Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: All this shit is so trivial. [Re: MileHiMycophiles]
    #10975411 - 08/31/09 08:21 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Man, you just raised so many fucking topics in one post. This is why we have specific forums, and why people make threads about a specific topic.

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMileHiMycophiles
Stranger
Re: All this shit is so trivial. [Re: Poid]
    #10975510 - 08/31/09 08:41 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

the thread name is, "all this shit is so trivial"

which is exactly what i've said about every single detail of life.

i was reading the thread, you're a nazi dude. uptight as can be. but does that matter? does anything matter?

it's all so trivial.

all this shit is so trivial.

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10975531 - 08/31/09 08:44 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I guess I see your point. You just explained the trivialities of your life so that people may agree with you that life is trivial.

You know what matters to me? Enjoying life. It's not too trivial for me. :satansmoking:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

OfflineTranquil Toad
A.I. Living Inside the Internet

#10975867 - 08/31/09 09:41 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Ok, so if you understand that life is (lets not say trivial) divorced from inherent meaning, you can use that to your advantage. If all events and aspects of life are fundamentally arbitrary - only energy at play - and any perspective we take on them is equally as arbitrary, you can simply shift yourself to the perspective that feels the best. Philosophical hedonism. You understand that you feeling bad about life is equally as baseless as someone feeling great about it, so just learn to trick yourself into feeling good. Manipulate your own life outlook to your advantage.

Of course easier said than done, but this is a trick LSD taught me, and it serves me well :smirk:.

InvisibleMileHiMycophiles
Stranger
Re: All this shit is so trivial. [Re: Tranquil Toad]
    #10976314 - 08/31/09 10:38 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

true poid. i never said all these things were a problem... and enjoying life is good, i simply am pointing out that everything is kinda pointless if you look at it right. but then, ying to my yang, everything can have meaning, but what is that meaning? is it your meaning for it? or mine? or his?

his meaning (toad) is pretty good btw... everything is just energy at play. we give it meaning.

:mattz:

--------------------

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

Loc: Silly Cunt Valley
    #10977903 - 09/01/09 07:17 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

But then again, this might only be an illusion making the underlying meaning difficult to see. A fleeting order hidden by chaos and apparent shallowness.

--------------------
Man woke up in a world he did not understand and that is why he tries to interpret it - Carl Jung

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: All this shit is so trivial. [Re: solstice]
    #10978331 - 09/01/09 09:42 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Tranquil Toad said:
Ok, so if you understand that life is (lets not say trivial) divorced from inherent meaning, you can use that to your advantage. If all events and aspects of life are fundamentally arbitrary - only energy at play - and any perspective we take on them is equally as arbitrary, you can simply shift yourself to the perspective that feels the best. Philosophical hedonism. You understand that you feeling bad about life is equally as baseless as someone feeling great about it, so just learn to trick yourself into feeling good. Manipulate your own life outlook to your advantage.

Of course easier said than done, but this is a trick LSD taught me, and it serves me well :smirk:.

I don't believe this worth a shit, philosophical hedonism seems to be fundamentally identical to religion. :nonono:

Quote:

solstice said:
But then again, this might only be an illusion making the underlying meaning difficult to see. A fleeting order hidden by chaos and apparent shallowness.

:rofl2:

Oh fuck, you think there may be an inherent objective meaning to life? This should be interesting. :goodmorning:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

#10978466 - 09/01/09 10:14 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Oh fuck, you think there may be an inherent objective meaning to life? This should be interesting.

Yes, I think there may be but you seemed about to go on an enlightening speech to show me what is wrong with that, go ahead! :ooo: I'm all eyes.

--------------------
Man woke up in a world he did not understand and that is why he tries to interpret it - Carl Jung

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10978793 - 09/01/09 11:13 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Nah, I'd rather refute your ideas, it's much more fun for me! :grin:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

#10978818 - 09/01/09 11:18 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:

:shrug: Well alright, do it then. Refute this idea: But then again, this might only be an illusion making the underlying meaning difficult to see. A fleeting order hidden by chaos and apparent shallowness.

--------------------

OfflineTranquil Toad
A.I. Living Inside the Internet

#10978860 - 09/01/09 11:27 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
I don't believe this worth a shit, philosophical hedonism seems to be fundamentally identical to religion. :nonono:

How is that similar to religion? I'm saying you can come up with your own meaning/perspective on life, knowing it will be arbitrary, to maximize pleasure.

Religions have a set meaning or dogma that they believe is not arbitrary at all, but a fundamental truth of the cosmos. This dogma often does not maximize pleasure.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: All this shit is so trivial. [Re: Tranquil Toad]
    #10978881 - 09/01/09 11:31 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

solstice said:
Quote:

Poid said:

:shrug: Well alright, do it then. Refute this idea: But then again, this might only be an illusion making the underlying meaning difficult to see. A fleeting order hidden by chaos and apparent shallowness.

Alright, then once you've got all that fog in your head all cleared up, come back to me here! :grin:

Quote:

Tranquil Toad said:
Quote:

Poid said:

How is that similar to religion? I'm saying you can come up with your own meaning/perspective on life, knowing it will be arbitrary, to maximize pleasure.

Religions have a set meaning or dogma that they believe is not arbitrary at all, but a fundamental truth of the cosmos. This dogma often does not maximize pleasure.

Religions come up with their own meaning/perspective on life.

I don't think truth is arbitrary. :nono:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Edited by Poid (09/01/09 11:44 AM)

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

#10978946 - 09/01/09 11:43 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Alright, then once you've got all that fog in your head all cleared up, come back to me here !

You've got it all wrong my friend. You're the one who wants to refute so... refute! Or maybe you can't! :grin:

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10978965 - 09/01/09 11:46 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

What am I to refute? That you think there may be a meaning to life?

How can I argue against an opinion? :confused:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

#10978985 - 09/01/09 11:48 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:

Hey you said it! Not me and now you're shying away from it. :lol:

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #10978986 - 09/01/09 11:48 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

:lol: But, but, his opinions must be true. Cause it's so self evident to him. :monkeydance:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: All this shit is so trivial. [Re: Icelander]
    #10979154 - 09/01/09 12:12 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

He apparently doesn't understand that his subjective reality only exists for him. Can't imagine why anyone would think that. :justdontknow:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

#10979218 - 09/01/09 12:19 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Well I guess it completely went past you guys that I was merely speaking my mind at the moment because I was inspired by what was being said and doing so without claiming that what I was saying was an ultimate truth.

In any case, I have the impression that a couple of people here are so intent on arguing that they developped some kind of automatic reflex to argue anything that will come their way ( or even actively seek something to argue over ).

This might be the philosophy section but without any intention of progress, a discussion can hardly be considered a philosophical one.

And just to make sure this is not misinterpreted ( since we are, it seems, walking on eggshells 'round here ) this is no more and no less than my opinion.  :blowjob:

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10979307 - 09/01/09 12:34 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

solstice said:
In any case, I have the impression that a couple of people here are so intent on arguing that they developped some kind of automatic reflex to argue anything that will come their way ( or even actively seek something to argue over ).

So what? :confused:

Quote:

solstice said:
This might be the philosophy section but without any intention of progress, a discussion can hardly be considered a philosophical one.

I agree. We cannot make much progress if you are unaware of the "rules" of debate. :thumbup:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

#10979352 - 09/01/09 12:40 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

So what?

Indeed, so what? Well I guess it depends if one minds being a mere automaton or not. To each his own!

Quote:

I agree. We cannot make much progress if you are unaware of the "rules" of debate.

Ah! This is a good one. But you see, for the last hour I've been trying to orient this " debate " toward something a bit more constructive while you strive to keep it somewhat personal, acting like I'm not " good enough " to debate with which makes the situation somewhat ironic since you actually waste time debating about how lousy a " debater " I am.

Go figure! And now I defuse this " debate ".

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder