Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenycomyco
Stranger

Loc: PA
Trip Report: Salvia BREAKthrough
    #4372189 - 07/05/05 12:34 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

This is long: If you don't read the whole thing, at least check out the last paragraph. I'm interested to hear what everyone has to say.

I tried salvia for the first time about a year and a half ago. I found that I could smoke as much as 6 giant bong hits of 5X enhanced leaf without any profound effects. I would have meditative experiences where I could feel every minute muscle spasm, blood vessel, in my legs. I had strange sensations of familiarity that were followed by repeating mental verbal imagery where I would come out with nonsense words like "gisenj." This past year I bought 20X enhanced leaf and found, again, that I could smoke a ridiculous amount without a breakthrough experience. I could sense the potential power of salvia, the strange vector that it introduced me to, but I felt that I couldn't get beyond there at this point in my life so I decided to give up on it until I explored more of the other psycedellic worlds.

Last week, I was with a friend who really enjoyed salvia and for whom I was providing the 20X that I wasn't using. After some good reefer, we went in the woods and he hit the piece, giggling and staggering. Watching him, I decided to give it another shot. I had usually prepared carefully for the experience by relaxing, focusing, and meditating on beautiful music. Having smoked salvia many times without being blasted off somewhere else but rather pushed deeper into the same realm, I figured I was fine to go in without preparation. I took 2 strong hits of the 20X and held it. At first the "familiar familiarity" hit me, and I remembered salvia, but then I went much much further out than I've ever been before.

I'll try my best to describe an experience that is completely indescribable at its core. In fact, when I was in there, I was thinking that the main point WAS that this realm cannot be described. This drew comparisons to death. Skipping forward for a moment, as I was coming out of the experience (A definite "out" as opposed to the coming "down" of other psychedelics), which in itself took over an hour, I remember feeling as though I had experienced some kind of death. I figured that it felt like death for one of these reasons: 1) The deep salvia realm is so alien, so unexplainable, that it taps a deep subconscious fear of death as the ultimate unknown. In other words, it was so weird that it must be death, that thing that we cannot know. 2) Salvia truly takes you to the edge and back, showing you, if not the experience of dying, at least the edge of your life and a hint of what it's like to experience death. I'm leaning towards the second one. Maybe you can't explain it because we cannot possibly understand what death is and salvia just shows you that you cannot understand it. You cannot understand it, you can only cling to the fragments of memories of the trip which become artifacts when you come out. That's the way it is.

Salvia stretched everything out before me. It detached me from my ego and showed it to me in the form of a limited membranous sheet, like a neuron, and stretched out this neuron into strands infintitely distant from the center of the sheet, everyday reality. The slavia experience hovers around these strands at some distance from the main body but not completely beyond.

One amazing thing that happened was that a bright vertical line appeared in my open-eyed vision. The line was weird because I couldn't foveate on it. It was stuck in my left visual field. It's hard to explain, but the visual line was only the top of the iceberg- it was mostly a conceptual kind of thing. There was all blankness to the left of it. For a while, I felt like I would never look to the left of the line. But, then I did. I turned my whole body into it and looked to the left of the line, only to have that realm fill with the forest. This happened again and again. I'm not sure, but I think that each time I turned to the left and crossed the line, I was put in the same position. So, in essence, I couldn't cross the line. But, I knew that that line was really there, that there was an edge of everything. Buddhists often talk about the void, and I think that that may have been the edge of the void. I really can't remember or explain what made me feel like it was the edge of everything, but I'm almost convinced that it was, or at least an illusion of the edge that does exist. I think I had expereinced this edge in a milder form in earlier salvia trips, in the form of a blanket that covered my head as I tripped in my room months ago.

The whole "edge" thing perplexed me. I almost felt as if each time I crossed the line, a page in the universal book about me was turned to the next page, infinitely similar except for one small difference. I felt, in hindsight, that time had slowed down to nothing and I was phasing between alternate universes. but, that kind of stuff has scared me and forced me into a time-loop in the past during a mushroom trip, so I didn't dwell on the idea.

After that I remember lying down and looking up. My mind was elsewhere, but I recall the canopy changing into symmetrical pattens. Coming out was very different from coming down from a mushroom trip. It was kind of like the waves that had been pulsing through my mind so quickly after I had smoked, almost stopping time, were slowing down, spacing out and fading out. It's like the waves get fainter and fainter until you wake up the next day and you're once again frimly established in normal space-time-ego.

It's hard to describe the experience emotionally. There was that nagging feeling of death/fear. There was a definite pain associated with it- like I had been snapped in the face by God or like something was had just tugged on my mind- a continuous electrical feeling that isn't like normal pain. I tried not to think about that pain too much and i was OK. Afterwards, I gave my friend my salvia and pledged not to do salvia for a very long time, until I forget what the realm is like entirely or feel that I have the faculties to understand it better. I feel like I was there, I've been there and I know what its like and I have a feeling of what is beyond so it isn't necessary to go there again.

I'd like to hear what others have to say because I think that wherever I was is the salvia realm. That's where it takes you. The others I've talked to that have experienced it have agreed with me, but then again this plant is so powerful that it may have other profound effects that are dissimilar.

RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN SALVIA AND MUSHROOMS: I think that salvia shows you where you are through a unique ego detachment- you realize your extent, and it begins to suggest the limits of everything which takes a bizarre form during the personal experience WHEREAS mushrooms takes you up and shows you the absolute beauty and love connecting everything and you are able to physically feel and participate in the energy. They are polar opposites in the nature of the realm they show you except for the fact that they both take you extremely far. Salvia turns your life into a house that you can walk around in and touch the outer walls. You can look out the window and see your context, the outside landscape. Mushrooms open the window and show you the sky. Sometimes I would think that its weird that different drugs take you to different places. That suggests that they are all just different illusions. Now I realize that they are different perspectives AND different terrain- different mind tools provide you with a new set and a new setting on top of your own. Together they create an understanding of things or at least of the existence of limits and limitlessness.

Edited by nycomyco (07/05/05 12:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Report: Salvia BREAKthrough [Re: nycomyco]
    #4372316 - 07/05/05 01:23 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

intuitively you are in synch with all salvianauts, and are reporting from the same kind of immersion in an effect that is hard to describe and nearly impossible to understand or relate to while we are here, on the other side. but it is so so familiar while there.

Personally I think you are most accurate to underlying factors when you say the following
Quote:

Salvia stretched everything out before me.

Quote:

that time had slowed down to nothing and I was phasing between alternate universes

Quote:

There was that nagging feeling of death/fear. There was a definite pain associated with it

Quote:

The whole "edge" thing perplexed me. I almost felt as if each time I crossed the line, a page in the universal book about me was turned to the next page,

personally I have reduced the effect to stretching out of sensations - a prolongation of fadeout of entire moments so that they will stack and this gives you your timeless multidimensionality. a stack of frames or pages of a book. the whole last minute is before you as now but each direction you viewed is equally now, each person you intuited is here still...

nearly everyone experiences that and reports it in simmilar words.

This underlying effect also provides intensification of sensations that are prolonged but not different between moments so that the overlay is not multiple and staggered, or different, but multiple and amplified. that goes for the pain as well as gravity effect etc.

I think it is really the same with mushroom but less intense, less ramped up, the accelleration into unnameable & unfamiliar territory is gentler with mushroom, but it is very simmilar in underlying nature: i.e. frames do stack, sensations fade more slowly etc.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlinenycomyco
Stranger

Re: Trip Report: Salvia BREAKthrough [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4376035 - 07/06/05 02:34 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

That this type of experience is shared by many who have ventured out is proof of the specific power of salvia.

Your idea that the salvia-induced "timelessness" is the reason for the geometricization of everything and the self is really interesting. I hadn't thought of it that way exactly.

As for salvia:mushrooms, and I feel that mushrooms can stand for other tryptamines as well although I don't have experience with others, I think that the realms are different but congruous. Salvia showed me my context and my borders in an earthshattering way. Mushrooms, on the other hand, opened my psyche to the universal energies at play. Smoking salvia was like reading an autobiography of the universe where my ego took up only a small finite part. Mushrooms, while it's scope was limited in that it didn't show me the universal schematic that salvia had, took me to a place where I could feel the actual connective energies. I was overcome with utter love and harmony on mushrooms. On salvia seeing things from that far away, an area distant from time itself, was overwhelming and devoid of emotionality (though fear has a tendency to pull things in a negative direction- this speaks for any psychedelic). On salvia, I lost my ego because I was pulled and plucked away from it and into the endoplasm of the universe. On mushrooms, my ego wasn't torn away, it was thinned and permeated- I lost my ego to the overwhelming harmony of everything.

It may sound like I'm hard on salvia, but I see my experiences with salvia equally important to mushrooms. They aren't incongrous illusions- they are connected just as reading and writing are. For now, salvia has shown me the scope of everything and mushrooms have shown me the feeling of being one inside of a quilt of everything, and together they have constructed an ever-growing, ever-incomplete understanding of things.

Thanks for your insight.

Offlinel33tmouse
Stranger
    #4376062 - 07/06/05 02:41 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

is this salvia divinurm or whatever?? cause ive bought some 21x extract or whatever at our head shop, taken several bong rips of it, and nothing more then, feeling very heavy, and unbalanced with a slight depth perception issue is all that ive experienced, oh yea and cloudy thoughts...... is this odd?

Offlinenycomyco
Stranger

Re: Trip Report: Salvia BREAKthrough [Re: l33tmouse]
    #4376142 - 07/06/05 02:58 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

No- its not odd. It takes different amounts for different people. I smoked about 5 times as much as my roommate without any amazing effects while he got blasted off to the realm i describe above.

It's important to know that smoking salvia is different from smoking pot. You MUST keep the flame on the leaf the whole time you're enhaling otherwise you'll burn it up without vaporizing the salvinorin (chemical). You need to hold the smoke for 20-30 seconds and repeat without taking a breath in between. The idea is to get as much in in as little time as possible. I've also found, and have heard from others, that it often takes a number of experiences before you can really go out far. Give it some patience and you will get there eventually. Best of luck.

InvisibleNariusFractal
Sat Chit Ananda
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #4376566 - 07/06/05 04:36 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

THe frame stacking thing was extremely prevalent in my salvia experience. It really freaked me out, and I had thoughts that I had broken through some irreversible barrier that rendered my life up until that moment as terminated. It was as if I had moved onto another phase or vector of life as you said and the previous one was but a distant memory, in fact it felt like I wanted to remember the past life but was unable no matter how hardI tried. I knew that I had a past life, that was certain, but where I was now left me with no memories of any details pertaining to that life.

As Nycomyco said, it is very important to keep the lighter's flame on the lighter when you are inhaling. Do NOT cherry the bowl.. it won't work. AFter taking a huge hit, hold it for as long as you can.

I used to watch the second hand on my computer's clock and before I ever made it to a minute I was in another world! be careful not to drop your bong, put it down before you reach lift off lol.

--------------------
You are the microcosm of the macrocosm.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Trip Report: Salvia BREAKthrough [Re: NariusFractal]
    #4378938 - 07/07/05 05:53 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

It's important to know that smoking salvia is different from smoking pot. You MUST keep the flame on the leaf the whole time you're enhaling otherwise you'll burn it up without vaporizing the salvinorin (chemical). You need to hold the smoke for 20-30 seconds and repeat without taking a breath in between.

If you are having trouble getting anything from Salvia, re-read the above... It is very important that you take a hit and hold it for a good twenty seconds or more, followed by another hit with no breath in between. The most common mistake I see is people catching their breath between hits.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Report: Salvia BREAKthrough [Re: Seuss]
    #4379178 - 07/07/05 09:15 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

true - get it in quickly.

the threashold is timed - it is only effective within a time limit.
so much salvinorin absorbed in total is not enough -
it has to be so much salvinorin within 60 seconds (varies per person)

that is why you could swallow 100 times what you smoked
with less interesting results, the slower total oral absorption may take over 100 minutes, so the threashold in any one of those minutes will probably be too low.

--------------------

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Trip Report: Salvia BREAKthrough [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4379484 - 07/07/05 11:19 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mushrooms takes you up and shows you the absolute beauty and love connecting everything and you are able to physically feel and participate in the energy

awesome, i'm going to put that in my sig...great quote

Also, that vertical line is something I've experienced before, but mine is usually in the center of my field of vision, like it's seperating the two hemispheres of my brain.

Check out my slavia guid in my sig if you'd like :smile:

Edited by myndreach (07/07/05 11:22 AM)

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

just another salvia trip report [Re: myndreach]
    #4382874 - 07/08/05 04:25 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Friday, July 08, 2005
5:55:50 AM I inhaled and held my breath
I was without pen and paper but at this keyboard.
By exhalation I felt a smoothing and a lengthening of space, my leg cramp which I woke up with earlier still pulsated.
But.
Any preparation at all could be considered the same
The body positions and sensations persisting are equal
The room was filled with a multitude of impressions ? a grand mystery
Everything fragmented off like bright little energy cups, my leg cramp was a gift, a progressive entity
I reached for a glass of water and drank a few sips.
I stood up while still typing and loosened my robe a million times; each key typed was a miracle,
I could not read the letters as I typed ? only marvel at the process, at their plastic jeweled stained glass clickings.

I wrote this:

many bent ove
andthe group i stongleg itruble ok
hey
that is space shipsleft over fromourspqace

And 4.5 mins later I wrote this

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: just another salvia trip report [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4382881 - 07/08/05 04:31 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

In reading my report above, i see that the spaceship thing does not make too much sense, but I had mentioned some tiny cups of light, they were perceived near the floor and filling up the room as little painted metallic 'toy' space ships
- all of space was a sensitive membrane bent and folded and these things were appearing from that muchness same as me into the next muchness.

--------------------

Edited by redgreenvines (07/08/05 04:32 AM)

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: just another salvia trip report [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4383134 - 07/08/05 08:22 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

playing pool, I saw this grid, I used it and It went right in tha hole..

what I'm saying is, I know I can "utilize" this "power" and Salvia is indeed a wild "placebo" (no disrespect intended) compared to drugs.. :P hehe

like what you say about outer/inner, rather than the upper/lower.. even being the same stuff. people have e attached a lot of "crap" to upper/lower...

keep at it, never be afraid, if you die, you would be dead! GO FOR IT! its life!! h?h?h?h?hh? :smile:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: just another salvia trip report [Re: Gomp]
    #4383198 - 07/08/05 08:45 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I don't think that it is a power that you can use, but it permits functional shapes etc. but that is because we are immersed in functional shapes etc.

anything that happens seems astonishing.

always nice to appreciate things in a new way.

--------------------

Offlinenycomyco
Stranger

Re: Trip Report: Salvia BREAKthrough [Re: myndreach]
    #4384050 - 07/08/05 01:15 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks a bunch Myndreach. It's interesting how exploring salvia has put the mushroom experience in a perspective that can hold up to reality. That's a good Salvia guide you put together also. I wouldn't reject the value of extracts though. I started with raw leaf and foudn nothing. I smoked 5x and 20x enhanced leaves a good dozen times before I broke through. If I stuck with raw leaves, it would have taken me over 100 times at least to get there, and that's a lot of extra smoke to inhale. I like things in their unadulterated natural form, but the extract was essential for me. Within about 2 minutes time I smoked around 1 gram of 5x while my roomie smoked two hits and was floored. It's funny because I'm really sensitive to mushrooms. Totally different receptors.

Nonetheless I agree about the fuzziness of salvia dosage. Sometimes I think it's not dosage at all- its about inhaling the spirit. I don't know. Sometimes, when I get to the bottom of a bowl of weed, down where all the resin is, I feel like I somehow absorb a little of the salvia essence that might be clinging to the glass. That could just be the reefer speaking though. Anyway, thanks for your thoughts.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#4384304 - 07/08/05 02:46 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

extracts are most excellent - part of harvesting natures bounty!

--------------------

Offlinemastagata
Space-tubes

#10911160 - 08/22/09 11:07 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Salvia stretched everything out before me. It detached me from my ego and showed it to me in the form of a limited membranous sheet, like a neuron, and stretched out this neuron into strands infintitely distant from the center of the sheet, everyday reality. The slavia experience hovers around these strands at some distance from the main body but not completely beyond

The shiny, wavy, linish, membranous sheet is exactly where salvia took me.  It was curving through space time.  It's so strange to me that people describe exactly what I have experienced on Salvia.  Does Salvia take people anywhere else than this extreme inner/outer edge of reality?  I have only broken through once...and have been waiting for the right time to breakthrough again, but does anyone know if Salvia takes you anywhere else besides that infinite flowing membrane?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder