Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Cell Phone Providers
    #10873873 - 08/17/09 12:41 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

So I've been using a pre-paid Net10 piece of shit phone for almost a year now.  For a long time it was great, I spent way less money, and had service anywhere I went.  Plus this little fucking phone just won't die.  I've thrown it into walls, dropped it in the river, and stomped on it repeatedly while drunk for the automatic text thing pissing me off (I totally know how to use it, and am pro on other phones, but this one defies all logic).

Anyhow, Net10 charges $0.05 per text, which is pretty reasonable, but lately I've been sending WAAAAAAY too many of these fucking things and I'm just burning through my money real quick.

So in conclusion, I'm not really saving any money with this infuriating, indestructible phone anymore, and am looking around at providers.

What do you guys use?

Right now I'm most considering Boost Mobile...their coverage map for my area and the places I typically go is pretty solid, and it's $50/month for unlimited everything...texts, calls, web, w/e.

Anybody have experience with these yahoos?  Got experience with the phones they sell (I'm thinking about the Motorola i465)?  I notice they only sell Motorola phones, which is kinda a bummer...they seem to have a shit ton of problems, or have in the past anyhow.

Can anybody suggest something better?

I probably use up roughly 250 minutes of talk time every month...and basically need unlimited texting at this point.

:cheers:

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineupinthetrees
.Ease through your Mind.
Male

Loc: P/N/W
Re: Cell Phone Providers [Re: circularvortex]
    #10873888 - 08/17/09 12:45 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

boost could be the cheapest but it's not the best service.
I'd say go with sprint, it's 99$ for unlimited everything.

--------------------

I want to show you life for what it's worth, from beginning to end from when your life was first launched 'till when it descends back to earth. From pyramiding at it's peak 'till when it turns back into dirt..

Invisiblepwnasaurus
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Cell Phone Providers [Re: upinthetrees]
    #10873903 - 08/17/09 12:48 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I say it's totally worth it to get a smartphone.  Blackberry Bold FTW.  I pay about $80 bucks a month - last month I sent 2000 text messages!  I couldn't even believe it.

Offlineupinthetrees
.Ease through your Mind.
Male

Loc: P/N/W
Re: Cell Phone Providers [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #10873910 - 08/17/09 12:50 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

pwnasaurus said:
I say it's totally worth it to get a smartphone.  Blackberry Bold FTW.  I pay about $80 bucks a month - last month I sent 2000 text messages!  I couldn't even believe it.

blackberry storm 2

--------------------

I want to show you life for what it's worth, from beginning to end from when your life was first launched 'till when it descends back to earth. From pyramiding at it's peak 'till when it turns back into dirt..

Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Cell Phone Providers [Re: upinthetrees]
    #10873954 - 08/17/09 12:58 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I had a Blackberry Pearl before.  Three of them, actually, cause they kept breaking on me and they kept sending me shit phones that broke after like 2 weeks >.<

After that I got a badass HTC Smartphone (through AT&T, btw), but cancelled the plan cause I was spending like $60/month (didn't have internet service, just used Wi-Fi) and dropped to like $30/month or less when I went to prepaid.

I don't really care that much about features on a phone...I just don't wanna spend a lot of money and I don't wanna have to chuck my phone against the wall in a fit of rage cause I can't get the damn texting to work right.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.

Invisiblepwnasaurus
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Cell Phone Providers [Re: circularvortex]
    #10874006 - 08/17/09 01:11 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

The Bold is not the Pearl.  Personally, I had never liked any of the Blackberry's till the Bold came around.  It's fucking amazing.  Period.  You will not regret your decision.  iPhone comes in second for me (3GS), although I've yet to see a Pre or HTC Hero.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale