Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineparkernitefly
Jam Master
Male User Gallery

Loc: In the zone
Re: Psilocybin Production, 1st & 2nd flushes [Re: CH HELL]
    #10847821 - 08/12/09 05:49 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

CH HELL said:
Quote:

Sebastien said:
Quote:

CH HELL said:
Quote:

AlexP said:
Our organism breaks down Psilocybin to form Psilocin by dephosphorylation.

Big words AlexP.  You may be correct I know what dephosphorylation is but it can only happen while the shroom is actually growing,  after you pick a shroom I would love to be able to convert all the psilocybin to psilocin but it doesn't work like that.
CH

Doesn't it naturally occur during digestion? I am nearly positive I read so coming from a TC. I may very well be wrong.

Please link that for me.

Man all this preaching of BS and misinformation is making me sick.

It's fucking EVERYWHERE on this site!!!! Ridiculous!

--------------------
Formula: 0  :gethigh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAlexP
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Psilocybin Production, 1st & 2nd flushes [Re: parkernitefly]
    #10847861 - 08/12/09 05:55 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

If you find misinformation on this site then you should leave. If you don't want to leave then shut up. If you still think it's all BS then you need to open your mind and learn. If you can't learn then... the end.

--------------------
"To feel today what one felt yesterday isn't to feel - it's to remember today what was felt yesterday, to be today's living corpse of what yesterday was lived and lost." Fernando Pessoa

"When one creates phantoms for oneself, one puts vampires into the world, and one must nourish these children of a voluntary nightmare with one's blood, one's life, one's intelligence, and one's reason, without ever satisfying them." Eliphas Levi

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of one's energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." Aleister Crowley

"The Universe is an artistic catharsis." Artifex Infinitum

Invisibleprismism
 User Gallery

#10847921 - 08/12/09 06:02 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

parkernitefly said:

this forum is for discussion. we are all trying to learn.

--------------------
ephemeral anomalous

Offlineelectrics
wave rider
Male User Gallery

Loc: In front of my Computer
Re: Psilocybin Production, 1st & 2nd flushes [Re: prismism]
    #10848841 - 08/12/09 08:13 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Exactly!! we are all trying to learn..-parkernighfly- but I guess you already know it all..so why worry yourself with our misinformation and you're 31 posts.....e

--------------------
"Listen now I'm talking I've been here for weeks, waiting in this growing crowd staring at my feet, The world around me is Turning I'm just standing still, The time has come for changes do something or I will" Phish

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Psilocybin Production, 1st & 2nd flushes [Re: electrics]
    #10848879 - 08/12/09 08:16 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Chemistry

Psilocybin (O-phosphoryl-4-hydroxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine) is a prodrug that is converted into the pharmacologically active compound psilocin in the body by dephosphorylation.[2] This chemical reaction takes place under strongly acidic conditions or enzymatically by phosphatases in the body. Psilocybin is a zwitterionic alkaloid that is soluble in water, moderately soluble in methanol and ethanol, and insoluble in most organic solvents.

Albert Hofmann, the well-known chemist who discovered and experimented with LSD, was the first to recognize the importance and chemical structure of the pure compounds psilocybin and psilocin. Hofmann was aided in this process by his willingness to ingest extracts isolated from Psilocybe.

nuf said

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Psilocybin Production, 1st & 2nd flushes [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10848931 - 08/12/09 08:25 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Chemistry

Psilocin can be obtained by dephosphorylation of natural psilocybin under strongly acidic or under alkaline conditions (hydrolysis). Another synthetic route uses the Speeter-Anthony tryptamine synthesis starting from 4-hydroxyindole.

Psilocin is relatively unstable in solution due to its phenolic hydroxy (-OH) group. In the presence of oxygen it readily forms bluish and dark black degradation products. Similar products are also formed under acidic conditions in the presence of oxygen and Fe3+ ions (Keller's reagent).

--------------------

Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD

InvisibleCH HELL
Brain Sturgeon
Male User Gallery

Loc: mars Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #10848945 - 08/12/09 08:27 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

parkernitefly said:
[quote

Well genius correct us then,  making BS comments doesn't help anyone and makes you look like an ass!

Offlinetelekid
very gnar

#10848946 - 08/12/09 08:28 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

also worthy of posting is Shulgin's words from Tihkal:

"There are two generalizations implicit here, one of which I am quite at peace with, but the other is both complex and disturbing. The OK item is the casual equation between the hydroxy compound psilocin, the acetate ester, and the phosphate ester, psilocybin. As I had discussed in the CZ-74 to CEY-19 entries in 4-HO-DET, there is no proof that the ester goes to the indolol metabolically, but it is a good guess, and there have been no demonstrated differences in their pharmacology. Ditto here, with psilocin and psilocybin. I have explored both of them as pure chemicals, and I find them completely interchangeable as to their pharmacological properties."

when in doubt, turn to Shulgin.

--------------------

my easy lids

Offlinetelekid
very gnar

Re: Psilocybin Production, 1st & 2nd flushes [Re: telekid]
    #10849046 - 08/12/09 08:44 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

also:

--------------------

my easy lids

Edited by telekid (08/12/09 08:46 PM)

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10849163 - 08/12/09 09:03 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

that was an awesome vid, id like to see more talks by him

--------------------

InvisibleSebastien
Don't look!
Male

#10849403 - 08/12/09 09:51 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Basically, parkernitefly just got told. Parkernitely, clearly, you assume that anything you are unaware of is false...

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybin Production, 1st & 2nd flushes [Re: Sebastien]
    #10849452 - 08/12/09 10:00 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

thta vid was the shit. i would love to hang out w/ that guy in his lab. Maybe smoke some bud with him too...

--------------------
TO ALL CULTIVATORS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385
We need more member like mycochef, he is truly a kind giving person. Just ask Noobie, mycochef hooked him up big time!
Fastest Cultivation WINNER!!!! NoOneKnowsHowToAct won it twice, must be doing something right:super:

Shoot me a pm if you would like a powerful custom laser built. :smile: 4th pic is a 1.3W 445nm laser burning thru some plastic makeup containers. Yes I was wearing proper safety goggles, otherwise I would be blind right now.

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybin Production, 1st & 2nd flushes [Re: TacoHerder]
    #10849456 - 08/12/09 10:01 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

ok no more needs to be said, everyone is wrong sometimes. Lets all watch our manners next time.

--------------------
TO ALL CULTIVATORS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385
We need more member like mycochef, he is truly a kind giving person. Just ask Noobie, mycochef hooked him up big time!
Fastest Cultivation WINNER!!!! NoOneKnowsHowToAct won it twice, must be doing something right:super:

Shoot me a pm if you would like a powerful custom laser built. :smile: 4th pic is a 1.3W 445nm laser burning thru some plastic makeup containers. Yes I was wearing proper safety goggles, otherwise I would be blind right now.

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10849458 - 08/12/09 10:01 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

TacoHerder said:
thta vid was the shit. i would love to hang out w/ that guy in his lab. Maybe smoke some bud with him too...

screw the weed, im sure he could whip up some very interesting chemicals to try

--------------------

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

#10849504 - 08/12/09 10:07 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

this is true, or just mix the THC w/ Psilocin. that would be some good weed to smoke. get some good tasting smoke and a nice kick afterwards...

--------------------

Offlinetelekid
very gnar

#10849582 - 08/12/09 10:20 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

or, as he describes in one of his books- hypothetically you could squeeze citrus juice on to certain lichens and create your own THC.

--------------------

my easy lids

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

#10849597 - 08/12/09 10:23 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

i wish i used more then 10% of my brain like him...

--------------------

Offlinetelekid
very gnar

#10849626 - 08/12/09 10:30 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, the man is a genius and a saint. truly paving the way for mental exploration and chemical innovation. speaking of which, i'm sure most of the community has seen this mushroom related article from him. sorry to hijack this thread but this too is very relevant on the capabilities and science of how mushrooms form (completely customizable) compounds. Brilliant.

Check it!

--------------------

my easy lids

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10849686 - 08/12/09 10:40 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

4-Hydroxy-5-methoxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine, Psilocybe mushrooms, Psilocin
Dear Dr. Shulgin:

I have been puzzled, why this compound (4-HO-5-methoxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine) wasn't included in TIHKAL -- for me it looks very appealing. Have you by the way, ever looked into cathinone (beta-keto-amphetamine) analogues of some of the psychedelic amphetamines (DOB, TMA-2, etc.) The MDMA-analogue (Methylone) is active indeed, do you think the 2,4-5-substitution pattern could be applied onto the CATs?

_Anon_

Dear _Anon_,

I totally agree with you.

4-Hydroxy-5-methoxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine would be a fascinating compound to explore. The reason it's not in TIKHAL is that it is virtually unknown. The only report of it in the chemical literature was a paper published by Marc Julia's group at the Pasteur Institute in 1965. They reported the synthesis and physical properties of the compound but to my knowledge it has never been explored in any way. The synthesis is quite a frightening thing. It starts with ortho-vanillin and takes approximately 10 steps to get to the 4,5-HO-MeO-DMT. I'm not surprised that no one has pursued the compound.

However there is a very interesting study that took place in Leipzig about 15 years ago. Jochen Gartz, a mushroom explorer whom I know quite well, has done some fascinating studies with Psilocybe species by raising them on solid media containing strange tryptamines that are alien to the mushroom. Apparently the enzymes that are responsible for the 4-hydroxy group of psilocin are indifferent to what it is they choose to 4-hydroxylate. He has taken things like DPT or DIPT and put them in the growth media and the fruiting bodies that came out contain 4-hydroxy-DPT or 4-hydroxy-DIPT instead of psilocin. In fact, he has a patent on the process. These active compounds are made by the mushroom so they really are natural and yet they never have been observed in nature. I'll give you even odds that if you put spores of a psilocybe species on cow droppings loaded with 5-MeO-DMT you would come out with mushrooms containing 4,5-HO-MeO-DMT. This way you avoid a 10 step synthesis by growing a psychoactive mushroom that contains no illegal drug.

Your idea of making analogues of the psychoactive amphetamines with the carbonyl that is characteristic of CAT would probably be a disappointment. Cathinone itself is rather unstable because there is a primary amine and a ketone in the same molecule. It will tend to dimerize and become inactive. In the example of METHYLONE (as with methcathinone) the amine is a secondary amine and the compound is quite stable. But all of the psychoactive amphetamines (except for MDMA) are primary amines.

very interesting,

--------------------

Offlinetelekid
very gnar

#10849885 - 08/12/09 11:15 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

yeah its something to think about. 5-meo-dmt is still unscheduled in the US and many other places. one could potentially do an A/B extraction on say, yopo, or virola, and mix the resulting goodies with the growth medium, OR perhaps just use the shredded plant matter as part of the substrate itself. I have to wonder how that would work, being that the places where 5-meo-dmt occur naturally typically have large amounts of DMT also (which would just 4-hydroxylate into psilocin), and harmala alkaloids, which could make things very intense if they made their way into the mushrooms too.

--------------------

my easy lids

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate