Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleKnifey Mcstab
Sir Prancelot Brainfire
Male

Loc: PNW
Something that's been bugging me a bit lately.
    #10877293 - 08/17/09 05:30 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

It seems that whenever I smoke I get these weird muscle aches, it's like the feeling of needing to stretch except a bit more painful, especially in my neck area.

Anyone heard of this?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: Something that's been bugging me a bit lately. [Re: Knifey Mcstab]
    #10877313 - 08/17/09 05:33 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

i sometimes get that actually- like my neck feels fucked up- sometimes when I'm really high I can almost convince myself that i have something like canc*r -  i think it is just from the smoke irritating your neck maybe

but what bugs me the worst is that I get jittery sometimes when I smoke potent sour diesels(sativa) .......... maybe it just makes me more active. i need to start skating and blazing more

Invisibledr_gonz

. [Re: skatealex2]
    #10877321 - 08/17/09 05:35 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
    #10877332 - 08/17/09 05:37 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Do you excersise much? Maybe its all those years of being a sloth catching up with you?

Unrelated - but my shoulder is absolutely killing me. I can't even move my arm without being in agony. If I stand up I have to carry my right arm because if I leave it to support its own weight it fucking hurts.

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

InvisibleKnifey Mcstab
Sir Prancelot Brainfire
Male

Re: Something that's been bugging me a bit lately. [Re: dr_gonz]
    #10877340 - 08/17/09 05:38 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

skatealex2 said:
i sometimes get that actually- like my neck feels fucked up- sometimes when I'm really high I can almost convince myself that i have something like canc*r -  i think it is just from the smoke irritating your neck maybe

but what bugs me the worst is that I get jittery sometimes when I smoke potent sour diesels(sativa) .......... maybe it just makes me more active. i need to start skating and blazing more

Ya, my neck feels kind of messed up, stretching helps a little I guess. Good sativa always makes me a little antsy.

Quote:

dr_gonz said:
It's the dope waking you up to preexisting conditions.

Like what, leukemia or something?

--------------------

Offlinepsilocybin_qualm
Student
Male

#10877341 - 08/17/09 05:38 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

You could just tense up a lot when you smoke weed I do this some times as well.  I get all tense and have to relax and to some shoulder rolls and neck stretches seems to go away after that.

InvisibleKnifey Mcstab
Sir Prancelot Brainfire
Male

Re: Something that's been bugging me a bit lately. [Re: psilocybin_qualm]
    #10877359 - 08/17/09 05:41 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Cepheus said:
Do you excersise much? Maybe its all those years of being a sloth catching up with you?

Unrelated - but my shoulder is absolutely killing me. I can't even move my arm without being in agony. If I stand up I have to carry my right arm because if I leave it to support its own weight it fucking hurts.

Quote:

psilocybin_qualm said:
You could just tense up a lot when you smoke weed I do this some times as well.  I get all tense and have to relax and to some shoulder rolls and neck stretches seems to go away after that.

Hmm, maybe it's a combination of these. Although I have been more active lately it feels like my muscles need to be stretched our or something. Or maybe blood is just pooling and that's what's causing it.

--------------------

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

#10877381 - 08/17/09 05:44 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

i think everyone's right about the excersise.  after I excersise - being high feels 80 times more relaxing

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #10877387 - 08/17/09 05:45 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Do some yoga (stretches).  And breathe deeply.  Or just get physical...that's what I do.  Especially when I get high on low tolerance, I get quivery and shaky and tense, and muscles can ache...yoga really helps release and center energy.

Offlinepsilocybin_qualm
Student
Male

Re: Something that's been bugging me a bit lately. [Re: dr_gonz]
    #10877390 - 08/17/09 05:45 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

dr_gonz said:
It's the dope waking you up to preexisting conditions.

Yeh I was thinking this as well.  The weed probably just made you notice that you were tense in the neck area.  I was reading Robert Anton Wilson and he was saying that the central nervous system filters out billions of signals that your nerves are receiving, because if you received all of them at once you would go insane.  RAW said that smoking weed allows a lot of the sensations that are blocked through, mediation does this as well.  Allowing you to perceive more of what is going on in your body.  So when you smoke weed you realize how tense you really are.  Get a message and stretch your neck regularly.  After all it is holding up that giant head. :awesome:

InvisibleKnifey Mcstab
Sir Prancelot Brainfire
Male

Re: Something that's been bugging me a bit lately. [Re: psilocybin_qualm]
    #10877413 - 08/17/09 05:50 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I love smoking after a good exercise.

I think you guys are right though, it's the tenseness and insufficient exercise.

Lots of good advice, I'll try the yoga thing. I've never done yoga so It'll be interesting to see the results!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds