Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewattballasts

Re: hawks eye/bad spores? [Re: Jooooony]
    #10793912 - 08/03/09 06:12 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

i ordered from there about a month and a half ago. fast shipping.. when they arrived i immediately opened the box and checked them out.. they were extremely warm. had to be around 100 or more. i just let em col threw em in the fridge and used them about a week later....100%. worked great. although the tumbleweed is very hard to break up inside

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHarold Hole
suck my substrate
 User Gallery

Re: hawks eye/bad spores? [Re: wattballasts]
    #10794157 - 08/03/09 06:58 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

RR's rye tek says to use half coffee and half water.  I used instant coffee, but in the prescribed amount per the coffee instructions and an 8 ounce cup.  Could this have made my rye too acidic?(the instant coffee smells potent)

--------------------

OfflineHarold Hole
suck my substrate
 User Gallery

Re: hawks eye/bad spores? [Re: Harold Hole]
    #10796754 - 08/04/09 05:05 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

anyone?

--------------------

Offlinextofury
Stranger
 User Gallery

#10796788 - 08/04/09 05:15 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I wouldn't think freeze drying coffee would make the coffee more acidic.  In short, probably not, but if you think so, use a little less and see what happens -- or just buy a ph meter off of ebay for $40, it'll take the guess work out of substrate ph.

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: hawks eye/bad spores? [Re: xtofury]
    #10796799 - 08/04/09 05:21 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

i use freezed dried coffee with the pf tek, it still grows fine.

to check the syringe, make up a pf cake. and inoculate that.

LC isnt a good test you will be wasting alot of time and may not get an answer.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlineheadofmike
trich. farmer
 User Gallery

#10796807 - 08/04/09 05:26 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

This is probably sposed to be in the sponsors forum. But, heck, if so it'll get there. I've ordered from a few of the sponsors (before I never needed them again). Dark Spores, whom I never had a luck at all with. Sporeworks, and the hawks eye. The hawks eye always gave me the best syringes and the best service hands down. Usually big clumpy spores that when grown out were hungry to devour substrate and fruit. And also as someone else noted I've gotten my order in 2 days before. I would say the problem is popcorn. I've never used the stuff, because why would you? WBS is cheap as hell, and also I just started using rye grass seed. 56lbs for 20 bux. As long as you're spawning to bulk (which I always am), this stuff works amazingly. No soaking for 24 hours, no boiling, no draining, put it in jars, put water in jars, and pc. So much quicker to get massive amounts of spawn.

OfflineHarold Hole
suck my substrate
 User Gallery

Re: hawks eye/bad spores? [Re: headofmike]
    #10796814 - 08/04/09 05:29 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

headofmike said:
This is probably sposed to be in the sponsors forum. But, heck, if so it'll get there. I've ordered from a few of the sponsors (before I never needed them again). Dark Spores, whom I never had a luck at all with. Sporeworks, and the hawks eye. The hawks eye always gave me the best syringes and the best service hands down. Usually big clumpy spores that when grown out were hungry to devour substrate and fruit. And also as someone else noted I've gotten my order in 2 days before. I would say the problem is popcorn. I've never used the stuff, because why would you? WBS is cheap as hell, and also I just started using rye grass seed. 56lbs for 20 bux. As long as you're spawning to bulk (which I always am), this stuff works amazingly. No soaking for 24 hours, no boiling, no draining, put it in jars, put water in jars, and pc. So much quicker to get massive amounts of spawn.

why does everyone think i'm using only popcorn?  Did anyone even read my op?  I used primarily rye berries, and only a few popcorn jars as a second method for result analysis!

--------------------

Offlineheadofmike
trich. farmer
 User Gallery

#10796821 - 08/04/09 05:33 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

sorry hinderpits. Get more sterile? Get water content right? Could be any any any number of things before you blame the syringe of a very well respected sponsor.

OfflineHarold Hole
suck my substrate
 User Gallery

#10797637 - 08/04/09 10:24 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

headofmike said:
sorry hinderpits. Get more sterile? Get water content right? Could be any any any number of things before you blame the syringe of a very well respected sponsor.

OMG I have stated in my thread like several times that i am not dogging hawk's AT ALL and that i strongly suspect the spores died in my mailbox, or i made an error!  Sorry to be a smart ass, but did you read the thread, or just post as a response to the title?  I simply asked what people thought may have happened.

Quote:

hinderpits said:
I will drop him an email.  And just to repeat I am not jumping on hawk's- My experience had extenuating circumstances.  I will not give up til i see mycelium mountain!!

Quote:

hinderpits said:
Quote:

FuckMeRunnin said:
I guess they can start to fail at around 106 but wont completely die till around 130-150F.

if its a 100 degrees outside, and my mailbox is on a post,black,plastic and seals fairly well, i would guess it meets those temps  Honestly i didn't expect the hawk to ship so quickly, i mean i'm not even sure how the hell something got here regular mail in less than 48 hrs:)
I'm going to order again whether my lc's turn out or not and this time i will maintain a constant vigil on that mailbox, and think ill try some wbs this time as well as some rye again

I should have just made the title dead syringe, and not involved the sponsor's name, and I apologize for doing so, and appreciate all the great input here at the mb

Edited by Harold Hole (08/04/09 10:26 AM)

Offlinextofury
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: hawks eye/bad spores? [Re: headofmike]
    #10798913 - 08/04/09 01:51 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

$20 for 56lbs... that's not bad at all, what sorta place do you find these seeds from?

OfflineHarold Hole
suck my substrate
 User Gallery

#10799016 - 08/04/09 02:11 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

-

Edited by Harold Hole (08/15/09 07:39 AM)

OfflineHarold Hole
suck my substrate
 User Gallery

#10863840 - 08/15/09 07:33 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Well thought i'd update this thread... I actually ended up with about 7cc's of the b+ left over from hawk's and, I also recieved a gift of a fat ass oak ridge print from an anonymous shroomery user, and i made 12 pf tek cakes(6 hawks, 6 oak ridge) and 6 rye grain jars, and well, after 6 days the oak ridge cakes are full of colonization and hawk's have nothing, so I guess the syringes were bad after all.  I'm not mad at hawk's at all, it wasn't their fault probably either baked in my mailbox, or was an unintentional error of some sort.  Either way I'm just thrilled to see this growth finally, and i will start a grow log to day with some pics.  Thanks to all the support from everyone at the shroomery, from the old school veterans to the newer members still trying to help, thanks again.:grin:

Offlinedrumjam
Strangest
 User Gallery

#10864454 - 08/15/09 12:06 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I've only used Hawks, great service, great product, and great deals.

Mine baked in the mail box, one time, due to the heat where I live and the problem was taken care of in a matter of days. 

Supply, service and deals, great way to build your library.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate