Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineNeuron
Tek Savant
Male

Loc: @meriKa
Re: A letter to my parents & friends about my drug use (Long) [Re: Cannabischarlie]
    #10894145 - 08/19/09 11:43 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Cannabischarlie said:
no offense, but why do you think the worst is over?

you seemed to relapse again and again. why this mentality that you need to try things to distinguish the fact from the fiction?

personalitys lend a lot to whether things will be addictive or not.

but what exactly possessed you to just decide that school wasnt worth it, and its college, which you pay for. i didnt give a crap about getting grades in high school except to slip by. if there was no homework and maybe just a few papers here and there, i would excel, but homework wastes what you learn and fewer people need that kind of shit.

what i am trying to say is, why do you let the drugs take hold of you in this manner? it seems you understand that things will get you fucked up but why not just do them infrequently and when you get stuff done? seems a fair number of people do that. is there something in your head that says to go balls to the wall on things? I am curious because i meet a lot of people with the same mentality.

so says, Cannabis Charlie- LOL. I agree with all your points, I don't understand why people are so desperate to get high.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

Re: A letter to my parents & friends about my drug use (Long) [Re: pfxtc]
    #10894472 - 08/20/09 12:30 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

very much true, being irresponsible with drugs seems to occur in the aspect of people caring more about altering themselves than anything specific or "bad" about the drugs. its the behavior of people who decide by what they do whether they do the drugs or the drugs do them.

--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

OfflineRipVanWinkle
The Benzodiazethang
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Near Memphrica, TN Flag
Re: A letter to my parents & friends about my drug use (Long) [Re: Cannabischarlie]
    #10895515 - 08/20/09 04:18 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, the drugs did me, I admit that.

And I wrote this letter because I wanted them to know the truth and to know that I have lied to them.  You don't know what I've told them in the past, so you don't know how much this really explains to them.  It explains alot to them.  My mom was very grateful to read it, and when she told my dad about it he was very anxious to read it too.

I think it was a good move, I'm very close and open with my parents, they KNOW, and have TOLD me they know how incredibly different the way I live my life now is than it was 6 months ago, and they are huge supporters in keeping me that way, along with what friends I have kept around.  That is why I wanted to get everything out in the open for them.

And no, I was not on adderall.  The only thing in my system was coffee and 50mg benedryl cause I was trying to go to sleep.

--------------------
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.

Invisiblefilthee
DWWP
Male

Loc: australia
Re: A letter to my parents & friends about my drug use (Long) [Re: RipVanWinkle]
    #10895607 - 08/20/09 05:22 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

id want my kid to come and speak to me face to face

a letter is just ink on paper

face to face value is what is right for admissions and 'heartfelt' apologies man

memorize the letter and speak it imho if you want ur parents true respect

letters get held against you is the moral of the story.

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Buckeye Flag
Re: A letter to my parents & friends about my drug use (Long) [Re: filthee]
    #10895783 - 08/20/09 06:46 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I stay away from everything but weed. I don't even trip anymore.

I will agan someday tho.

I had a crazy time with drugs growing up, but i never really was out of control. If i ever felt control slipping i stopped doing them instantly. Why would you let yourself become addicted to these drugs? Most people i know understand addiction at least enough to try to avoid it. Well whatever the case, im really glad you are doing better.

:peace:  :heart:  :shineon:

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

OfflineRipVanWinkle
The Benzodiazethang
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Near Memphrica, TN Flag
Re: A letter to my parents & friends about my drug use (Long) [Re: filthee]
    #10898209 - 08/20/09 02:52 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

filthee said:
id want my kid to come and speak to me face to face

a letter is just ink on paper

face to face value is what is right for admissions and 'heartfelt' apologies man

memorize the letter and speak it imho if you want ur parents true respect

letters get held against you is the moral of the story.

I told them I was writing it as it was being written, and sat with them while they were reading it.  It was just easier to do it that way, I'm better at writing than I am at speaking and if I hadn't had it written out there would have been alot left unsaid.  I talked to both of them as they read it and after for a good while, and end the end they were glad that I came to them with it.  Thats all that matters to me, that everything is out in the open now and there are no more secrets being held against them.

They are very sympathetic and supportive about the issue, but definitely not soft.  But if they were easy going about it, what help would that be, right?

--------------------
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder