Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
All this shit is so trivial.
    #10925902 - 08/24/09 11:10 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Ever since i was introduced to LSD i have had these what ever you call em "realizations" "epiphanies"

I will close my eyes lay back on some soft grass and i would just laugh at my culture (american) as i think about under the influence of LSD.  I would laugh at how fucking stupid my culture is.  Everything is about making money, impressing people, attention to the visible surface of things.  And it all seems so trivial and stupid.  Like i was in shock i never realized it before.  Its fucking dumb!  Life should be more emotional, and be fixated on your relationship with other humans, other animals, other plants.  It should revolve around sustainability and creating an equilibrium between my pleasures and my duties to preserving life.

People that don't have these psychedelic experiences feel that the current american culture is the way life should be lived.  Now i think about this now, i haven't had a psychedelic in about 4 months.  Was this psychedelic epiphany just a hallucination from being under the influence of a psycho-active drug (oh lets love everybody work together, preserve life!).  Or did i see the truth of my culture and my true desires?  Am i the crazy one for trying to preserve my ideas about life from psychedelics?  Or am i the minority of sanity?

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: All this shit is so trivial. [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #10925954 - 08/24/09 11:18 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Life should be more...

Really? Your LSD epiphanies failed to show you the very basics. Life has no need to conform to your wishes. To expect it to do so is quite immature. Your 'shoulds' only create unnecessary internal friction; nothing more.

--------------------

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: All this shit is so trivial. [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #10925997 - 08/24/09 11:22 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Worrying about balancing myself and my family and local humans, plants, resources.  Polluting the air, water and food so i can have a plastic doll made in india and assembled in china so i can make 19 more cents per doll is an unnecessary internal friction?  I see the first sentance as a necessary adjunct to the preservation of my genes.  As if i keep polluting the air, water and food sources my future offspring will find it difficult to stay alive.  And my genes will then have a difficult time preserving them selves as a biological organism.

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#10926055 - 08/24/09 11:28 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Hmm, you must be posting in a parallel universe as you either did not read, nor chose not to respond, to anything that I wrote; instead continuing your rant as if no one else was participating.

--------------------

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10926095 - 08/24/09 11:34 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

You say life has no need to conform to your wishes.  I realize this.  But my ego does have a need to conform my wishes.  And i have an ego...

--------------------

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
    #10926299 - 08/24/09 12:03 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Why do we care about your ego? Your OP was about life.

--------------------

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: All this shit is so trivial. [Re: learningtofly]
    #10926350 - 08/24/09 12:14 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Because my ego impacts the way i live my life.  Sorry im not buddist and i can supress my ego.  I just got ripped on for not agreeing with OC.  Because according to him preserving my genes is an "unnecessary internal friction."  However i feel its a duty.  My whole thesis is that the values american culture preserves.  Money, being worth x amount of dollars,physical appearance... all that is "unnecessary internal friction"  I guess OC idea is to have no no wishes at all, because conforming to any desire is immature.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
    #10926365 - 08/24/09 12:17 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:
I guess OC idea is to have no no wishes at all, because conforming to any desire is immature.

It's fine for you to conform to your own desires, but when you say things should be this or that way, that includes others as well. It's immature to think that things should conform to your desires, when it's self-evident that not everybody desires the same thing.

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: All this shit is so trivial. [Re: Poid]
    #10926387 - 08/24/09 12:20 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I understand this (to an extent)  I just don't know anybody that would like to see their children live in a world in which everything is contaminated and near inhabitable environment when they don't have to.  I don't think anyone should have values forced on them, but to support a system of culture that is fundamentally flawed (american) is what a stupid person would do.

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10926429 - 08/24/09 12:26 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:
I don't think anyone should have values forced on them, but to support a system of culture that is fundamentally flawed (american) is what a stupid person would do.

Your subjective point of view sees it as fundamentally flawed; obviously, like you said earlier, most people in this culture do not have much of a problem with it. :shrug:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

InvisibleDieCommie

#10926452 - 08/24/09 12:30 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

...most people in this culture do not have much of a problem with it.

I think its great for the most part.  The funny thing is, my epiphanies were quite the opposite as yours.  Before tripping I would laugh and the culture and how stupid it is.  But after tripping I gained perspective and realized/focused on the good parts of it.  You choose what to focus on during a trip and that becomes your epiphany.

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#10926522 - 08/24/09 12:40 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I just got ripped on for not agreeing with OC.  Because according to him preserving my genes is an "unnecessary internal friction

You got 'ripped on' because of your horrendous reading comprehension skills as I said nothing remotely like this except in your imagination.

--------------------

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: All this shit is so trivial. [Re: Poid]
    #10926553 - 08/24/09 12:43 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Thats the whole point of the thread.  I don't know whether im crazy for not supporting the american vested interests.  Because to me it seems like the americans that do support its vested interests, are learned to think that way.  And any other ideology for the way culture and society operates is fundamentally wrong.  There is this notion in american society that "everything is the way it is, and has always been that way."  And when this idea is questioned, people react very emotionally.  The old "my mind is made up, don't confuse me with fact"

--------------------

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10926592 - 08/24/09 12:48 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Quote:

I just got ripped on for not agreeing with OC.  Because according to him preserving my genes is an "unnecessary internal friction

You got 'ripped on' because of your horrendous reading comprehension skills as I said nothing remotely like this except in your imagination.

:lol:  No you ripped on me for not agreeing with you.  I comprehended what you said, i simply disagree with you .  The shoulds do create unnecessary conflict, but not 100% of the time.  Only to a certain extent. My idea of backing away from american values is the few times humanity should do something.

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie

#10926605 - 08/24/09 12:50 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

And any other ideology for the way culture and society operates is fundamentally wrong.

Where do you get this impression?  Multi-culturalism, change and evolving values are the norm and have been the norm for our country's entire history. 

Quote:

There is this notion in american society that "everything is the way it is, and has always been that way."

There is not that notion at all.  You are projecting this to conform with your assumptions and justify your angst.

Offlineandrewss
precariously aggrandized

Loc: ohio
    #10926616 - 08/24/09 12:53 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Don't be so hard on american culture, its pretty much better generalized into western culture... all of which are facets of humanity. You are human, everyone else in your despised american culture is human, its a good thing not everyone is dosing lsd and learning to sit in a field all day or shit would not and would have not gotten done, period. We should be thankful we live in a society where we have the ability to enjoy such a leisure, not to mention with a decent degree of safety.

Sure there are changes that might need to be made, but time will unravel and shit will probably get done, but for now we are consuming like a bunch of proud bastards and theres nothing you can do about it except change yourself. And surely lsd induced epiphanies only get a very small way towards any end goals.

In my opinion the best option for a life with such a disposition would be to withdraw into more secluded areas or maybe certain european countries have some advantages, or just learn to live with your situation and realize people are mostly dumb sheep just tryin to get by and they exist all over... and so are WE just because we can identify that doesnt mean all that much, the plight still exists.

Get of the train asap or realize the futilitiy of these silly rants.

I can sympathize with some of the notion tried to be conveyed but in a more philosophical sense and one that overlooks the cultural aspects really. Psychedelics, and I can remember my first lsd experience, I was the only one tripping and in a fuckin sports bar late at night (horrible setting all night, bad party, etc etc...) but I saw some people sitting and shit and realized we are just a bunch of talking monkeys with glittery shit, period. Everything is so organic but it is so well covered by society. Psychedelics made me realize how massively neurotic everyone is, me included, now I am sort of bothered by this little perspective I think I have gotten and expounded on it, we need to find a sense of humor in the face of such absurdity and silly seriousness of many humans.

--------------------
Jesus loves you.

Edited by andrewss (08/24/09 12:58 PM)

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: All this shit is so trivial. [Re: DieCommie]
    #10926621 - 08/24/09 12:53 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

You don't see "Everything is the way it is and had always been that way" in society?  Damn... i don't know where you live, but its like that in my society.  Money rules everything, and those with the most money rule everything.  Do you not see this?

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie

#10926656 - 08/24/09 12:57 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I do not.  Again, I think you are projecting this to justify your preconceived notions and substantiate your angst.  Read a little history and you'll see change is the norm.

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#10926668 - 08/24/09 12:59 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I comprehended what you said, i simply disagree with you.

Not even close, oh uncognitive one. I never wrote a word about your genes, yet you mention me saying something about them twice - even after being corrected.

This does not seem to be very aware to me.

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10926702 - 08/24/09 01:06 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:
Money rules everything, and those with the most money rule everything.  Do you not see this?

Money is a resource; the people with the most resources have always ruled things. :shrug:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale