Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: Just one of my many disagreements with Christianity/religion in general [Re: chemicalequation]
    #10917147 - 08/23/09 12:50 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

That is an interesting idea I haven't thought of before. Maybe at one point in time 'God' literally translated to 'I don't know' but it's meaning has been largely obfuscated. Obviously it would be in a different language, and well before written text. Possibly something we might not even label as a 'language' per se.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: Just one of my many disagreements with Christianity/religion in general [Re: krypto2000]
    #10917151 - 08/23/09 12:51 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Offlinepjoe08
Techno Junkie
Female User Gallery

Loc: a
Re: Just one of my many disagreements with Christianity/religion in general [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #10917152 - 08/23/09 12:52 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

tyrannicalrex said:
That siggy is so freakin' good!:thumbup::thumbup:

allow me a moment as I comment on your cock bong picture! wtf? Hahahahaha :P

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: Just one of my many disagreements with Christianity/religion in general [Re: pjoe08]
    #10917163 - 08/23/09 12:55 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Take a BIG hit,now HOLD it!:wink:

--------------------

Offlinepacket_loss
Real Retard
Male

Re: Just one of my many disagreements with Christianity/religion in general [Re: upinthetrees]
    #10918190 - 08/23/09 06:19 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

upinthetrees said:
I just have to talk about this--I was reading a pamphlet from the church I occasionaly go to. Well I haven't gone in about 6 months but I had this pamphlet laying around.
Anyway, It was talking about how humans have always tried to fulill the gap to the secrets of eternal life and happiness and yada yada yada. There was an illustration that showed a man on one side of a cliff, with a valley separating him from the other end. Branching out from the cliff were four things, 'philosophy, religion, good deeds, meditation'.
This damn picture was implying that all of these things were man's attempt at finding eternal peace, but in the end they all failed because 'god' is the only thing that can bring you to having eternal peace.
Upon seeing this, I couldn't help but say :wtf: and then :facepalm: for this illustration being so ludicrous. It's implying that religion can't get you to where you want to go, but GOD can. How is god different that religion? this is coming from a christian church. Is christianity not a religion? WHAT)_THE)_FUCK

(i posted this in a thread first but figured it'd get more views here)

I won't try to explain a drawing I've never seen but I can comment on what I've just read. Religion is not the same as God. Religion is about ritual, religion is for people, not God. Technically christianity could be called a religion but that is not what Jesus had in mind, in fact modern christianity is a fairly new thing. 'Church' is a tool of control, a place to go to make yourself feel better and a place where your peers can shame you into acting the way they think you should. I was raised southern baptist and it took me many years of seeking God to shake myself free of the chains of religious bondage. Christianity, imo, is about anti-religion when you really look at the life of Jesus. More and more people are starting to adopt this point of view and I think it's great. I'm sure as misguided as the artist that drew that pic may or may not be he/she was well meaning in drawing it. A week or two ago during a rather strong mushroom trip I realized that if we are God's children we can not be separated from him anymore than our own children can be separated from us, they carry our dna, no? The whole point of the life of Jesus was to give us the good news that we are NOT separate from God.

In a nutshell, religion is man's attempt to appease God by his own hand.

--------------------
Prohibition goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation and makes crimes out of things that are not crimes.

-Abraham Lincoln

Invisibleshowme
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Just one of my many disagreements with Christianity/religion in general [Re: DNKYD]
    #10918408 - 08/23/09 08:08 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I'm sick and tired of all this atheism vs Christianity bullshit. Everybody just shut the fuck up and live your damn spiritual life in private.

--------------------
Imagination is the organ of meaning.

Offlinepacket_loss
Real Retard
Male

Re: Just one of my many disagreements with Christianity/religion in general [Re: showme]
    #10918421 - 08/23/09 08:12 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

If you know a thread contains a topic you don't care to discuss, why post in it? This is a major problem in our society, the live and let live function is dead.

--------------------
Prohibition goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation and makes crimes out of things that are not crimes.

-Abraham Lincoln

Invisibleshowme
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Just one of my many disagreements with Christianity/religion in general [Re: packet_loss]
    #10918446 - 08/23/09 08:22 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

a major problem in society... that people have different beliefs about something very important?

discussing it won't do shit

and because, these threads are tiring and old but my curiosity always gets the best out of me and i have to read what the person writes

--------------------

Offlinepacket_loss
Real Retard
Male

Re: Just one of my many disagreements with Christianity/religion in general [Re: showme]
    #10918455 - 08/23/09 08:25 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

showme said:
a major problem in society... that people have different beliefs about something very important?

and because, these threads are tiring and old but my curiosity always gets the best out of me and i have to read what the person writes

No, the problem of society is our determination to involve ourselves in what other people do, especially when we disagree.

--------------------

-Abraham Lincoln

InvisiblethatiAM
Stranger

Re: Just one of my many disagreements with Christianity/religion in general [Re: krypto2000]
    #10918468 - 08/23/09 08:32 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

krypto2000 said:

ahahahaha why the fuck would you poke yourself in the ass with a remote because you're nerd raging like that?  makes no sense.

Invisibleshowme
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Just one of my many disagreements with Christianity/religion in general [Re: packet_loss]
    #10918473 - 08/23/09 08:34 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

ah i see.

well aren't you doing the exact opposite of live and let live by interfering with my not following that code?

--------------------

Offlinepacket_loss
Real Retard
Male

#10918481 - 08/23/09 08:37 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

showme said:
ah i see.

well aren't you doing the exact opposite of live and let live by interfering with my not following that code?

I'm not interfering with you, you don't bother me in the least. I just wonder why people participate in threads that supposedly annoy them, it's curious. I see it on many boards.

--------------------

-Abraham Lincoln

Offlineupinthetrees
.Ease through your Mind.
Male

Loc: P/N/W
    #10919688 - 08/23/09 01:01 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

showme said:

you are right, I think we should just shut down the whole message board because obviously discussing things is a dead-end road. :facepalm:

--------------------

I want to show you life for what it's worth, from beginning to end from when your life was first launched 'till when it descends back to earth. From pyramiding at it's peak 'till when it turns back into dirt..

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract