Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleCheeba
the shroomyqueen

Loc: atop my secret mountain
VERY interesting - thoughts welcome
    #1082202 - 11/24/02 04:48 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

At the same time my iguana performed two different casing teks and the results thus far are proving to be extremely interesting!!!  The first batch to be cased was a couple tubs of fully colonized horse poo seed spawn and the second to be cased were some bastard cakes that he inherited.  The casing soil that was used was of the same batch...H2O leval was correct and the pH was carefully tested. 
Now yesterday the iguana noticed that the cakes that he cased were sprouting pins like mad  :laugh: yet the colonized poo still had no activity.  :confused:
From everything my iguana has read...he would suspose that the poo would be the first to produce pins...not these bastardly, severly dehydrated cakes.
So I am lead to think that perhaps casing cakes is the way to go?? 

--------------------
Carpe Diem <*))))><
Theres one sweet whirld out there!!
Now remember, you are unique! Just like everybody else!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineALHOFF177A17
DoWn RU?

Re: VERY interesting - thoughts welcome [Re: Cheeba]
    #1082397 - 11/24/02 06:34 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

My cat believes casings are better because of the increased possibility of larger fruits and multiple flushes. My freinds gerbil likes casings because; they can also be dunked between flushes, fliped like a pancake and recased. Your iguana told me a spawning method can be used to increase your myc supply till there is nothing else to do but case it, because there just too much to put anywhere else but he diddn't tell me the composition of the casing layer*. You should have a better relationship with your iguana he is a very talented cultivanure. My freinds grandma would belive that the flush you are getting is due to the sudden increase in water the casing provided the myc. 'thirsty little devils" she exclaimed...My cat just said he agrees and expects small desperation fruits with many abhots on the cased cakes. (Sometimes he doesnt know what hes talking about though)
As to the poo I havn't heard much about that sh*t. But give it time Pamper/ neglect my cat is pretty sure it will turn out all right.

What strain does your lizzard use?
How long has the poo been chilin?
Did the casing get cold shocked?
What casing layer di you use?*

--------------------
www.DoWnClothing.COM

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #1082794 - 11/24/02 09:41 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

In reply to:

So I am lead to think that perhaps casing cakes is the way to go??

Just because something's faster doesn't make it better, if that were the case, cakes would be the best option, and we know that's not the case. Wait until you get your total yield from both, then decide what way to go, I think you'll start to love the poo.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

InvisibleCheeba
the shroomyqueen

Re: VERY interesting - thoughts welcome [Re: ALHOFF177A17]
    #1083937 - 11/25/02 08:39 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

okay, sorry for the lack of detailed info.  First off, that iguana spawned the poo with some EQ colonized grain.  The 1/2 pint cakes that he inherited were PF Classics.  (perhaps different strains are faster/slower?)
Second, the poo was fully colonized and creeping over the sides of the tub.  It was starting to run away on me...and it was excreating 'mycillium pee'...leading to believe that it was fully colonized to the point to where it was evacuating the excess moisture.  The casing mixture was 50% peat, 50% verm with enough hydrated lime to bring the pH up to 7.5(used a tester).  The moisture content was supremo. 
After casing the poo and the cakes, (poo had his own terrerium, cakes had their own)  everybody sat in the dark for 3 days at a temp of 79-80 degrees.  After day 3...everyone came out into the light and the temp was dropped to about 60-65 degrees.  This lasted for 2 days to when I started seeing mycillium poking through the soil on everybody.  Now everybodys tubs are sitting on moist perilite. 
The cakes that were cased now have millions of pins popping out so I turned on their bubbler to increase rH while they are fruiting out....yet the poo tubs are doing nothing accept increasing in superficial mycillium.  I am afraid that overlay may take over!!  :confused:  *freaking*
Hope this is enough info for someone to comment upon?
Love, Cheeba 

--------------------
Carpe Diem <*))))><

OfflineALHOFF177A17
DoWn RU?

#1084238 - 11/25/02 12:03 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Well, tell him he could always add more casing material. keep giving it lots of light I have a feeling your lizzards poo casing will explode too. Yes PF has been known to be a very fast fruiter. My cat's first grow was EQ (slow colonizer) and never got it to fruit due to contams. My cats second attempt was PF and Mazapetec. The maz took a little longer to fruit off of cakes while the PF casings that I innoculated at the same time almost had fuuly mature fruits.
Sometimes the mycellium will crawl up the sides of the tub. Not a problem, but he may be giving it too much misting.
If it does overlay dont fret your lizzard can scratch and recase. They'll be ok.
My cat got some bastard cakes once that had been left in the sun too long for warmth from a felion freind. He left them as cakes, put them on moist verm and got hundreds of pins that didnt do too much.

--------------------
www.DoWnClothing.COM

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

#1084240 - 11/25/02 12:03 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

In reply to:

The cakes that were cased now have millions of pins popping out so I turned on their bubbler to increase rH while they are fruiting out....

You wanna drop the rH when pins form. You should put the poo back in the incubator if you do not see mycelium in the casing layer.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #1084493 - 11/25/02 01:42 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Do not forget to factor in the "internal" temp of the poo substrate . You may have air temp of 78* , but in the middle of the sub it can be in excess of 88*F , this all depends on depth etc... , so maybe drop air temp 1-4 degrees . Do this a little at a time .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

InvisibleCheeba
the shroomyqueen

Re: VERY interesting - thoughts welcome [Re: tripndicular]
    #1084644 - 11/25/02 02:24 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks guys. :laugh: 

--------------------
Carpe Diem <*))))><

InvisibleCheeba
the shroomyqueen

#1090568 - 11/27/02 09:03 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

okay...my iguana threw the little bastards into the fridge the night before last. And today there is a pin...YAYYYYYYY!!!

--------------------
Carpe Diem <*))))><

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

#1091419 - 11/27/02 03:13 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

good job. I knew you could do it.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag