Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Model Citizens vs. Heroin addicted Potheads
    #1081267 - 11/24/02 06:57 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

It's about priority control.

I was just thinkin that pot is something that unifies all the people. Lets them chill out, stop thinking about everyday things, and maybe if enough people do this (not smoke pot, but chill out), we can figure out some solutions.

Some people seem to want to keep us split up in our moral lives. As long as we can't trust each other, we have to depend on THEM, and keep their houses big and their wallets fat.

So theyll tell us it makes you stupid, depressed, leads you to doing heroin and crack. Anything to keep us from thinking about the bigger picture. Anything to keep the power in their hands.
After all, if all of us decided that they were full of shit and it was time for reform, then we'd be terrorists. Hrmm... I wonder what Homeland Security is all about....
fuck our current government.

interested in your thoughts on this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: Grav]
    #1081309 - 11/24/02 08:14 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Offlineruskifile
droog

Loc: nowhere
Re: Model Citizens vs. Heroin addicted Potheads [Re: Grav]
    #1081394 - 11/24/02 09:50 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

...and now this...

Bush's reefer madness

(from www.salon.com)

Terrified that an increasingly pot-tolerant America will spell the end of their moral crusade, the president's anti-drug warriors are making a last stand over marijuana.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
By Louise Witt

Nov. 5, 2002 | The new front in the nation's drug war came into sharp focus at 7 a.m. on Sept. 5, when loud shouts and stomping woke Valerie Corral at her home north of Santa Cruz, Calif. Suspecting that the intruders weren't ordinary burglars, she snuck out a back entrance and walked around to her front door to tell them to leave. When she opened the door, stunned federal agents in flak jackets trained M-16s on the 50-year-old homeowner. When she asked to see a search warrant, the officers screamed at her to get down. They pushed her to her knees, then forced her to lie face down on the floor. With her hands handcuffed behind her back, an officer pressed his rifle muzzle to the back of her head.

Valerie Corral tried explaining to the agents (there were about 30) that she and her husband, Michael, 53, ran Wo/Men's Alliance for Medical Marijuana, a legal cooperative in California that has grown the drug for 250 terminally ill and sick patients, many with cancer or AIDS, for almost nine years. Twenty-two of their clients have died in the past 12 months -- but to the officers from the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, that didn't matter. The DEA took Valerie, still in green silk pajamas, and Michael to federal detention center in San Jose. Under the Federal Controlled Substances Act, marijuana is a Schedule 1 drug -- dangerous and with no possible medicinal value -- right up there with heroin. Not only did they uproot and seize 167 marijuana plants, but they also confiscated the co-op's patient list.

"We do not target drug users," insists Will Glaspy, a DEA spokesman in Washington, D.C. "We target drug-traffickers. There is no such term as medical marijuana, except as created by the marijuana lobby."

In California and other states -- including three that will feature marijuana initiatives on today's ballots -- the marijuana lobby happens to be the voters. In the last year, especially, the Bush administration has renewed the war on marijuana with a vengeance -- only this time, it is a war that pits the federal government against the majority of the American people, and sometimes against state and city officials and even local police officers.
- - - - - - - - - - - -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------
(zhukov in a previous life....)

2SER FM underground radio

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Model Citizens vs. Heroin addicted Potheads [Re: ]
    #1084082 - 11/25/02 10:45 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Does any of it actually matter?

That's what I mean...

As for the slowing mentality:
Why don't we ever look at things in the spectrum of someone's whole life..
"Hrmm... I've led a pretty happy life, made alot of friends, and have tried to be a good moral person in this world... BUT, I can't recite things out of a book like I could in junior high!... Damn!"

As for the depression:
Obviously a great deal of people turn to Marijuana to escape life... They become depressed, and constantly fiend to get high to take the pain away... IMO this has nothing to do with pot. If there was no weed around they would just be snorting more pills or drinking alot more or whatever. These people are gonna keep themselves fucked up on something whether a drug is legalized or not. They need some love in their lives to get them out of that hole...

blagh

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1084234 - 11/25/02 12:02 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Mary Jane Potmen ---- "Marijuanna is a gateway drug, it leads to other things"

Thurgood Jenkins ---- "yeah, mostly junk food"

Halfbaked (1998)

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Edited by Innvertigo (11/25/02 12:29 PM)

OfflineTeRzMaStA
Psilocybin Pimp

#1084248 - 11/25/02 12:06 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

>in many many many cases pot does slow you down mentally
How so? I'm just curious because I smoke a decent amount of weed. I don't see an side effects. Maybe you can't remember shit when ur blunted, but once you sober up everything in fine again. I actually have a really really good memory.

--------------------
Think for yourself; Question Authority

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1084399 - 11/25/02 01:13 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Does any of it actually matter?

Not really. Using drugs to alter our consciousness is as old as the human race. It's a need as fundamental as eating and sex. The fact that for the last 100 years a bunch of capitalist bastards have managed to pervert human thinking into being frightened and worried by a natural need is the really disturbing thing.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Model Citizens vs. Heroin addicted Potheads [Re: Xlea321]
    #1084445 - 11/25/02 01:29 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

In reply to:

The fact that for the last 100 years a bunch of capitalist bastards have managed to pervert human thinking into being frightened and worried by a natural need is the really disturbing thing.

Huh? How come you blame it on capitalists? Can't we can lay any of the blame on misguided moralists, racists or STATISTS who look for any opportunity to put more power in the hands of governments? The biggest beneficiaries of drug laws are government agencies and organized crime (but that's redundant, isn't it?).

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Offlinefoghorn
enthusiast
Re: Model Citizens vs. Heroin addicted Potheads [Re: Evolving]
    #1084474 - 11/25/02 01:37 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

alex probably didnt think of how he was using the word capitalists

but evolv is right; it is quite ridiculous to blame capitalists for the legal problems of potheads like (most of) us

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Model Citizens vs. Heroin addicted Potheads [Re: foghorn]
    #1084516 - 11/25/02 01:48 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Capitalism and psychedelic drug use are diametrically opposed. The reason psychedelics were made illegal was purely because there were large numbers of people dropping out and rejecting the capitalist ethos.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Anonymous

Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: TeRzMaStA]
    #1084534 - 11/25/02 01:54 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

OfflineTeRzMaStA
Psilocybin Pimp

#1084577 - 11/25/02 02:07 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

what? I was asking you how it slows you down mentally. I wasn't pointing out that I'm an exception. Can you give me some examples besides that classic "short term memory loss" or even then give me some examples where the person doesn't remember something when he wasn't faded?

--------------------
Think for yourself; Question Authority

Anonymous

Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: TeRzMaStA]
    #1084635 - 11/25/02 02:21 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1084734 - 11/25/02 02:58 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

"when they got back to school, they were sooo shtoopid for a couple of months. You get mentally slowed down, cant think so well... youre out of it pretty well in a bunch of people. It never wore off after a week or two, it took a while "

That's bullshit. Why haven't the countless studies on the effect of marijuana use shown any evidence of a decrease in intelligence, or short term memory loss while not intoxicated.

Anecdotal evidence, especially that based on your observations of a few aquaintances is hardly proof of anything. Using this kind of evidence, you can prove absolutely everything.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Model Citizens vs. Heroin addicted Potheads [Re: Phluck]
    #1084870 - 11/25/02 03:55 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

There's also the problem of physician (and media) suggested illness. Tell people something is bad for them often enough and they'll start convincing themselves that it's happening to them.

A few years ago overhead power lines were said to cause illness. People started reported being ill who were living under power lines that hadn't been switched on for 10 years.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom