc: Α & Ω Flag
    #10939228 - 08/26/09 01:31 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Like Noam Chompsky has stated, the details of language (its usage, acquisition, potential) may be inborn.

Think of it this way: which word sounds more fitting for a small, skinny bird? And which one sounds like a large, fat bird?

Tepill

and

Bagol

Offlineechoes_
Stranger

#10939362 - 08/26/09 01:57 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TheArtist said:
Ever since I was little, I have had paradoelia, or spelt similiar to that. It means I see faces in everything often basically.

Aren't all humans born with paradolia? I mean, we're hardwired from birth to instantly recognize faces; it's the foundation of human interaction! Hell, even the non-human. Dogs look us in the eyes too...

Free sVs!
Female

Re: Bizzare words associated with certain scenes objects or expressions... [Re: echoes_]
    #10940767 - 08/26/09 10:56 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I also get that face thing really intensely when I'm tripping. It's actually one of the first signs I recognize when I'm coming up if I suddenly start noticing faces all over the stucco.

--------------------
Enlil said:

Offlineshroomsoon
Stranger
Male

Loc: Georgia
    #10940887 - 08/26/09 11:25 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

maybe its the object communicating with you in its own language

OfflineTheArtist
Truth Seeker

Re: Bizzare words associated with certain scenes objects or expressions... [Re: echoes_]
    #10943799 - 08/26/09 06:54 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

echoes_ said:
Quote:

TheArtist said:
Ever since I was little, I have had paradoelia, or spelt similiar to that. It means I see faces in everything often basically.

Aren't all humans born with paradolia? I mean, we're hardwired from birth to instantly recognize faces; it's the foundation of human interaction! Hell, even the non-human. Dogs look us in the eyes too...

Yeah, you're right, but I am too, because humans aren't hardwired to see faces in the sidewalk, tree bark, wallpaper, carpet, bed, laundry pile, and 269 other things I do.

OfflineDudeyourgone
Gone...
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
    #10943937 - 08/26/09 07:22 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Tchan909 said:
I also get that face thing really intensely when I'm tripping. It's actually one of the first signs I recognize when I'm coming up if I suddenly start noticing faces all over the stucco.

me too...faces growing out of stone fire places and mushrooms growing...things like that..

Offlineechoes_
Stranger

#10948620 - 08/27/09 02:03 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TheArtist said:
humans aren't hardwired to see faces in the sidewalk, tree bark, wallpaper, carpet, bed, laundry pile, and 269 other things I do.

...yes, we are. That's exactly what paradolia is, recognizing normally insignificant objects as a human face. Why do you think people claim to see Jesus on a piece of grilled cheese sandwich? Or  a man on the moon? After all, our faces are just skin, muscle, and bone, yet we recognize them as something significant. This same phenomena happens with lots of things.  Don't tell me you NEVER thought you saw a face in something before you started doing psychedelics...

OfflineTheArtist
Truth Seeker

#10960955 - 08/29/09 12:05 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

No, I had it way before psychedelics, but Psychedelics made it more frequent I think. Also, if what you're saying is true, which sounds pretty plausible because i've heard of all that before, remember that i'm talking about a specific degree. People see Jesus in toast, and a face on the moon, because those things actually look like faces and that is the significance of it. What i'm talking about it different. This is my tendency to see faces on a regular basis in *ANYTHING*. Things that could be typically entirely irrelevant to the resemblance of a face, yet I will still make something of it. I could make a face of anything, that other people don't see. I have to sit there and explain to them what i'm seeing, corresponding facial piece by corresponding piece, until they go "Oooohhhh, Ok yeah, now I see it" (1 minute later).

OfflineAdrianPsy
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sydney, Australia
    #10962804 - 08/29/09 06:42 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TheArtist said:
No, I had it way before psychedelics, but Psychedelics made it more frequent I think. Also, if what you're saying is true, which sounds pretty plausible because i've heard of all that before, remember that i'm talking about a specific degree. People see Jesus in toast, and a face on the moon, because those things actually look like faces and that is the significance of it. What i'm talking about it different. This is my tendency to see faces on a regular basis in *ANYTHING*. Things that could be typically entirely irrelevant to the resemblance of a face, yet I will still make something of it. I could make a face of anything, that other people don't see. I have to sit there and explain to them what i'm seeing, corresponding facial piece by corresponding piece, until they go "Oooohhhh, Ok yeah, now I see it" (1 minute later).

I get this too sometimes. People are like "how is that a face?". Then I explain it as you said and they understand. :tongue2:

--------------------

:mushroom2:    That's why I always recommend a psychedelic experience because it makes you realize that all you've learned is in fact just learned and not necessarily the truth. - Bill Hicks    :mushroom2:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order