Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePopeRonPaul
Stranger

First time experience, I have some questions.
    #10867892 - 08/16/09 01:54 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Alright. So, I tried shrooms for the first time a few days ago. It was a great experience, and I want to do them again. However, I do have some questions.

Towards the end of my trip, I started feeding into negative thoughts, and it really fucked with my mind. I'm just wanting to know if any of these things are normal.

First off. When I started having a bad trip, I visualized some bad things. I don't mean I was hallucinating, I mean I completely lost touch with reality for a second and felt as if I was watching a movie or something happen right in front of me. Now, I've been kind of wary as to describing this because I feel that there might be something wrong with me, but it was obviously a drug doing it to me.

What I saw was my ex girlfriend curled into a ball in a corner screaming. I don't know what happened to her, but the only thing I can assume is she had gotten into a fight. Now, I don't know WHO the person was that did it to her, but I'm hoping to god I wasn't thinking of doing this to her. I remember seeing an arm clenched with a fist, and her laying in the corner. I couldn't see who the person was standing in front of her...I've been really worried about this experience. I have absolutely no hate for her, I love her to death and I want her to be as happy as she can be.

What I am wondering though, is can shrooms symbolically portray your emotions through your trips? I'm guessing it can, it'd make sense. I won't lie, I've had a lot of pent up anger towards her for what she did to me. Not anything dangerous, I've never thought about hurting her or damning her in anyway. I just feel like I let her walk on me, and I'm trying to figure out what the FUCK this trip was trying to show me.

Is it telling me to let it go? Is it telling me I need to apologize to her (I fucked her over this summer somewhat), is it just fucking with my head?

Another thing is, while I was having my bad trip, just sitting there, I would constantly hear voices telling me I'm crazy, but I would always fight these voices off, reminding myself I was taking shrooms.

Sorry if these are stupid questions, but I'm just making sure this shit is normal before I go off doing shrooms again. I've heard mental disorders can develop from shroom usage (at least ones that are already existant, but dormant) and I'm not trying to get mentally fucked over. I've never felt any of these things while sober, so I'm pretty sure I'd be fine to do shrooms again with more caution.

--------------------

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineshaman_nic420
wook

Re: First time experience, I have some questions. [Re: PopeRonPaul]
    #10867941 - 08/16/09 02:11 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

its is very norml mushrooms aree like that....they do have crazy effect like that....you just need to brake the loop of your trip......i just stick with acid for now but you will find your likeing.....be safe dont shroom and drive

OfflinePopeRonPaul
Stranger

Re: First time experience, I have some questions. [Re: shaman_nic420]
    #10867949 - 08/16/09 02:15 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Okay. And do these effects lessen the more I use shrooms? Just from experience and learning how to deal with it? I've heard mixed things about bad trips. Some say taking a xanax will calm you down or kill your trip if you're having a bad one, and others say there is no way around a bad trip except for to go through it.

--------------------

OfflineTheYouth
Stranger
    #10868046 - 08/16/09 02:39 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

As someone who just came back from a 'bad trip' a few hours ago, I think I know kind of what you're feeling right now...

I think you need to realize that when you trip on something like LSD or mushrooms, you can't take everything literally. What I mean to say is, just because you had a 'vision' or thought or whatever of this unpleasant scene doesn't mean you somehow want it to take place.

You can take that scene a lot of ways. The darker, more terrible way would be to think that you want to carry out this scene. In reality, though, that's just outrageously false; you have love for this person.

I'm no psychologist or something but I'd think the best thing to take from that is that you have some hard feelings related to your ex. She hurt you and you're angry; there's nothing wrong with that.

You need to forgive her for however she may have faulted you and forgive yourself for however you may have faulted her. If talking to her would best help you get through that you should probably call her. Based on your post I think it's highly unlikely you have anything to worry about.

Be happy though. Even 'bad trips' aren't really bad per se, they're just difficult. Usually difficult trips mean you just have some issues you need to think about. 'Issues' makes it sound too harsh, that's not what I mean... I don't know how to put it. They're just barriers you have to work through before you reach easy sailing; don't stress too much!

OfflinePopeRonPaul
Stranger

Re: First time experience, I have some questions. [Re: TheYouth]
    #10868057 - 08/16/09 02:43 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks man, I appreciate that. I just needed to make sense of all this. I figured it was more of a "symbolic" thing if you will. I apologized to her and spoke with her. I haven't really told her how much she hurt me, but I'm sure she knows she's hurt me, and I've reminded her plenty of times in the past. I guess it was just a way for me to realize I need to let shit go, which I have. :smile:

--------------------

OfflineDimensionX
King of Birds
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia Flag
    #10868077 - 08/16/09 02:48 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

The reasons behind those kind of things are so complex, allot of it is like trying to interpret a dream, its crazy subconscious messages and not necessarily a reflection of you as a person. Like it could of manifested because you fear seeing your ex girlfriend get hurt not because you want to hurt her. So many reasons as to why something like that could happen, its not easy to judge. But if you can learn something from it then that's great, but don't be to hard on yourself for having strange thoughts, everyone has them even while sober.

Edited by DimensionX (08/16/09 02:58 AM)

OfflineRevolutionine
number9..number9..num
Male

Loc: Everywhere
Re: First time experience, I have some questions. [Re: DimensionX]
    #10868143 - 08/16/09 03:00 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah it sounds to me that you just had a strange thought while tripping hard. Now that the trip is over and you're sober and say you've talked their is nothing to be worried about. Like you said you love her to death and want her to happy and that's that.

--------------------
All I ever wanted was to be free,

and in the end that's how it turned out to be...

OfflinePopeRonPaul
Stranger

#10868198 - 08/16/09 03:12 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

:smile: Thanks guys. I've been worried to share this with my close friends because none of them do shrooms and would interpret it as me going insane. It's nice to talk to people who can understand the experience.

--------------------

OfflineRaptoralic
Tomorrow Never Knows
Male

Loc: Utopia
    #10869377 - 08/16/09 11:46 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I'm not an experienced tripper, but like you first trips were like that, voices that told me that I was going crazy, on a high dose I even believed that I was in a mental institution, I saw the white walls,  all my life was in my head, and when I felt my ego was going to die, I thought I really was  going to die, and I felt like a dying plant struggling on the floor, couldn't breath...but the more you trip the easy it will be, because you will get used with the feeling and you will know what to expect.

And things that worry you could intervene in the trip, one more reason why you should resolve those. I also read The Psychedelic Experience by Dr. Timothy Leary (maybe you could find it online) It was a huge help for me because in a sense it teaches you to trip.My last trip was after I read it, and It was the interesting trip I had, still have problems in letting my ego die, but after that everything is a bliss.

And don't take for granted everything you experience in a trip, that you have a problem, everything is normal, is just your ego who is scared of this total change in his cozy shelter.You are saying to him...well I really just don't need you right now...an he is like "WHAAAAAAT?????" And sometimes is trying to trick you.

--------------------
Donnie: Why do you wear that stupid bunny suit?
Frank: Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience