Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinescotsman1
addict
 User Gallery

Loc: guess
My Reasons for Growing.......whats yours
    #1084015 - 11/25/02 11:44 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

-

The main reason I started growing began when I quit drinking about 16 years ago and I began searching for my new drug of choice , I smoked more hash and bud but that was never enough I was always looking for more. This went on for years then I tried speed again and suddenly developed a taste for it we became speed freaks then began abusing it into, stay speeding for days on end it was mad. Another thing is your temper it give you a hair trigger temper, the slightest thing no matter how trivial and you would explode, road rage is common with speed users.

Ecstasy was next after 1 try we were hooked on those feelings the high it gives you to start with was unbelievably mind-blowing. So we were hooked on it every week 10 tabs for ?30 and we ended up doing up to 4 each because the body builds up a resistance to it like any other drug. Then we were mixing E with speed and on occasions adding a little cocaine and always hash. You smoke so many joints when your speeding it crazy because hash is the opp effect to speed. So for a few years we all had short tempers bags under our eyes and were in need of a good sleep constantly.

It was by chance I came across mushroom spores and equipment on the web. I was looking at a site that sold so called legal ecstasy type drugs when I came across mushroom kits, spores and all other gear associated with growing shrooms . I actually thought it must be a con because in all my drug taking years I had never heard one mention of growing mushrooms, we ate plenty wild ones but never grew any. I was wary because of never hearing about this before, could it be a con, must be a con I thought.

The site I was looking at sold kits, which included 10 plastic jars, a syringe, substrate and PFs booklet on how to grow. Go for it and take a chance so I sent for a kit, I now know that the kit was a waste of cash because what it contained I could have bought for half the money I paid for it but I sent off for it anyways.
I was still thinking this is not going to arrive, I have been conned, mushroom growing no way. When it did arrive I was like a child with a new toy, I couldn’t wait to get started I was already getting the buzz for it before I had even started but I was still wary.
I followed the instructions to the letter, well almost and before long I was seeing the cycle of the cubensis mushroom slowly develop before my eyes. From the first white dots on the jars to the first pins on the cake, so at last for the first time in 16 years I was thinking I had found my drug of choice, I was still to find out. My first trip on my own mushrooms was my best, well sort of the best but I was 100% convinced I had found my drug of choice. The idea of my own little shroom stash appealed to me, I had found my drug of choice.

Well the rest is history and along the way I met some great teachers and some very interesting people. Nan , Hippie, fishy1,serialkiller,mjshroomer to name but a few infact if I named the all it would take up all the room on the site. I love being part of the online community passing on what I know even though it is limited knowledge that I posses and helping with all aspects on the sites. Mycotopia , The Shroomery , FF and our new site Nansnook have all helped me for which I thank you all.
The future now for me is to grow more strains and different types of mushroom , learn more and still remain part of the online community because its so much fun. What bugs me is how secret you have to be about it, you want to tell people what you spend hours surfing the web for but one must keep quiet, you want to tell people but you cant. Number one rule, tell no one you grow and protect your on line identity and don’t abuse the sacred mushroom.
My brother in-laws mother is 78 and she is amazed at it, I explain the growing cycle to her and show her pictures and all the teks I print off, she asks my a lot of questions about it and has told me if she was younger she would be giving them a try. She’s one nice old lady who still has a genuine thirst for knowledge.

That’s it nothing more to add and nothing to take away.

scotsman

whats your reason?

--------------------
We're Bought and Sold
For English Gold

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: My Reasons for Growing.......whats yours [Re: scotsman1]
    #1084029 - 11/25/02 11:56 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Nice post but I don't see how it fits in this forum. I'm moving it to General Questions.. or Chill Out if you prefer..

I started growing after I found this website back in '99 while browsing Erowid. I haven't left since.

--------------------

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
    #1084116 - 11/25/02 01:04 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

1. i can't find acid easily enough
2. i don't trust buying shrooms
3. it's fun

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
    #1084142 - 11/25/02 01:18 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

my cat grows bescause mushrooms are his favorite psychedelic and he has so much fun experimenting.he can also ensure potency this way

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

OfflineShroomNewb
enthusiast
    #1084616 - 11/25/02 04:15 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

A cool thing bout magic mushrooms is they aren't addictive. I find it worthless to trip more than once or twice every month.

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
Re: My Reasons for Growing.......whats yours [Re: ShroomNewb]
    #1084869 - 11/25/02 05:54 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

i totally agree

Anonymous

Re: My Reasons for Growing.......whats yours [Re: Hamurabi]
    #1085178 - 11/25/02 08:02 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I am getting into mushroom cultivation for the same reason I started to brew my own beer. The process is as enjoyable as the end result. For some it's the haphazard following of a few instructions and a hope for the best. For me it's noting the subtle changes in technique and outcome. Always trying something new or trying to improve upon old Ideas. The satisfaction of enjoying the fruit of your labor.

InvisibleMr Wobblehead
WizardExtraordinary &Absolute CocoaSlut

Loc: They tell me it's a hospi...
    #1085543 - 11/25/02 10:27 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I used to be a severe alcoholic then went extremely mad on the chemicals as well. I got to the point that i didn't know what the fuck was going on any more. So I quit all drugs.

I started growing the shrooms because i still needed some escape from this shitty world occasionally, and i didn't want to go back to the booze or the chemicals. With shrooms I know exactly what i'm taking. Pure, organic, happy fungi. Watching them colonise and grow and looking after them is a great hobby, which such a nice reward at the end of it.

OfflineNatas
Natas
Re: My Reasons for Growing.......whats yours [Re: Mr Wobblehead]
    #1085706 - 11/25/02 11:08 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I grow because it is 100% legal where I live (you just cant dry the buggers) and also mushrooms are my drug of choice for inspiring me to become more intune to the rest of the world.... :smirk: 

Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ca$hville
Re: My Reasons for Growing.......whats yours [Re: Natas]
    #1085729 - 11/25/02 11:14 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Well there my favorite drug and my buddies will trade me bud for them which is my 2nd favorite drug. So all around its pretty nice.

OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

Loc: U.S.S.R.
Re: My Reasons for Growing.......whats yours [Re: resin]
    #1086621 - 11/26/02 04:41 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I do it because it sure makes driving the school bus a heck of a lot more fun!

OfflineLoop_Theorist
addict
    #1087098 - 11/26/02 10:24 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I grow to make like mad stacks of benjermans wit tha quicknes yo!!11.....

... thats a joke.

I grow becasue I am on a quest to uncover the mechanics of the universe, and I belive the mushroom will be my vehicle on this jurney. May we all live in interesting times.

-Loop

--------------------
Pack-tight, midnight, ship it to tha coast.
Some take tha plane, you, you on tha boat,
right beside tha money which right beside tha coke
Passin by tha coastgaurd, right under their nose.

To the US-HEY where anyone can getny, MIA all the way to New Your city, you a twenty now....

OfflineJovialLeprechaun
reasonableperson
    #1089925 - 11/27/02 05:22 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I do it to enrich the lives of my friends and I.

--------------------
I am a reasonable person.

InvisibleServator
Viral Agent

#1089932 - 11/27/02 05:24 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I do it for the bitches.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience