Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
UK drugs body pushes for ban on "herbal highs"
    #10844804 - 08/12/09 10:19 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

UK drugs body pushes for ban on "herbal highs"
By Farah Master Farah Master Wed Aug 12, 7:48 am ET

LONDON (Reuters Life!) – The British government's drugs advisory body called on Wednesday for a ban on a popular smoking mixture, in its first official move to curb the rise of "herbal high" substances.

Spice Gold, and other types of blend that offer users a similar sensation to cannabis, is dangerous, according to the government's Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs (ACMD).

"These are not harmless herbal alternatives and have been found to cause paranoia and panic attacks," said ACMD Chairman Professor David Nutt.

The demand for herbal highs in Britain has increased rapidly, with a number of online sites and so-called "head shops" that sell legal drug paraphernalia reporting they have sold out of Spice Gold.

Spice Gold is made up of ingredients including dried flowers and leaves but the ACMD says it is coated with synthetic cannabinoids that imitate the effect of the active ingredient in cannabis.

"Young people think they are safer herbal alternatives to cannabis but they have the potential to be more harmful because users don't know the mixture and quantity of chemicals in the product," it warned.

An average 3-gram bag costs between 20-25 pounds ($32) and smokers can choose from flavors such as 'diamond', 'tropical' and 'Arctic.'

The mixture, which is said to smell like honey, marshmallow and vanilla, is already banned in many European countries including Germany and Austria.

Ulrich Zimmermann from Dresden Technical University, who published a report on the withdrawal effects of Spice Gold in July, said it was more dangerous than cannabis.

"People don't actually know what the ingredients are -- nobody knows what people add into those herbal blends. Nobody knows whether they are safe," he said.

The ACMD have passed their proposal to British interior minister Alan Johnson who will decide whether to ban Spice Gold in the next few weeks.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090812/lf_nm_life/us_herbal_1

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHighHat
Repeat Gold Medal eBay -TiVoist
Male

Loc: Delocated
Re: UK drugs body pushes for ban on "herbal highs" [Re: motaman]
    #10844951 - 08/12/09 10:48 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

"These are not harmless herbal alternatives and have been found to cause paranoia and panic attacks," said ACMD Chairman Professor David Nutt.

Ok, so does coffee. BAN IT!! Energy drinks? BAN THEM! Testing in schools? BAN IT! Dark, enclosed spaces? The Tube perhaps? BAN!

Quote:

"Young people think they are safer herbal alternatives to cannabis but they have the potential to be more harmful because users don't know the mixture and quantity of chemicals in the product," it warned.

No, it IS safer because you wont get arrested for smoking it!

Quote:

Ulrich Zimmermann from Dresden Technical University, who published a report on the withdrawal effects of Spice Gold in July, said it was more dangerous than cannabis.

Water is more dangerous than cannabis. You can OD on water and you can't drown in weed (though I volunteer as a test subject if anyone wants to try to drown me in buds).

Quote:

"People don't actually know what the ingredients are -- nobody knows what people add into those herbal blends. Nobody knows whether they are safe," he said.

True. Finally. I used to drink Red Dawn a long while back and it had a few ingredients in it that I could not find anywhere, save a chemical distributor in China. What was I drinking? Who knows, but I will say that I would never have wanted to drink the stuff if I could legally go to the smoke shop and buy a dub of exotic for the low. But ban it? Really? How about require that the companies of "herbal highs" (isn't weed a herbal high too?) list all of the ingredients they use and what they do. If they don't list things right, then I guess they're open to a class-action lawsuit.

Quote:

Spice Gold is made up of ingredients including dried flowers and leaves but the ACMD says it is coated with synthetic cannabinoids that imitate the effect of the active ingredient in cannabis

What? So everyone should just believe ACMD, like we Americans should just believe everything NIDA says. Where are the independent studies? Where is the PROOF.

Heres an idea for Parliment: why not castrate every male that is born? It would reduce rape and child molestation, then when men are married and want to have kids, they can go see a doctor to have their sperm removed and stuck in a turkey-baster for the only purpose that sex and sperm exist: to make babies. Yes, form an Advisory Council on the Misuse of Sexual Organs (ACMSO) where they can start telling people how everyone is infected with an STD and pre-natal castration of males is the only way to curb the make-believe epidemic by eradicating underage and premarital sex.

Why not just ban living and bomb the shit out of themselves?

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you were wearing a hat, but you weren't?

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -Letter from the Pennsylvania Assembly, November 11, 1755

This profile is strictly for role-playing. Any alleged association with illegal activities is purely fictional. Any images depicting illegal activities are photo-shopped or stolen.

InvisibleWorldWideWInton
Student
Male User Gallery

Loc: unknown
Re: UK drugs body pushes for ban on "herbal highs" [Re: HighHat]
    #10845206 - 08/12/09 11:40 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

herbal high" substances.

Spice Gold, and other types of blend that offer users a similar sensation to cannabis, is dangerous

lol i love when they say stuff like that with no scientific backing.

--------------------
My past post are not necessarily reflections of my current opinions.

InvisibleGlenners
Rhymenosaurus

Re: UK drugs body pushes for ban on "herbal highs" [Re: WorldWideWInton]
    #10846942 - 08/12/09 03:40 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Seriously what is it with governments hating getting high?? Alcohol is okay, tobacco is okay, pharms are okay, but ban anything else that can affect how you feel and your mind. Oh yes it gets you high so obviously it's dangerous! :wow: derr

OfflineOrgasmicBanana
aka "PICO"
Female User Gallery

Re: UK drugs body pushes for ban on "herbal highs" [Re: Glenners]
    #10847393 - 08/12/09 04:46 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

professor david nutt... professor david nutt... oh ya, that was my hero. the one who said ecstasy is safer than aspirin, the one who thought it should be legal so it can be researched, the one who challenged the system that classified drugs and said it had no correlation with harm caused by said drugs.. what a tool way to be a faggot. please tell me they are quoting another professor david nutt. eternally slashed down from my hall of fame for being a conformist piece of shit. did all those terrible repercussions scare you? too bad you arent hardcore like marc victor.

paranoia and panic attacks DEAR GOD SAVE THE FUCKING CHILDREN
its more harmful than marijuana and only exists because marijuana is illegal wut shud we doooo??!

ok, ok, he still wants to downgrade ecstasy. i guess its ok if he destroys jwh compounds or cp 47 497 in the process.. im surprised he made it to be the ACMD chairman, i guess he needs a little public support and spice is meh. they still prolly see him as someone soft on drugs idk.

Edited by organicbanana (08/12/09 04:54 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds