Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJackal
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

Colonization slowing/stopped
    #1089769 - 11/27/02 01:59 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Its been 10 days since I innoculated. Everything was normal until about 3 days ago. They are 1/2 pint jars and were colonizing quite healthily. They were generally 25-30% colonized - mostly extending down from the inoculation points and around the base of the jar. The last three days they has been very little or no new growth. The strain is PB on Millet. I used a generous amount of spores per jar 1cc at each of the inoculation points, so each 1/2 pint jar got 4-5cc. They have been sat in the bottom of a closet where its consistently 22-23 degrees C. I have given them a shake, and turned several upside-down to see if that makes a difference. What could have caused this? My guess is the moisture content was too low. Can anyone confirm this or suggest anything else which may be wrong.

Jackal

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Colonization slowing/stopped [Re: Jackal]
    #1090193 - 11/27/02 05:04 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Start over.

Invisibleboxtop703
ThesaurusLinguae Graecae
 User Gallery

Re: Colonization slowing/stopped [Re: ]
    #1090196 - 11/27/02 05:07 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

OfflineJackal
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

#1090292 - 11/27/02 05:55 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Just found this in Ryche Hawke's growing guide, regarding inoculation:

In reply to:

swipe spore solution in a wide array, instead of straight down.

Does mycelium have more trouble 'moving' across birdseed when compared to a less airy substrate such as BRF.

--------------------

OfflineFred Garvin
Male Prostitute
Loc: The northern part of sout...
    #1090344 - 11/27/02 06:27 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

In reply to:

Does mycelium have more trouble 'moving' across birdseed when compared to a less airy substrate such as BRF

I have found that mycellium tears through birdseed quite quickly if the seed is properly prepared.

As for the stalling, I've had that happen in pint jars, and never quite figured it out, but I suspect that the seed was a tad too moist and became quite solid in the uncolonized portions. I ended up cutting out the uncolonized spots, then crumbling to spawn qt jars of birdseed, and had no problems from there.

--------------------

The above statements are just the incoherent babblings of your friendly neighborhood Cracker!

Shur drinkin kils brane sells--but only the week ones!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale