Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
Re: If Jesus suffered for our sins... [Re: 3eyedgod]
    #1112790 - 12/05/02 05:32 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Did I say suspension? Maybe you should acquaint yourself with the meaning of 'expulsion,' and then extend the concept to the metaphysical level.

Of course I'm being ridiculous, but your responses are very silly. Millennia old traditions for communicating the nature of Ultimate Reality, namely, Christendom - does not depend on your momentary existence for validation. You, on the other hand, reveal much about yourself by professions of unbelief. The vertical relationship is between you and God, but the horizontal relationship between people is what I'm referring to. Without a morality grounded in a metaphysic I can respect, a person is just not to be trusted - in word or deed.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (12/05/02 05:42 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSHR00M0L0GIST
Psilocybin Test Subject
Male

Loc: Mescaland
Re: If Jesus suffered for our sins... [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1112934 - 12/05/02 08:07 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I choose not to bother myself with religion much. I think its a waste of time really. I believe in karma. What people have to realize is that we are all one on this earth. We are one with all living things. If this world was full of positive energy/good karma then it would be damned close to heaven. This world causes us all to seperate ourselves from one another which throws off the balance of life itself. Thats why this world is so fucked up. If all humans would work together to make this a better place, it would be. It all comes down to human will power and karma really. People look in all the wrong places for love/happiness. You will never find love or happiness in anything on this earth till you find it within yourself.

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Loc: Far away and very near
    #1114584 - 12/05/02 04:16 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Millennia old traditions for communicating the nature of Ultimate Reality, namely, Christendom - does not depend on your momentary existence for validation.

In my personal subjective universe, my momentary existance is all that's "required" for validation of anything.

You, on the other hand, reveal much about yourself by professions of unbelief.

What exactly did i reveal about myself (to you, or in other words what did you perceive in your personal subjective universe). You don't beleive in my beleifs, why should I have to beleive in yours.

The vertical relationship is between you and God, but the horizontal relationship between people.

Are you saying that we are equal to other people but god is higher than us? Most christians I know think God is higher than us and that there higher than other people. Vertical and Horizantal only apply in the space time continum. The higher power I beleive in exists outside the continum.

Without a morality grounded in a metaphysic I can respect, a person is just not to be trusted - in word or deed.

In a morality not grounded in a metaphysic YOU respect, a person is not to be trusted by YOU in word or deed. I'm sorry I don't need the threat of an intangible parent that will "spank" me if I don't obey.

Would you like to know what you've revealed about yourself to me?

1)You seem to be quite aggressive towards anyone who holds beleifs in contrary to your own. Perhaps you are just the typical Christian who beleives it is their right or should I say duty to force their beleifs on someone else.

2)In one of your posts you call the people who nail themselves to crosses "Sadomasochistic Freaks". In another post you say that you MUST choose your MASTER. This is quite possibly an indicator that you have sadomasochistic tendencies yourself. If that is the case you are a hypocrite. Perhaps instead of critiquing others so quicky, you would do well to examine your self a little better.

--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: If Jesus suffered for our sins... [Re: 3eyedgod]
    #1114870 - 12/05/02 06:07 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Your response indicates that you need to re-read my response.

A) I never mentioned by name Whom MY Master was, so there is no attempt to force Him on you or anyone. 'Force,' coercion, manipulation are all Manipura Chakra motives, which just happen to be minimal in my personality.

B) Likewise for my beliefs. Firstly, they are under continual reconstruction, not a finished product, so they also cannot be 'forced' on you or anyone. Nor do I desire to do that. I don't care what you believe or don't believe. I'm more interested in clarifying matters, but I sometimes enter in before I am invited in - if that is 'aggression' to you.

C) You did not get the metaphors. "horizontal" and "vertical" are commonly used terms to convey a sense of the temporal, social or mundane existence we live on the planet, or the transpersonal/transcendental dimension to our lives, respectively. The terms are themselves spacio-temporal, but not intended to be taken literally.

D) I assure you that the metaphysics that I respect are 1: not anthropomorphic, 2: not introjected superego constructs [your "parent"] and 3: not exclusively Christian. Metaphysics I can and do repsect may be Hindu, Buddhist, Jewish, Christian or Islamic. They may even be a Wiccan 'An harm ye none,' but they will not be some chaos theory, or a metaphysic in which probability or chaos translates into some moral relativity, antinomianism or anarchy. There will be 'lawfulness' involved - not rigid, codified lawfulness, but the 'orde'r of one's motives and behaviors by Compassion, because the metaphysic in question clearly manifests itself in the human being as Compassion. In a nutshell: I cannot trust a metaphysic that does not center on Compassion. Then again, just because someone 'says' they believe in "Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful," for example, doesn't mean that they really do.

E) Both of your conclusions are wrong Incidentally, I specified "masochistic," not sadomasochistic.

--------------------

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (12/05/02 06:11 PM)

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1114887 - 12/05/02 06:13 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Why stress yourself figuring this Jesus thing out? Religon is for the weak-minded.

Think for yourself, question authority.  :wink:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: If Jesus suffered for our sins... [Re: Murex]
    #1115601 - 12/05/02 09:49 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Because I'm obviously an inarticulate, borderline imbecile, with practical no mind at all.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1116168 - 12/06/02 12:51 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Don't be so hard on yourself dude. :wink:

:grin:

I rather enjoyed the dialogue between you and the other members, especially Nomad.  The guy can think!  That's dangerous. :wink:  :grin:

Cheers, 

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
Re: If Jesus suffered for our sins... [Re: Phluck]
    #1118395 - 12/06/02 07:35 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

jesus is alive and well. he is called osama

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order