Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinefoghorn
enthusiast
Its Big. Its Cold.
    #1087462 - 11/26/02 11:23 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

THIS is whats wrong with American mainstream media

How do Americans buy into thinking that such an ignorant statement is debateable? is it the presentation of a live audience? fancy sets? good lighting? Does the mention of words like 'expert opinion' make something relevent and newsworthy?

Bullshit newscasts like these are why many Americans are so uninformed and ignorant of Canada's existence, and is why many Canadians dont like the way Americans wont, or cant (because of shit stories like these), take the time to find us on the map.

"why would we want to know about your shitty country anyway?"

such a statement only proves a person's own close-minded, ignorance. they, are the people that CNN makes these broadcasts for.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: Its Big. Its Cold. [Re: foghorn]
    #1087465 - 11/26/02 11:25 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

That link didn't work... Try This One

I read that and just shook my head...this is it's what it come to? It's not like it's big secret that Bush is a moron...get over it.

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Edited by Rono (11/26/02 11:42 AM)

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #1087730 - 11/26/02 01:13 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

The bloodthirsty nature of some Americans is what leads to this.

Has anyone ever seen the movie Canadian Bacon?

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1087823 - 11/26/02 01:54 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

we've got our eye on you.....we got your hockey teams fair and square so leave us alone :grin:

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Loc: BC Canada
    #1090283 - 11/27/02 05:49 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Is it a threat? As if. Canada is so not a threat, America constantly, rudely requests that it INCREASE the size of it's military.

Maybe Canada's a threat to America's ego. This seems to make more sense.

'Shut up Canada, or I'll kick your ass'

Who here couldn't admit that the US has fucked over a lot of countries in ways that make people furious. The process is quite simple to understand.

fucking pathetic...

--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Its Big. Its Cold. [Re: carbonhoots]
    #1090314 - 11/27/02 06:09 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Take a deep breath, it's going to be ok.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Its Big. Its Cold. [Re: carbonhoots]
    #1092010 - 11/27/02 07:21 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

CanaWHO?

--------------------
This space for rent

OfflineChubbSubb
Zen Lunatic

Loc: Here.
    #1092221 - 11/27/02 08:33 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I am ashamed to say that I am an american.

--------------------
Those who know do not speak.
Those who speak do not know.

OfflineChubbSubb
Zen Lunatic

#1092303 - 11/27/02 08:59 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Please do not confuse our governments motives with the actual citizens of the U.S. Not all of us are idiots; but a lot are.

--------------------

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: Its Big. Its Cold. [Re: ChubbSubb]
    #1092443 - 11/27/02 09:47 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Don't worry Chub...most Canadians don't have anything against Americans personally, like you said...it's your goverment that is fucked up. Don't be ashamed of being an American by any means, because when it comes down to it, you represent the most powerful nation is the history of the world... but like the saying goes; "with great power comes great responsiblity"...and in much of the worlds opinion the U.S. abusing it's power these days.

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

OfflineChubbSubb
Zen Lunatic

Re: Its Big. Its Cold. [Re: Rono]
    #1092476 - 11/27/02 09:57 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

and in much of the worlds opinion the U.S. abusing it's power these days.

That can not be stressed enough!

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Its Big. Its Cold. [Re: Rono]
    #1092820 - 11/27/02 11:57 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

The government of the United States is the people. This is a democracy. We elect them, we have the power to remove them from office at the end of their term.

Do not make any assumption otherwise. To do so just shows you have absolutely no understanding of AMERICAN POLITICS.

I am American, I support freedom. I support the freedom of my GOVERNMENT(the will of the people) to act in it's own best interest. EVERY other country is doing so as well. I show no remorse, or sympathy for those who refuse to take responsibility for their own actions. Many of the ANTI-AMERICAN rhetoric is just that, rhetoric. If you dislike our policies, do not sell us anything, buy anything , or borrow anything from us. NO ONE IS PUTTING A GUN TO YOUR HEAD.

America has the power for a reason. IT EARNED it. Everyone hates a winner, certainly most of the people who preach this ANTI-AMERICAN shit. Every country has done shitty things, this is what happens when you act out of self-interest.

Take a long hard look at the countries with the most power in this world. Look at their actions since they were established, look at their actions now. You tell me which system you would rather live under, or have as your ALLY.

America is a country of immigrants. WE CHOOSE TO COME HERE. WE ARE FREE TO STAY OR LEAVE.

The last people you want to listen to, for the most part, are people who were born in AMERICA. If you want a real understanding of AMERICA, talk to the people who have immigrated here personally, or at least people who still have a memory(family history) of what it was like living in the countries they FLED from.

To blame AMERICA for the CHAOS that exists in other countries is PROJECTION. It is alot easier to blame others, then deal with your own situation.

Take IRAQ. There is no AMERICAN leader of that country. To blame America for the situation they are in is INSANE. We assisted IRAQ in fighting IRAN, who has no AMERICAN citizen running it's country. Saudi Arabia has NO amercian citizen running it's country. WE support who will take our support, we do so IN our own best interest. Don't like it, don't do it. DON't take anything from us, don't sell anything to us, don't buy anything from us.

You can agree or disagree with us all you want. If you are living in a country that is so great and free, then make sure your government doesn't DEAL with us.

DOES ANYONE take responsibility for their own actions? Do you really believe you are powerless? Look what 19 guys can do!!!! They KNOW what they believe in, they know they are responsible for their actions, they DID SOMETHING about what they believed in, versus just talking about it. SCARY, but I have more respect for those murdering assholes, then I do most of you. You of course should not resort to taking action the way they did, in my opinion, but that is just my opinion, and I take responsibility for my actions, and not theirs, or yours.

I did not have the opportunity to elect them as my spokesman, I DID however have the opportunity to ELECT MY GOVERNMENT. I have the power to LOBBY them. I have the power to change things I do not like about my government. That power is limited to the protections of the Constitution, and to the NUMBER of people that agree with my position(Democracy). As much shit as gets talked on this site in this forum, IT MUST BE TOTAL APATHY that effects the majority of you, because your opinions seem to be the majority here.

Don't like the USA Government, then YOU DON"T LIKE THe MAJORITY OF IT"S CITIZENS. Don't kid yourself. I suggest you petition your governments to cut all ties to the USA. Military, economic, agricultural, energy, research, medical, communications, etc...... How can you live with yourselves, how can you sleep at night? Why do you sleep with the enemy?

Anonymous

Re: Its Big. Its Cold. [Re: ]
    #1092840 - 11/28/02 12:02 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Why do you sleep with the enemy? Because it is in your best interest to do so!!!!!! You know it, now take responsibility for it!!!

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

#1093134 - 11/28/02 02:24 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

HAH, you think America has met perfection. That's a really shitty attitude that I hope most Americans don't believe. You should strive for perfection AND be able to take constructive criticisim like a man. But no, you get all defensice and start waving your flag and sing god bless America. You're are on a drug website which according to you is anti-american since every law in your country is democratic and correct.
Traitor, get off your high horse.
Do you want a specific example to start off with to prove my "Insanity" as you put it? America trades oil with a dictatorship which it claims to be against in other instances. Canada isn't perfect either but no one is clamining it is.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

Offlinefoghorn
enthusiast
Re: Its Big. Its Cold. [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #1093199 - 11/28/02 02:57 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

i dont want to ruin the party, but somewhere this post took a turn and now we're talking about something totally different

---

like where the hell did teonan's rant come from? (no offence, it was a fine post)

Edited by foghorn (11/28/02 02:58 AM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1093329 - 11/28/02 06:06 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Nice post but....
In reply to:

This is a democracy.

No it's not. It's a republic.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Edited by luvdemshrooms (11/28/02 06:09 AM)

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #1093343 - 11/28/02 06:24 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Id just like to say listening to your deluded rants does put a smile on my face :grin:

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineChubbSubb
Zen Lunatic

#1093382 - 11/28/02 08:16 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

You make me laugh Teonan.
:grin:

--------------------

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
    #1093390 - 11/28/02 08:49 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

You stand on your soap-box preaching like you are something important, and have some intergral role in the motions of your nation, and it's righteous motions around the world. In fact, the opposite is true: you are a pawn that is plundered to further the plunder of the globe.

No different from the rest of us, really.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Edited by Ped (11/28/02 08:54 AM)

OfflineChubbSubb
Zen Lunatic

Re: Its Big. Its Cold. [Re: Ped]
    #1093479 - 11/28/02 10:19 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Ding Ding Ding! :shocked:

The U.S. is a very opressive society. The people have no say whatever, even if you like to think they do. Oh my gosh! We can vote for puppets. I hate how America is trying to 'Americanize' the world. In America money is god and happiness. Read '1984.'

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order