Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRabbitt
Fucktard=k3y
 User Gallery

Ok heres the question......
    #1086081 - 11/25/02 10:49 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

i have a fiol like cupcake container i cased in just for fun and its got colonized pretty well now should i just leave it like it is and fruit it or what??

Second one... I just recased some casings that werent doing very well with colonizing i merged 3 into one bigger one and didnt put perlite on the bottom and put dry verm on top is this going to do ok or not?? any suggestions are appreciated

--------------------
[NubS]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
Re: Ok heres the question...... [Re: Rabbitt]
    #1086089 - 11/25/02 10:53 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

u can it'd make for nice pics. since tinfoil blocks like. ps. cubensis takes light to intitiate primordia so it'll just pin and fruit off top :smile: just like TMC where they fruited outta quarts and such :laugh:.

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

Anonymous

Re: Ok heres the question...... [Re: socratesmind]
    #1086137 - 11/25/02 11:05 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Whoe Socates...lol...had to read that first sentence real slow a few times to get my head to stop spinning!
As far as fruiting from a cupcake/foil thing I have never done it. In theory it should block the light from the bottom and sides and only pin and fruit on top. This will choke down your area available too fruit but may encourage bigger ones. Possibly more flushes as well. The cake will retain moisture longer but it will not absorb any moisture from underneath either. Mabe try adding a straw after the first flush, and adding steril water to the cake that way. Try it and let us know how it goes. Post some pics if you have any.

OfflineRabbitt
Fucktard=k3y
 User Gallery

#1086148 - 11/25/02 11:06 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Ok heres the cupcake caseings lol

And these 2 are my first casing that has been cased for 6 days now but no signs of shit but white fuzz balls and they have been there since 12 hours after i cased it...

--------------------
[NubS]

OfflineRabbitt
Fucktard=k3y
 User Gallery

#1086160 - 11/25/02 11:09 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

sorry those pics suck ass but im using a web cam to take them i cant afford a digi  :frown: i think you all should be able to see those clear enough to help me out..

--------------------
[NubS]

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

#1086169 - 11/25/02 11:13 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

looks like tiny primordia to me or before knotting? just wait a few more days and u should be good to go?

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

OfflineRabbitt
Fucktard=k3y
 User Gallery

#1086176 - 11/25/02 11:15 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

O and heres the pic of the one i just recased 3 casings into one in

--------------------
[NubS]

OfflineRabbitt
Fucktard=k3y
 User Gallery

#1086182 - 11/25/02 11:17 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

k im hoping so and its not like that damn cake i got in the other room thats been birthed and dunked and coldshocked like 2 weeks ago and still nothing nd its making me mad if i had some more shit to case with it would be there already

--------------------
[NubS]

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #1086204 - 11/25/02 11:23 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

That is great colonization of your casing layer, when it pins you will be amazed, remember to post some pics. That cup cake casing is hilarious, although you are defeating the purpose of casing, I mean you have less of a surface area than cakes would have, but its still cool none the less.

Socrate's- That had to be the most confusing sentence that I have ever read, but maybe its cause I'm a little red-eyed right now, but by that sentence I can see I'm not alone

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

OfflineRabbitt
Fucktard=k3y
 User Gallery

Re: Ok heres the question...... [Re: Skikid16]
    #1086211 - 11/25/02 11:26 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

:shocked:I have done something that some people havent tryed yet?? wow thats a shock to me ( Heads getting bigger again lol)And as socrates said maybe because of the smaller surface i cxould produce LARGER fruits im hoping i can just get them to fruit anything at this point seeing how i just started and these are my first's

i really hope it will pin soon and good for me and OF COURSE i will share my pics with all of my fellow cultivators for ur veiwing pleasure lol.....

What do you all think about that last casing i posted pics of is that cool u think it should do good??

--------------------
[NubS]

Edited by Cultivator__ (11/25/02 11:28 PM)

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

#1086213 - 11/25/02 11:28 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

You cased it with dry verm?

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

OfflineRabbitt
Fucktard=k3y
 User Gallery

#1086216 - 11/25/02 11:30 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

yea thats dry verm on top and no perlite in the bottom seeing how the casings are good and moist already so i figured they would hold that in with dry verm on top

And how dry verm is alot harder to get contams as they cant colonate on dry non-nutrious things because no moisture to germinate on

--------------------
[NubS]

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

#1086220 - 11/25/02 11:33 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Well you need moisture in the casing layer, thats one of its primary functions, to provide the mycelium with a humid microclimate. I don't think dry verm will work very well as a casing layer.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

#1086229 - 11/25/02 11:36 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

you can mist it to add humidity too it but im with ski on this one :/ casing layer is for protection from contams and moisture control. should always make verm with some water and throw it in the microwave for bout 10 mins.

--------------------

OfflineRabbitt
Fucktard=k3y
 User Gallery

#1086231 - 11/25/02 11:37 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

ok then should i wet it or what cause i have nothing else left i ran dry of everything except verm like 3 days ago and havent been out to get anything else ....

Wuld taking the verm off of it be better then leaving it on??

--------------------
[NubS]

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

#1086237 - 11/25/02 11:41 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

In reply to:

you can mist it to add humidity

It'd be nearly impossible to get a correct moisture content by misting.

Cult- What you should do is scrape the dry verm off and put it in a mixing bowl and add water until it is saturated, cover it with a plate and nuke for 10 minutes, let cool and then squeeze out any excess moisture while re-applying. I know it sounds like a pain, but if you don't, you most likely will get nothing from that casing.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

#1086240 - 11/25/02 11:43 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

not really. just add water little by little and make sure u keepup with measurements like then u can get a ratio of verm to water and kinda guesstimate how much casing was applied and u can get a rough estimate :/

--------------------

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

#1086248 - 11/25/02 11:45 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Well the problem is getting the correct distribution through out the casing layer. Its possible, but very hard, I know, I lost a couple of verm casings because they were too dry, I tried to spray them, but they didn't do shit.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

#1086251 - 11/25/02 11:48 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

well if you could guesstimate then the water would be pulled down to bottom due to gravity and what not so i think it'd work fine/well. but u gotta be a good guesstimator :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineRabbitt
Fucktard=k3y
 User Gallery

#1086252 - 11/25/02 11:48 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

hmmm sounds like a plan skikid but ill have to wait till the morning cause i blew my microwave up about a month ago lol
So should i take the casing layer off now or will it be ok till the morning when i get up????

--------------------
[NubS]

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate