Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMuShARoom
Contract Killer

Loc: Quebec
Do cubes grow on any cow shit (all over the world)
    #1088240 - 11/26/02 06:25 PM (14 years, 15 days ago)

Do cubes grow on any cow shit (all over the world)?
Do they, or are there some cows that don't (even the grain fed ones)

--------------------
Anarchy + Peace = :smile:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Do cubes grow on any cow shit (all over the world) [Re: MuShARoom]
    #1088330 - 11/26/02 07:19 PM (14 years, 15 days ago)

They only grow on dung, either cow, horse, elephant...etc. Only in the right conditions. Warm, humid, and usually wet, like Florida and subtropical areas.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Do cubes grow on any cow shit (all over the world) [Re: angryshroom]
    #1088673 - 11/26/02 09:39 PM (14 years, 15 days ago)

They grow in tropical and subtropical climated from Southern Georgia to Brazil and argentina, Australia to India and South East Asia. They grow primariy in cow, gaur and buffalo manure, rarely in horse and sheep manure and that is extremely rare in those later two habitats.
The proimary manured shrooms are Psilocybe cubensis and Psilocybe cubcubensis and thriteen species of Copelandia and to a lesser degree panaeolus subbalteatus.

These are the primary dung shrooms.

Then you have the pasture shrooms which include liberty caps, P. strictipis, P. fimetaria, P. stuntzii and P. baeocystis, which also produce well in lawns and grassy habitats.

Then there are the woodchip varieties such as the four australian species P. subaeruginosa, P. australiana, P. tasmainana and P. eucalyptus, and in the Americas and Europe, P. cyanescens, P. azurescens, P. bohemica, and sevral others. Conocybe cyanopus and Conocybe smithii in oregon, Washington and Europe grow from sphaghum moss along streams and riverbanks in grassy pasturelands along side the river areas.
P. pelliculosa loves alderwood c in clearcuts as do the dealdy Galerina species, carot cups and Naematolomas.

And the liberty cap range extends from Pune, India to Peru in South America, Italy at four thousand meters elevation, throughout Europe, Great Britain, baltic countru=ies and Russia. probably also occurs in Ch8na and of course in the Pacific Northwest and northeastern USA including Canada in Bew Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Nerfoundland and Prince Edward Island.

The copelandia mushrooms are common in most island groups such as the Solomon, Micronesia, Samoa Tajhiti, Mielenesia, the Hawaiian Islands, Caribbean and Mediterranean regions.

A few grow in Oregon and Washington and when I say a few, once in twenty-five years I have only seen a toatl of six Copelandia mushrooms in Washington state. In this state the Pn. subbalteatus, although common in manure in some areas of the world (Hawaii at 3000 meters on Haleakala, Maui is common in ORegon and Washington in rotted haystacks and compost heaps, although recently Joshua of Oregon came across a whole lawn of them in Oregon.,

Maybe that will give you an idea of habitat. currently there are now more than 190 species of shrooms with psilocybine and 20 more species of mushrooms which contain other halucinogenic compounds other than psilocine/psilocybine.

mj

And again regarding Cu ensis. Not every field willhave them in it. You can go through 50 fields brfore finding one with a good crop, but the field down the road 100 meters may never have thema at all.

mj

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Do cubes grow on any cow shit (all over the world) [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1090083 - 11/27/02 06:20 AM (14 years, 14 days ago)

You make it sound like an ode to the mushroom.
The fungus story ... the psylocibe odissey, i love it.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Offlinebutter_flyfish
Stranger
Loc: New England
Re: Do cubes grow on any cow shit (all over the world) [Re: MuShARoom]
    #1094901 - 11/29/02 12:38 AM (14 years, 13 days ago)

mjshroomer,
You mention libs being found in the north east US. Do you know if they have ever been found in the New England area?
Given their wide distribution and climate preference it would seem New England is a likely place to hunt for them. I have been able to find zero first hand information about New England actives. Seems like most people don't believe we have any besides Pan subs. Is it possible they are out there and nobody's bothered to look?

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Do cubes grow on any cow shit (all over the world) [Re: butter_flyfish]
    #1094952 - 11/29/02 01:08 AM (14 years, 13 days ago)

i have heard anecdotal reports. also, it stands to reason that if they could be found as far north as Nova Scotia then they could also be found throughout the new england area as the climates are, if slightly tamer, quite simmilar.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Edited by concretefeet (11/29/02 01:10 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification