Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: All this shit is so trivial. [Re: solstice]
    #10972303 - 08/31/09 12:11 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

solstice said:
We're not talking about a shotgun blast! We're talking about revolution and revolution has succeeded before, may I remind you? Unlike surviving a shotgun blast to the face. Your comparison is poor.

We're talking about what you said here:
Quote:

A cause is never vain until you failed at making it happen and how are you going to know if you don't try?

My comparison is indefatigably relevant. :shrug:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

Loc: Silly Cunt Valley
Re: All this shit is so trivial. [Re: Poid]
    #10972340 - 08/31/09 12:19 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

No it's not because we know a shotgun blast to the face will kill anyone and we also know that a cause cannot be considered vain unless it had been failed and therefore tried.

And here I thought you wanted to discuss in a philosophical manner my friend! Alas, this has become an ego driven argument... a shame.

--------------------
Man woke up in a world he did not understand and that is why he tries to interpret it - Carl Jung

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10972436 - 08/31/09 12:42 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

solstice said:
No it's not because we know a shotgun blast to the face will kill anyone...

Exactly my point. :shrug:

One needn't discover something first-hand if one can logically reason the likely outcome(s).

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

#10972513 - 08/31/09 01:01 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
Quote:

solstice said:
No it's not because we know a shotgun blast to the face will kill anyone...

Exactly my point. :shrug:

One needn't discover something first-hand if one can logically reason the likely outcome(s).

Yes, but what you try to avoid is the fact that different occurences have different outcomes and that makes your example a pretty bad one. If all causes were to end up in vain, america would not exist, India would still be under british rule and we would still die from many diseases which we can now cure.

So what's your point again time waster?

--------------------
Man woke up in a world he did not understand and that is why he tries to interpret it - Carl Jung

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10972554 - 08/31/09 01:11 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

:facepalm:

You just don't get it! You said this:
Quote:

A cause is never vain until you failed at making it happen and how are you going to know if you don't try?

You're saying here that a cause is always necessarily successful until said cause literally fails. How can you not see the inherent logical fallacy in this statement? :cuckoo:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

#10972572 - 08/31/09 01:18 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Semantics!

Oh I see where you're going, but you keep using a different sentence every post you make to keep this argument going. Why didn't tell it plainly like you just did from the start?

Let's rephrase it to appease you lil' bunny: A cause should not be considered vain until it is failed, utterly and completely.

Suits you better?

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10972590 - 08/31/09 01:22 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

No, not semantics; we're not arguing definitions here, we're arguing an entire statement and it's meaning.

Quote:

solstice said:
Let's rephrase it to appease you lil' bunny: A cause should not be considered vain until it is failed, utterly and completely.

Suits you better?

:rofl2:, not at all, and you should hopefully understand why soon enough...

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

#10972631 - 08/31/09 01:32 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
No, not semantics; we're not arguing definitions here, we're arguing an entire statement and it's meaning.

Quote:

solstice said:

Suits you better?

:rofl2:, not at all, and you should hopefully understand why soon enough...

:shrug: I don't. Please enlighten me master Poid.

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10972660 - 08/31/09 01:37 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Is your claim objective, or subjective?

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

#10972676 - 08/31/09 01:40 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

In my opinion it is totally objective! :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie

#10972683 - 08/31/09 01:43 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

wtf are you guys arguing about?  :nut:

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

Re: All this shit is so trivial. [Re: DieCommie]
    #10972697 - 08/31/09 01:45 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
wtf are you guys arguing about?  :nut:

I will explain.

I previously launched into a rant about the benefits of maintaining a revolutionary state of mind in the face of adversity which master Poid right here claimed to be vain and compared to a shotgun blast to the face.

:grin:

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10972779 - 08/31/09 02:02 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

solstice said:
In my opinion it is totally objective! :grin:

Then perhaps you'd like to explain why you added the extremely loaded subjective term 'should' to your objective claim? :waits:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

#10972791 - 08/31/09 02:05 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Because I felt like it was the right word to use at the time! :shrug: And english is not my first language so I think I'm doing a pretty good job at it too!

It did change the essence of my claim and I think it is perfect that way and I'm sure you get what I mean too.

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10972807 - 08/31/09 02:08 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

If you're not specific in your wordage, the only thing to guide me is my imagination; in order for me to know exactly WTF you're talking about, you need to tell me exactly WTF you're talking about.

I need absolutely nothing more, and cannot do with any less. :shrug:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

#10972826 - 08/31/09 02:11 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Well I stand by this latest version of my claim and challenge anyone to prove to me that is like firing a shotgun at someone's face.

" A cause should not be considered vain until it has failed, utterly and completely."

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10972833 - 08/31/09 02:13 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Still using "should", huh?

This may take a while...:goodmorning:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

InvisibleMileHiMycophiles
Stranger
    #10975176 - 08/31/09 07:43 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

okay so, i want to post a new thread, but this one kinda covers my point... and not to interrupt you two, but...

i really feel there's no point to it all. i have since i was 11. been to so many head doc's. been on so much medication, now i'm an all organic health nut, and yet i still feel the same...

even what you are argueing about is pointless. there's no point to life at all. matter is condensed energy, which dissapates when you die. the earth doesn't need us, we're just another failing evolution that will disappear like 90% of all creations that ever have. nobodies ever come back from death, no one can prove God, reincarnation, or anything else. there's no point to it all. at all. you say the point is to be happy? what's happy? what's up? what's down? what's god? what's atheism? it's all fake! life is one big dream! people give me all these cliched answers, "just be happy, look at the bright side! can't let life get you down!"

but it's crap. i'm a full grown adult living perfectly healthy with kids of my own, and i was this depressed about the fultility of existence before i hit puberty.

governments are out to get us. they lie and want money. doctors, lawyers, shrinks, they're all aout to take your money, and could give two shits about your well being.

most entheogens are illegal. the governments of the world have declared war on nature itself, yet we let them be in charge.
but then, what's wrong with that? what's right with that? what is ANYTHING?

it's all a dream. an illusion. it can be good if you see it that way... but it could just as easily be bad, and there's not one thing that's going to change in the universe if you see it one way or the other! nothing! feeling "good" or "love" or anything else that exists for you to feel, is nothing but a chemical response in your brain that is influenced by the way you where raised...

and whos to say those feelings are anything? why are we born? why do we die? every religion has an answer, but they are selling you an invisible product. they all disagree, and more death and bloodshed has come from religions than anything else in our history.

being american is a joke. they murdered to take the land, and now they murder the world when they want something "oil".

i live here. i was born here. i AM NOT PROUD TO BE A USELESS LOUD MOUTHED OBNOXIOUS AMERICAN. i've been to canada, uk, africa, europe, south america, and we really are the worst fucking people on this planet. but hey! there's bad people everywhere! and you can try to make the world a better place, but then you'll die. and what good did you do? nothing you can prove. what if you spend your life teaching your son/daughter, and they die before you? what's the point of it all.

WHAT'S THE POINT OF IT ALL???????

science can prove to me what i say is true as far as everything being condensed energy, and it can prove where just another random evolutionary path, but nobody can prove a purpose or a God. sure, i love my family. so? it's just a chemical reaction. sure karma makes sense... but no more than islam or christianity.

so much war. so much hate. so much futility.

everythings been done before. EVERYTHING. every storyline, every movie plot... watching a movie is like a bad trip for me... i know what's gonna happen cause it's the same as before and i just can't wait for it to be done.
everything boreing. pointless. oh boy, let's go ride bikes.... so we can be done? t=and then what? eat yet again? breath more? for what? to stop eating one day? to stop breathing without warning?

we get no instructions, and the opportunists take advantage of that in life. we get no real rules of wrong and right except from our parents, and those rules are BOUND to conflict with some one elses.

and it everything is one love and all that BS, then why is man so far up the ladder kicking the rest of creation in the face as it tries to climb?

is this Ego loss? i have no faith in anything. at all. nothing is real and it's sure as hell ain't strawberry fields. i would kill myself but i've come to the conclusion that wouldn't make a difference. i would just keep living on in my mind swimming in DMT for 15 minutes after death, which could be a whole life.... which could be this life! i could be dead right now! tripping in my brain! or it could be nothing. i could be GOD and this could all be just an imagining, and you could all be fake!??!?!?!? i don't know! i never have! i've always felt like i was just going thru the motions in life, bored but just waiting for it to be over.

sometimes i can get high on drugs or food or life and feel alright, but in the back of my mind, i'm looking at the clock, waiting for the high to wear off so i can go back to waiting for death. no that death is all i think about... just most of the time. heaven? hell? reincarnate? wake up? what happens? i don't KNOW.

who am i? why am i?

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: All this shit is so trivial. [Re: MileHiMycophiles]
    #10975208 - 08/31/09 07:47 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

:niggawhat:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

InvisibleMileHiMycophiles
Stranger
    #10975295 - 08/31/09 08:05 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

so your eagle says, "niggawhat" when i hover over it...

but everything i asked is legitimate. i'm not suicidle, i'm not a sad person... i really question every fact of everything that is.

how do we know anything ever?

and BTW, nationalism is no better than religious hate or racism... it's just another thing to divide us all... not that that matters.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order