Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MushCult - Live Mushroom Cultures Edible and Medicinal Mushroom Cultures on Agar   Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, CBD Compare   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Amazon Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineflawed
Stranger

Loc: Canada
misting casings
    #1087588 - 11/26/02 02:15 PM (16 years, 22 days ago)

i have a casing full of mushrooms in a perlite terrarium. i air out my terrarium twice a day and i was wondering if it was okay to mist the casing after airing? i was lightly misting the casing twice a day until i started to see pins about 4 days ago. i haven't misted since then and the casing is covered with 2-3" mushrooms. i think the growth of the mushrooms might have stopped though. anybody know if this might be because i stopped misting the casing? is there another way to get the humidity up after airing? any suggestions would be appriciated.

--------------------
------------------
----------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
Re: misting casings [Re: flawed]
    #1087593 - 11/26/02 02:17 PM (16 years, 22 days ago)

Your humidity will be plenty high enoufh if your using perlite. With perlite its all or nothing so you should have 90+% humidity which is not ideal for casings. Since casing layer provides moisture for them. Heard of people just misting between flushes to rehydrate a lil bit but nothing like everyday. You may have added too much water and killed mycellium?

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
Re: misting casings [Re: flawed]
    #1087600 - 11/26/02 02:19 PM (16 years, 22 days ago)

yes, i nuked a bunch shrooms by over-watering a casing. be careful.

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

Offlineflawed
Stranger

Loc: Canada
Re: misting casings [Re: socratesmind]
    #1087646 - 11/26/02 02:45 PM (16 years, 22 days ago)

nah i don't think i damaged anything. i was misting the casing VERY LIGHTLY before any pins appeared.. in fact, i can see lots of agressive mycelium that poked through the vermiculite after i started to initiate pinning. thanks for the help though, i won't mist the casing any more.

--------------------
------------------
----------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: MushCult - Live Mushroom Cultures Edible and Medicinal Mushroom Cultures on Agar   Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, CBD Compare   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Amazon Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation