Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHopanDubMan
Jelly bomb ass shit....
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: feeling his presence [Re: TheArtist]
    #10938762 - 08/26/09 12:07 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TheArtist said:
Since when is it justified to personify the effects of Psilocybin on your brain as "God"? Does that mean when one is drunk and commiting indulgent sins such as promiscuous sex, they are feeling the influence of Satan through alcohal?

Sorry, maybe others will understand why your post totally pissed me off..

When I am on dose it feels like God is inside of my body....

--------------------

WakaWaka

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShrazoom
Stranger
Re: feeling his presence [Re: HopanDubMan]
    #10938770 - 08/26/09 12:10 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

that's fair. i believe he is in one way. GOD MUST BE IN US if we are to have the power to exist. a mere heart beat and breathe cannot sustain us.

--------------------

OfflineShrazoom
Stranger
Re: feeling his presence [Re: NlightNd1]
    #10938786 - 08/26/09 12:13 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

NlightNd1 said:
Quote:

cam4eva said:
Have any of u ever felt His prescense before? If so describe the experience and whether it was on lsd or mushrooms. Ive done lsd but I have yet to feel His presence on that.

I do every time I take a psychedelic. That's basically the only reason I trip. I think mushrooms are better than LSD for this purpose. Some people who believe in God and who take psychedelics are completely clueless to the psychedelic and God correlation. I think if you believe that God is the Universe then it becomes a little more obvious. It's not really that far-fetched to assume that God is the Universe if you take a closer look at the true nature of the Universe. Everything is made of one thing, energy, and energy cannot be created nor destroyed thus being eternal.

id say that totally true. Creation is a perfect expression of God. But let's face it, people hurting people is not the expression of God's life. We are alienated from the life of God until we find God, and then we will love, and all things become new.

--------------------

OfflineTheArtist
Truth Seeker

Re: feeling his presence [Re: monkeybus]
    #10938855 - 08/26/09 12:24 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

monkeybus said:
It's spelled alcohol

Oh, and you forgot to put a space between "do" and "anything" in your sig. Smartass.

Offlinecerebralanomaly
Stranger
    #10938888 - 08/26/09 12:29 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Having these feelings on psychedelics made me more confident in seeing deeply religious people who have these sorts of feelings without drugs to be slightly delusional

Edited by cerebralanomaly (08/26/09 12:30 AM)

OfflineTheArtist
Truth Seeker

Re: feeling his presence [Re: cerebralanomaly]
    #10938909 - 08/26/09 12:32 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

cerebralanomaly said:
Having these feelings on psychedelics made me more confident in seeing deeply religious people who have these sorts of feelings without drugs to be slightly delusional

Amen. That's the same argument I used against a ranting bible preacher when he spoke of knowing God exist, because he could feel it, and just "knew it". I said "Eat two grams of mushrooms and see how close you feel to God then"

OfflineShrazoom
Stranger
    #10938940 - 08/26/09 12:37 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

what defines existence? it could be real, a dream, or God himself. who knows what reality is?

God is the only trustworthy being to declare the truth of the nature of reality. Our part, then, is to listen to what God says.

--------------------

InvisibleBiG_StroOnZ
Male User Gallery

Re: feeling his presence [Re: Shrazoom]
    #10939817 - 08/26/09 04:53 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I pray to The Easter Bunny every night and then in the morning I pray to the Tooth Fairy... that way the Easter Bunny will leave me chocolate and the Tooth Fairy will leave me change so I can buy dutches. Then I roll blunts and smoke them. After I get high and get the munchies, I eat the chocolate. Prayers work every time all the time, thank you Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy!   

Offlinememory_nirvana
nomad
Male User Gallery

Loc: oklahoma
Re: feeling his presence [Re: Shrazoom]
    #10939871 - 08/26/09 05:37 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Since when is it justified to personify the effects of Psilocybin on your brain as "God"? Does that mean when one is drunk and committing indulgent sins such as promiscuous sex, they are feeling the influence of Satan through alcohol?

Sorry, maybe others will understand why your post totally pissed me off..

first of all according to any doctrine that preaches of "indulgent sin"
shrooms or the use of any substance is a sin so if you have those beliefs your sinning just by being here so justify yourself with your own god before criticizing someone that is on the right path to find god. I think you need to watch the Parmacratic Inquisition. second it is said by just about every religious (i use that word very lightly) figure head that in order to find "god" we mus find our self and if one is not truly self aware than we would not be truly aware of "god" simply because this is something that our normal human mind CAN NOT comprehend but in an enlightened state we have the ability to understand in that instant.

--------------------
NOT ALL WHO WANDER ARE LOST

Offlinelsatrap
Mush maker
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E USA
Re: feeling his presence [Re: memory_nirvana]
    #10939876 - 08/26/09 05:40 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I feel his presence each time I eat shrooms. I never feel it on lsd.

--------------------
At this moment you should be with us, feeling like we do.

Offlinelobotomix
Stranger

Re: feeling his presence [Re: lsatrap]
    #10939906 - 08/26/09 05:56 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

lsatrap said:

i feel it on lsd, ayahuasca and shrooms... weed a little bit as well but not as strong as the stronger psychedelics...

but how is everyone so sure that "god" they experience is not just
the result of a certain combination in our mind/brain??

i love the "god experience",
but i certainly don't wanna dismiss the skeptics arguement that it perhaps is all just "in our brain"....

i don't know if there is truely a spiritual side to "god" or not,
i wish i did know :crazy:

Offlinelsatrap
Mush maker
Male User Gallery

Re: feeling his presence [Re: lobotomix]
    #10939915 - 08/26/09 06:00 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

lobotomix said:
Quote:

lsatrap said:

i feel it on lsd, ayahuasca and shrooms... weed a little bit as well but not as strong as the stronger psychedelics...

but how is everyone so sure that "god" they experience is not just
the result of a certain combination in our mind/brain??

i love the "god experience",
but i certainly don't wanna dismiss the skeptics arguement that it perhaps is all just "in our brain"....

i don't know if there is truely a spiritual side to "god" or not,
i wish i did know :crazy:

I in no way would say that when you eat shrooms that he just jumps out of the sky and says ok here I am. I think with some of us his presence is always there. We just notice it more after the ingestion of shrooms.  IDK,who does??

--------------------

Offlinelobotomix
Stranger

#10939926 - 08/26/09 06:05 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

lsatrap said:
I in no way would say that when you eat shrooms that he just jumps out of the sky and says ok here I am. I think with some of us his presence is always there. We just notice it more after the ingestion of shrooms.  IDK,who does??

depends what ur focused on when sober.
do u notice gods presence or are u too caught up in fear/desire/pleasure/obsessions.

the same applies to be under influence of psychedelics.
thats why some people don't feel god even on psychedelics.

but feeling it sober does not make it any more real than feeling it under influence,
because sober our brains are chemical soup as well.

i'm not sure but i think certain buddhists would say its all just in the brain...
while religious people would say its god.

if both experience the same love, strength and courage...
then who's right about the exact nature of "god" and what proves this?

i used to think i know,
but now i know i don't know...

even if it would be chemical reaction in brain then it could be because of
a spiritual driving force have made it possible for this chemical reaction to take place.

Edited by lobotomix (08/26/09 06:13 AM)

InvisibleBiG_StroOnZ
Male User Gallery

Re: feeling his presence [Re: lobotomix]
    #10939963 - 08/26/09 06:36 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

You need not to believe in a god, but that you are God...

OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

Re: feeling his presence [Re: BiG_StroOnZ]
    #10940485 - 08/26/09 09:42 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Acid makes me wanna be an atheist :lol:

--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: feeling his presence [Re: Almond Flour]
    #10942543 - 08/26/09 03:42 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Since we are on the topic of God... and more specifically, a male personal God, mostly derived from the bible.

Why.... WHY.... Is it so offensive to certain people.... and yet, a person who holds as true pagan, wicca, fairies, mushroom spirits, buddhism, hinduism, yoga, veganism, voodoo, even freaking UFOs is so easily tolerated?

I mean, some goomba can talk about navigating the alternate dimensions of DMT and making contact with alien forces this week, and next week, about how they were spoken to by the Great Mushroom spirit........ and hardly a murmur of disent, SURELY in order to "respect other peoples beliefs"

But someone says God..... in a EVEN a remotely christian sense and the freaks come out of the wood work so they can declare their disgust with the notion.

Am I the only one who sees this as slightly hypocritical?

Not really an accusation...... just a question for the open minded atheists, or possibly even a believer who has been down that road and can understand the sort of mentality it takes to be THAT fickle minded.

I dunno.... I am just always in shock at how GOOD a christian some atheists would be.... close minded. Intolerant. more dedicated to their own personal beliefs than finding out ANY sort of truth..... could it be possible that the dogmatic of either "faith" are really just afraid to die? and this is where they find their safety?

( ignore this post.... just thinking out loud. )

OfflineSubconscious
Stranger
Male

Re: feeling his presence [Re: Shad0w]
    #10942631 - 08/26/09 03:53 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Shad0w said:
But someone says God..... in a EVEN a remotely christian sense and the freaks come out of the wood work so they can declare their disgust with the notion.

I think it has something to do with Christian beliefs being shoved down peoples throats throughout society for thousands of years. I generally have a laid back "to each their own" outlook on things, but the fact that christianity is forced unwillingly on so many people even in today's society kind of pisses me off.

Offlinelsatrap
Mush maker
Male User Gallery

Re: feeling his presence [Re: Shad0w]
    #10943186 - 08/26/09 05:07 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Shad0w said:
Since we are on the topic of God... and more specifically, a male personal God, mostly derived from the bible.

Why.... WHY.... Is it so offensive to certain people.... and yet, a person who holds as true pagan, wicca, fairies, mushroom spirits, buddhism, hinduism, yoga, veganism, voodoo, even freaking UFOs is so easily tolerated?

I mean, some goomba can talk about navigating the alternate dimensions of DMT and making contact with alien forces this week, and next week, about how they were spoken to by the Great Mushroom spirit........ and hardly a murmur of disent, SURELY in order to "respect other peoples beliefs"

Not really an accusation...... just a question for the open minded atheists, or possibly even a believer who has been down that road and can understand the sort of mentality it takes to be THAT fickle minded.

I dunno.... I am just always in shock at how GOOD a christian some atheists would be.... close minded. Intolerant. more dedicated to their own personal beliefs than finding out ANY sort of truth..... could it be possible that the dogmatic of either "faith" are really just afraid to die? and this is where they find their safety?

I believe it piss some people of because the truth hurts and nonbelievers are against Christ. It's been that way since He was born. Christians are basically crucified too.
Just the name Jesus Christ really hurts some people. It is truly a powerful name....I'm sure I'll hear it for this...

--------------------

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

Loc: Silly Cunt Valley
    #10943358 - 08/26/09 05:38 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

lsatrap said:
Quote:

Shad0w said:

I believe it piss some people of because the truth hurts and nonbelievers are against Christ. It's been that way since He was born. Christians are basically crucified too.
Just the name Jesus Christ really hurts some people. It is truly a powerful name....I'm sure I'll hear it for this...

:lolsy: You sure will!

Christ's name really hurts some people... indeed! How can it be otherwise when you have to accept it now or we'll burn you at the stake?

Of course that was long ago and since then, christianity has made amends right? We should trust this ideologiy now! It has been to rehab and back and is better than it once was!

:grin:

Quote:

Tell me if this is not the case but I cannot help feeling targeted by this.

As someone said previously in answer to that: " I think it has something to do with Christian beliefs being shoved down peoples throats throughout society for thousands of years. I generally have a laid back "to each their own" outlook on things, but the fact that christianity is forced unwillingly on so many people even in today's society kind of pisses me off. "

I think's it's crudely put, but in a nice way. Like McKenna used to say: " Christianity has to be this world's worst reactionary force ". And I believe he was right in a way. The Jews force their big boots on other's territory and control a good part of the market and the muslims are direct descendants of the christians on the way to become this world's leading cult; there's even a theory which says that Muhammad might have been so impressed by the monks he met during his life has a merchant that he used christianity's basic principles to build his own religion.

All in all, since thousands of years, Abraham and his ideological offspring has been nothing but a pain in humankind's ass. That's what I think and I don't see why turning to myths pre-dating christianity can be seen as paradoxical since all Abrahamic cults had their roots in some form of paganism or another. Seeing unexplained phenomena as angels or the holy ghost's intervention is just another way to explain what one cannot explain but there are other ways which might be more valid since they are not based on someone else's take on it.

In other words, direct experience and self explaining are worth more than what any guide book might say on any subject. As for the idea of God... personally I don't have a problem with it except when it becomes a reason to establish egocentric values creating natural imbalance and fanatical behavior as well as completely occulting the Goddess principle without which the God principle cannot be anything but a sterile religious icon without any worth nor power.

Then again, if your comments weren't directed at me, it's all good! :grin:

--------------------
Man woke up in a world he did not understand and that is why he tries to interpret it - Carl Jung

Edited by solstice (08/26/09 05:41 PM)

OfflineAmericanPsycho
Abomination of Nature
Male User Gallery

Loc: Normandy SR2 Flag
Re: feeling his presence [Re: cam4eva]
    #10943415 - 08/26/09 05:47 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

cam4eva said:
I ended up thinking about God and how much I love him

:ilold:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate