Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: All this shit is so trivial. [Re: lobotomix]
    #10948386 - 08/27/09 01:23 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Almost everything most people think and do these days:
is destructive, selfish and ugly.

These days? It's always been like this only with less people.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: All this shit is so trivial. [Re: CJCollin37]
    #10948415 - 08/27/09 01:27 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

CJCollin37 said:
And sure Poid (Pold? not sure which), "money is a resource; the people with the most resources have always ruled things." And thats why the people with the most resources have always been assholes, probably mostly responsible for why the world went to shit thru generations of civilization, society, and culture.

Whose fault was the Holocaust?

Quote:

solstice said:
Am I going to sacrifice my life on the altar of compromise or do anything I can to make the changes I believe in happen?

Are you going to sacrifice your life for a vain cause?

Quote:

lobotomix said:
Only 2 possibilities: try to make things better or don't.
I believe we all ought to try to make things better because
i think we should treat the world and other people,
how we would like to be treated ourselves.

There are several possibilities, WTF? :lol:

You could focus on yourself instead of paying any heed to the needs of others if doing so causes you pain.

I think everyone "should" be treated with a pound of steamed broccoli at precisely 5:10:41 AM everyday, because this is how I like to be treated! :whatever:

Quote:

CJCollin37 said:
And about that community in Barcelona, I like hearing about these things, but what are those people doing with their lives? Unfortunately, I have been exposed to 21st century America and have some ambitions, and a desire for certain materials.

It's all your fault. :shrug:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

Loc: Silly Cunt Valley
Re: All this shit is so trivial. [Re: Poid]
    #10948458 - 08/27/09 01:34 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Are you going to sacrifice your life for a vain cause?

A cause is never vain until you failed at making it happen and how are you going to know if you don't try?

You're just in " wise ass " mode is all.:grin:

--------------------
Man woke up in a world he did not understand and that is why he tries to interpret it - Carl Jung

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: All this shit is so trivial. [Re: solstice]
    #10948627 - 08/27/09 02:04 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

solstice said:
A cause is never vain until you failed at making it happen and how are you going to know if you don't try?

Never? :what:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

#10948683 - 08/27/09 02:16 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Well, if you're asking me, no, never. As long as you believe it's the right thing to do and that failure did not stop you from reaching your goal yet, a cause is never vain.

It's just trendier to act cynical these days isn't? ... well!

--------------------
Man woke up in a world he did not understand and that is why he tries to interpret it - Carl Jung

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10948707 - 08/27/09 02:22 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

What if your cause is to grow wings and fly like a bird? :leaving:

It's just trendier to make illogical statements these days, isn't it?

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

#10948756 - 08/27/09 02:32 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
What if your cause is to grow wings and fly like a bird? :leaving:

It's just trendier to make illogical statements these days, isn't it?

You just proved it my friend! Speaking of causes, you should definitely seek yours instead of arguing in vain with me. :grin:

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10948773 - 08/27/09 02:35 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

:facepalm:

Do you even know what forum you're in? :what:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

#10948791 - 08/27/09 02:40 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

The Shroomery? :crazy2:

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10948817 - 08/27/09 02:45 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

If you don't want to debate, then I have no real reason to reply to you here. :shrug:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

#10948828 - 08/27/09 02:47 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I have no real reason to reply to you here.

:thumbup:

Just fooling around a bit mate. Don't be so earnest. :grin:

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10948854 - 08/27/09 02:50 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Alright, now that that's over, then I suppose you'd like to explain why you believe everything is possible for everyone, right?

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

#10948891 - 08/27/09 02:57 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Well, alright if you insist. I can spare a couple of minutes :wink:

That's not exactly what I said though. What I said was that a cause is never vain as long as it hasn't been proved to be otherwise. And how do you prove that a cause is vain if not by exprience?

From that, how can you tell me that the cause I was troubadouring about was vain if you never embraced it yourself being the cynical little animal that you are? :grin:

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10948938 - 08/27/09 03:03 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

solstice said:
And how do you prove that a cause is vain if not by exprience?

I've never experienced a shotgun blast to the face, but it would still be pretty vain of me if I hope to survive one. :shrug:

Quote:

solstice said:
From that, how can you tell me that the cause I was troubadouring about was vain if you never embraced it yourself being the cynical little animal that you are?

For one, your cause is extremely vague and ambiguous, so I'm not even yet going to bother thinking about it further. Also, people don't just change so easily, and I know this from experience.

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

#10948978 - 08/27/09 03:10 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

We're not talking about a shotgun blast! We're talking about revolution and revolution has succeeded before, may I remind you? Unlike surviving a shotgun blast to the face. Your comparison is poor.

And I do not wish to change people ( only myself ), although if it does happen in the process, that would be even better. You see? At first CJ was all " it's not worth this, it's not worth that " but after two posts of my inspirational magic he was headbanging hard to the revolution song!

So I'm not fooling myself, thank you for caring, but one thing is for sure: revolution can only flourish by inspiring people with hope not with cynicism.

--------------------

OfflineCJCollin37
Gentleman & Scholar

#10951050 - 08/27/09 08:39 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Woah Solstice, I'd love to back you up but just wanna make it clear, you didn't change my life or anything. Just offered me a bit of your knowledge and ideology, and yes, as a result I was inspired :grin:

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

:rockon:

Offlineonelight
¿?¿?¿?¿?¿

#10951087 - 08/27/09 08:46 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Isn't it the attitude that shit is trivial that's made shit so trivial? :crazy:

--------------------
"Matter is spirit named."  Alan W. Watts

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: All this shit is so trivial. [Re: Rocker232]
    #10953427 - 08/28/09 04:23 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

is this a social experiment conspirisist thread or an i can't fathom humans thread?

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

Re: All this shit is so trivial. [Re: CJCollin37]
    #10953576 - 08/28/09 05:57 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

CJCollin37 said:
Woah Solstice, I'd love to back you up but just wanna make it clear, you didn't change my life or anything. Just offered me a bit of your knowledge and ideology, and yes, as a result I was inspired :grin:

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

:rockon:

:lolsy: I never thought I had changed your life my friend! What I meant is that obviously, people are going to be inspired by words of hope rather than words of defeat. And that these days, we hear too much about defeat and not enough about success...

--------------------

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

Re: All this shit is so trivial. [Re: akira_akuma]
    #10953577 - 08/28/09 05:58 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

akira_akuma said:
is this a social experiment conspirisist thread or an i can't fathom humans thread?

I could tell you but... wouldn't it be better to let you make up your own mind? :grin:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds