Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMuad'Dib
Stranger
Totally lose touch with reality to dangerous level
    #1086809 - 11/26/02 04:12 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I'd like to step up my trip intensity (most eaten is 3 dried grams of cub.). I've handled the "bad" portion of a couple of my trips very well, since they mostly resulted from nausea. While I don't fear a bad trip, I somewhat fear a total loss to be able to associate with "normal" reality and my own memory. Has anyone had complete temporary amnesia, or found they couldn't recognize simple objects like stairs and doors anymore? If trying a more intense trip, say eating 6(?) grams, is it most wise to have a sitter nearby? If you did completely lose touch with reality, how much did you dose, and what kept you from just wandering off somewhere?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
Re: Totally lose touch with reality to dangerous level [Re: Muad'Dib]
    #1086838 - 11/26/02 05:10 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Good question.

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
    #1086909 - 11/26/02 05:43 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

it sounds like your not ready to let go yet. ego loss can be the most enlightening experiance of your life but you have to be willing to be able to let go and trust were the mushrooms will take you. :smile: your post title tells me your not yet trusting of the experiance. this is normal.if done properly lose of touch with reality(ego-death) is miraculous, but you must be ready. i always do this alone in the dark but, i have total faith in mushrooms and ego-death. all i can suggest since i don`t know you personaly is remember mushrooms are teachers, proceed at your own pace up the levels and always do this in an enviroment that your comfortable and safe. if you need a trip sitter ,pick someone you totally trust and has some experiance with psychedelics.this person can remind you if you panic that no matter how intense it get`s you will come down shortly and be fine.
be respectful,proceed at your own pace and when you get to the time were it is
time to let  go don`t be afraid, breath and let go and learn. your life will be much richer after this.
only you know when your ready.
i wish you the best of psychedelic success :smile: 

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

OfflineShamanSean
the MilitantMind

Loc: CA, USA, the Bay Area
Re: Totally lose touch with reality to dangerous level [Re: chinacat72]
    #1087096 - 11/26/02 08:24 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I think that he is ready. Its all in your mindset and if you think you can handle it then you can handle it. If you were to be scared of losing touch, then your not ready.

But I reccomend that you dont have a sitter, just trip with another person. My experience with sitters is that they will reaffirm how far gone you are and basically cause you to panic unneccesarily. They might even try to fuck with you, and I always find that people who are around while im trippin who arnt tripping with me to be VERY annoying.

--------------------
"So take my advice and dont quit. Cuz if u do, you wont get shit - bitch! "

-Too Short

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1087594 - 11/26/02 12:17 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

"If trying a more intense trip, say eating 6(?) grams, is it most wise to have a sitter nearby?"

Yes. Make sure its somebody quiet who's willing to simply chill out (maybe read a book or something while you're tripping.... something quiet and un-annoying).

"If you did completely lose touch with reality, how much did you dose, and what kept you from just wandering off somewhere?"

It was 6 grams of this one batch of shrooms that blew through my town last year - they knocked everybody's socks off, man - these were really powerful :smile: I didn't wander off somewhere because I forgot I was human and CAPABLE of even getting up and moving around during the strongest parts. I was safely on the carpet  :grin:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineTrauM
Poker Player

Loc: North America
Re: Totally lose touch with reality to dangerous level [Re: Strumpling]
    #1087806 - 11/26/02 01:45 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

No doubt it is smart to have a sitter nearby when tripping so extreme..

I cant believe you actually asked that question, because its common sense, but your better safe then sorry right?

Peace..

--------------------
Oh what a tangled web we weave when we practise to deceive..

Offlinethelox
Re: Totally lose touch with reality to dangerous level [Re: TrauM] * 1
    #1087865 - 11/26/02 02:09 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I bi-monthly do 7 grams of mushrooms.
The best thing to do is just lie in bed, eyes closed and left the
mushrooms take over.
video games,trip toys,music or cool but I find the peak is best spent
in a meditative state.

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
Re: Totally lose touch with reality to dangerous level [Re: ShamanSean]
    #1087990 - 11/26/02 02:42 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

only he knows if he is ready
a trip sitter is someone with experiance who quitely lets you trip and stays out of the way,  and can help if things  get to freaky
i prefer to trip alone, but the comfort of a sitter might make the difference for you
somebody who`s going to sit there and say shit like"dude your pupils are fuckin huge",or "man you must be fucked up" isn`t a sitter.
whatever you choose remember it`s all good and you will be fine.
best of luck :smile: 

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

OfflineNatas
Natas
Re: Totally lose touch with reality to dangerous level [Re: chinacat72]
    #1088049 - 11/26/02 03:07 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I would say that the best type of trip sitter is someone who is in the same house as you but they are sleeping, and do not know your fucked up but if you ever felt uncomfterable you could go tell them your having a bad trip (ie) older brother or sister whom you trust not to tell your rents....
Good Luck  :cool: 

Offlinehuboldium
Re: Totally lose touch with reality to dangerous level [Re: Natas]
    #1088717 - 11/26/02 07:57 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

ego-loss is a wonderful but terrible thing, each person is different, some can not achieve it with any dose, some like me do it with small doses, you have to know you are ready, if you fight it at all a bad trip can set in, you have to completley relax and let the mushroom guide you and show you what it wasnts to show you, the best intense trips come from being totaly alone, lying either in the dark forest or on the beach at night, as for a trip sitter i find they distract you and you are unable to completley and toatly let go, i went high dose solo my second trip and have never gone back, mind you i have great control overy my brain and im introverted to the point of not liking to be around people period, ill tell you about my friday experience which was not extremely intense but probably the level you are looking for:

i ingested 3.5 grams of cyans and hopped on the bus to the beach, by the time i arrived i was already coming up and was segining to see a few things, bythis time it was dark and i headed to the beach in the final shreds of light, i found a comfortable log, turned on my mp3 player to some acid techno and watched the waves, about 20 minutes later i had an urge to lie down, i did so, a sudden rush of intensity came over me and by brain began swimming in euphoria, wave after wave of the best feelings ever, shortly after i found myself unable to sit up, i closed my eyes and focused on relaxing every muscle in my body, i did so and slowly felt the begginings of ego loss, my closed eye visuals became highly intense and detailed, i ceased to have the ability to form coherent and logical thoughts, this can be described as your brain stopping to work, i suddenly felt my body dying and my spirit lifting, from then on i began to see amazing things, i saw the universe in a different way, i saw how time flows separatley from anythign else, is agffected by gravity and other phenomenon, i saw how everything on earth fit toegether, i saw the damage and destruction of humans and how they fit into the scheme of things, i then started seeing how i fit into society, what skills i contributed, what things i felt and why people said them, how people felt when i said and did things, i saw that some people that i thought were close friends were actually not, and that vertain pepole who i barley knew were closer to me and knew me from past lives, i went far beyond death and into another reality, everything became crystal clear to me and i had the ability to find the simplest solutions to problems, point to point, after what felt like eternity i was able to sit up, i looked at my cell phone to check the time but as ususal was unable to understand what the numbers were, i knew that there was a 6, a 4 and a 2 but i didnt know what they meant, i couldnt understand time, how numbers realted to it or what they were supposed to mean although i knmew they were important, i tried to pack a bowl but was unable to grasp the concept and function of a pipe, i saw the bud and knew what it was but i didnt know how to get it into me, i stood up and gathered my belongings, i stumbled over logs as i left the beach, i then walked up to the youth group i atttend and tried to decipher everything that i had seen and learned, by the time i returned home i was at the baseline, it was another incredible experience wher i learned much and grew a great respect for many things which i put into motion on monday morning, so much can be gained and learned from a high level trip, if you are willing and able to let your mind go completley, so say goodbye to youself, to cease being you and to become one with the universe then you will be rewarded with the most spiritual and enjoyable experiences of your life, if you are confident and comfortable with yourself and are willing to go without a trip friend and out into the dark i highly recomed it

OfflineShamanSean
the MilitantMind

Re: Totally lose touch with reality to dangerous level [Re: huboldium]
    #1089167 - 11/26/02 10:02 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I experienced those same feelings on my very first trip. Ever since then, me and mushrooms jus go together.

--------------------

-Too Short

InvisibleMr Wobblehead
WizardExtraordinary &Absolute CocoaSlut

Loc: They tell me it's a hospi...
    #1090017 - 11/27/02 03:55 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I always found the worst state is just on the border line of ego loss, when you're not quite there or here, it's really uncomfortable.  I think that this is the state that causes bad trips.  So dose at least 6 grams of nice cubes. And powder them so you come up quicker.

One of my best trips was on 1000 mics of acid with 8E's and 10 2cbs at a squat party in London (Immersion sound system)  I totally lost my mind, people just turned into lumps of energy and the music became three dimensional constructs that I could touch and walk around like huge moving and exploding sculptures of pure solid light.  Absolutely fucking beautiful.  All judgement was gone, I was gone, there was just my spirit in the middle of the most amazing experience.

It was quite worrying when i first completely started to trip out, but then i just let go and had the night of my life.

I used to do loads of huge trippy chemical cocktails and just go out and enjoy the ride.

I wouldn't have a sitter unless you think you really need one.  But then who could you trust?  Having someone who is stuck in reality around when you are in deep fucked up land is not a good idea.  They'll really disturb you.  Or maybe you could give them a gram to tune it in a bit, that way they could skin up the spliffs for you and fix the music and things.  But they would have to agree to do exactly what you ask before hand without question (like fuck off and lock themselves in the bedroom).

But you should just go for it on your own though.  Shrooms are a very personal experience and are best enjoyed alone.

And don't worry, the world will still be there when you come down... honest! :wink: 

OfflineShamanSean
the MilitantMind

Re: Totally lose touch with reality to dangerous level [Re: Mr Wobblehead]
    #1091567 - 11/27/02 04:16 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Yes i agree with what he said completly

--------------------

-Too Short

OfflineInFecTeD-FuRY
wannabericer
Loc: Monroe, WA
Re: Totally lose touch with reality to dangerous level [Re: ShamanSean]
    #1091790 - 11/27/02 06:06 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

the last time i tripped was about a week ago, and before thi si had always tripped with the same person or alone, but this time one of my best friends got sum shrooms and wanted me to trip while he drove around and we just listened to music,

this quickly turned into a VERY shitty trip after about an hour, because he just sees mushrooms as a way to completly fuck u up, so as i was going he kept repeating things like "damn you're fucked" , "dfamn man those shrooms are kickin your ass" dunno bout u guys but things like that beeing repeated over and over while im trippin on my highest dose yet made me very nervous until i just lost it, he was completly sober, and i was trippin to just maybe around lvl 3, and with him there and the fact he was sober made ALL the diference in my trip, i was gonna just stop shrooms forever after that , cuz during the trip i kept askin myself..."why would i eat these voluntatily?" "its not like im having fun", but after thinking about it it was just the terrible setting and who it was with, the "good" part of the trip just lasted about an hour , and this guy is like my best friend but i just wanted to beat his ass after a while. i should also say he was driving me around in my own car (cuz i wanted yto listen to my loud ass system while trippin  :smile: ) and after a whil ehe would just do crazy shit with my car and it was dark out but onl ylike 6pm so i just kept worrying like wtf is thi skid gonna do to my car, or get us caught....and then like 2 hours later, he wanted to drive up to mailboxes and jack shit out of them, thi sis where i lost it for real tho, cuz hes in my car wanting to go steal shit...and if we get caught, im stuck here trippin like crazy in the passenger seat, after a while we just went back to my house and watched a movie, then everything was fine, except for righ twhen i come home both my parents jump on me bout important stuff we gotta talk about (a family trip), and my brother starts talkin to me bout people who called and i have to call em back...when i had no clue who they were, but once we sat down to watch the movie (how high) everything after that was fine

all u need to know is PICK YOUR SETTING CAREFULLY and u will have the time of ure life

Offlineyungmind1
Stranger
Re: Totally lose touch with reality to dangerous level [Re: InFecTeD-FuRY]
    #4538219 - 08/15/05 01:52 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

*Mod edit: no name calling*

Edited by EllemyshShade (08/15/05 02:28 PM)

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: Totally lose touch with reality to dangerous level [Re: yungmind1]
    #4538240 - 08/15/05 01:58 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quit dragging up old posts to add info of no value.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineLipaYai5
Fuzzy

Loc: Mamunia... whoaaooo.
Re: Totally lose touch with reality to dangerous level [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4538298 - 08/15/05 02:15 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

The other day, I was writing some info on an old post on A Muscaria, I was going into depth on an OLD question, something about "will A Muscaria be safe to eat, or will it kill me?" So when I saw it was over 3 years old, I just erased all of the info I was writing, and remarked at how I just noticed how old the post was, then I left a link for www.lycaeum.org for anyone wondering info on A. Muscaria. ... someone else replyed to my post saying "you just posted that you noticed how old this thread was?" well.. they must have failed to see that I left a useful link. also GDMan moderated that thread and closed it down, because no one was putting up something useful. to tell you the truth, this is kind of interesting as an old thread.

I recieved ego death at a music festival... three hits of pyramid acid, and i think that I was there, just not ALL the way, because I started to feel heavy and not want to dance, everyone was looking at me (I thought) because I was bringing the energy down... Rev. Jeff Mosier was there, up on stage with Blueground Undergrass, he was saying, "dance, boy! DANCE!!!" I couldn't make out the music, and it seemed so much that everyone was depending on me to dance.
If i could do it over again, I'd dance this time, but that time it happened, back in 2002, I was taking the world so far out of context that I didn't feel like dancing for all these people... they were so happy, and I was so internally sad that I couldn't move gracefully, I just walked away, and it seemed like everything behind me just stopped... people were talking, the band stopped, everything just came unhinged, because of me. Shitty feeling... but that's not what ego loss is all about, just one of my lost reality moments. I hope THIS was useful!

-LY5

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: Totally lose touch with reality to dangerous level [Re: LipaYai5]
    #4538343 - 08/15/05 02:25 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I saw that post, and I do feel that you didnt do anything on that post...you didnt add anything, because you edited it, I noticed that but the thread was closed already. But when someone drags up posts that are years old to go "just quit being a fucking pussy", thats just retarded.

Its that new Related Threads thing thats been doing it alot, people click them from that and dont notice the threads are old..thats only been there a few weeks. It does mean though, that there is a related topic, that is new, and currently going (unless someone was just searching through old stuff with the search)..there is one on ego loss though. These subjects get talked about so often, that there is usually a thread, for just about every other thread that is recent.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineTheHook
GrEeN HeAd
Re: Totally lose touch with reality to dangerous level [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4625088 - 09/06/05 10:18 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

ive never lost touch with reality on psilocybes and ive taken passed the 10g challenge. psilocybin is a very easy chemical to control with just a bit of concentration.

if your looking to ever step it up in your life, graduate to amanita muscaria. after that you'll be used to being thrown cosmic distances in negative amounts of time.

--------------------
I often come to many challenges and intimidations, but then I remember that you only live life once, one single time through, with no reruns or rehearsals. So just live the way you want and the best you can. Its easy.

OfflineShroomArtist84
Stranger
Re: Totally lose touch with reality to dangerous level [Re: TheHook]
    #4626130 - 09/06/05 03:41 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

crazy stories, im not ready just yet lol

--------------------
No matter what I say and no matter what I write here.

I'm sick of always looking at this page with a blank stare.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract