Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Mycobags

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblelostinspace
Perhaps theabscence of asign is a sign
Some cube questions...
    #1085351 - 11/25/02 09:10 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Hello to all, this is my first post here, however I have been lurking around here for about 2 months and gathering info from all the post that I have read...I have read the FAQ's and I still have a couple of questions...

I know a guy who's girlfriends dogs bought a mycobag and innoculated it with the Golden Teacher strain, the dog waited until it was 100% colonized and then attempted to initiate pinning by exposing it to light. This was about 2-3 weeks ago and still no pins. Upon talking to the dog tonight he related to me that no there seems to be a large blue/greyish spot forming on the top of the cake. The dog assumes that this is because of dehydration and not contamination because it has been inside the mycobag the whole time and colonized perfectly.

The question presents itself, should the dog open the bag and dunk the cake? The dog knows that if he does this it could go bad and waste 2 months of time, but he thinks that if he does not then the cake will never produce fruit and also be a waste of time. (The dogs hates wastes of time) So what are your opinions on this matter.

When dealing with a mycobag, you would not think that the cake would become dehydrated b/c of the closed enviroment, but the dog does not know what else could be wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, is there any recourse the dog could take with sporeworks, if the mycobag failed to produce fruit. Or do you think that it would be a case of you fecked it up, sorry. Thank you again in advance and sorry for the long post.

--------------------
Never let your head hang down, never give up and sit down and grieve, find another way. And don't pray when it rains, if you don't pray when the sun shines.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecheifdog24
enthusiast

Re: Some cube questions... [Re: lostinspace]
    #1085361 - 11/25/02 09:13 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

You should to more than expose it to light to intitate pinning, give it fresh air, increase humidity, drop the temp.

As for dunking, if its 100% colonized dunking would be a huge help.

Invisiblelostinspace
Perhaps theabscence of asign is a sign
    #1085414 - 11/25/02 09:37 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

How would the dog increase humidity in a mycobag?
The dog has dropped the temp by placing it in a large rubbermaid container and fresh air is being introduced by opening the container and fanning fresh air in about 3-5 times a day. A small flourescent (sp?) light is providing the light.

What would be good to dunk it with, I read some one elses post and they said that they dunked with beer, but then removed the cake and left it in the grow chamber with a perilite bottom. Would this be more advisable than placing it back in the bag?
Thanks for your reply

--------------------
Never let your head hang down, never give up and sit down and grieve, find another way. And don't pray when it rains, if you don't pray when the sun shines.

Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ca$hville
    #1085651 - 11/25/02 10:54 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Mabey you could shoot some sterile water in a syringe into the myco bag to rehydrate it.

OfflinePsiloSteve
Bioinformant
Re: Some cube questions... [Re: resin]
    #1086164 - 11/26/02 01:11 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

"dunked with beer" lol.... I'd just use sterile water if its too dry. Assuming that your problem is moisture, rather than dunking, just open the top and spray a few times with some sterile water with a mister. Your problem could be a number of things but 2-3 weeks is a long time. The guys at sporeworks are good people and may replace your bag if you explain the circumstances.

--------------------
Don't worry be happy!

Edited by PsiloSteve (11/26/02 01:12 AM)

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

#1086379 - 11/26/02 02:54 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I would definitely open the bag. Colonised grain doesn't contaminate easily.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Mycobags

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation