Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTsalagiSpirit
Reality Shattered
Male User Gallery

Loc: AK-49
Do Liberty Caps grow in Alaska?
    #10838742 - 08/11/09 10:36 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I was wondering because I live in a subarctic zone of AK which is the climate they live in but in two years of mushroom hunting I have never came across these guys. Any help would be very much appreciated.:mushroom2:

--------------------
:awesome: :flyhigh: :amanitajar: :getstoned: :bigkiss2:  :mushroomgrow:  :smirk:  :cloud9: :vaped:

Caution: All information on this post or from this account are fictional and images are for entertainment purposes only. I do not condone the use, sale, manufacture or distributation of controlled substances in any country.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejet li
The One
Male User Gallery

Loc: penis double yew
Re: Do Liberty Caps grow in Alaska? [Re: TsalagiSpirit]
    #10839509 - 08/11/09 01:11 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

They are more likely to grow where cattle have wandered.

Offlineweiliigod
N.Ga shroom hunter

Re: Do Liberty Caps grow in Alaska? [Re: jet li]
    #10839522 - 08/11/09 01:14 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Alaska
Gymnopilus sp.
Panaeolus ater
Panaeolus cinctulus
Psilocybe cyanescens

taken from http://www.shroomery.org/8461/Which-psilocybin-mushrooms-grow-wild-in-my-area

http://www.shroomery.org/9571/Psilocybe-semilanceata

BTW, Psilocybe semilanceata don't grow off cow dung. ( or alaska either..)

your best bet would be to go after Panaeolus cinctulus.. do some research and get out there!

Edited by weiliigod (08/11/09 01:15 PM)

Invisiblekoraks
    #10839523 - 08/11/09 01:14 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Yes.

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #10839526 - 08/11/09 01:14 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Do Liberty Caps grow in Alaska?

No, according to A Worldwide Distribution of Neurotropic Fungi and http://www.shroomery.org/8461/Which-psilocybin-mushrooms-grow-wild-in-my-area

You should look though, the habitat and climate seems right and I wouldn't be surprised if you made a discovery.

Invisiblekoraks
Re: Do Liberty Caps grow in Alaska? [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #10839533 - 08/11/09 01:15 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Oh. "No" then :shrug:

Offlineweiliigod
N.Ga shroom hunter

Re: Do Liberty Caps grow in Alaska? [Re: koraks]
    #10839543 - 08/11/09 01:17 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Lol Koraks, I was like what the hell?! when I saw you say "yes." I thought forshure that I got this one right.... lmao

Invisiblekoraks
Re: Do Liberty Caps grow in Alaska? [Re: weiliigod]
    #10839580 - 08/11/09 01:25 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I figured it should occur in Alaska as well, since it also is abundant on Iceland. However, I guess I misjudged the relatively mild climate of Iceland. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if liberty caps findings in southern Alaska pop up sooner or later. But I've never visited the place, so maybe I'm just plain wrong :laugh:

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Chemical Vacation
Re: Do Liberty Caps grow in Alaska? [Re: koraks]
    #10839612 - 08/11/09 01:30 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I don't see why they shouldn't grow in parts of Alaska (the lower regions that are close to the ocean to make for a generally moderate climate most of the year, that is). They grow pretty far up in Scandinavia, so I don't see a reason for them not growing in Alaska at all.

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

Offlineweiliigod
N.Ga shroom hunter

Re: Do Liberty Caps grow in Alaska? [Re: German Kahuna]
    #10839639 - 08/11/09 01:33 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I hope we have an alaskan poster posting some lib finds soon so we will finally know....haha

OfflineTsalagiSpirit
Reality Shattered
Male User Gallery

Re: Do Liberty Caps grow in Alaska? [Re: weiliigod]
    #10842907 - 08/11/09 10:55 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I live in south central Alaska, about 20-30 miles from the coastline.

--------------------
:awesome: :flyhigh: :amanitajar: :getstoned: :bigkiss2:  :mushroomgrow:  :smirk:  :cloud9: :vaped:

Caution: All information on this post or from this account are fictional and images are for entertainment purposes only. I do not condone the use, sale, manufacture or distributation of controlled substances in any country.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #10843204 - 08/12/09 12:08 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

i would not suspect P. semilanceata from alaska because of the lack of contiguous grasslands between the state and the northwest, or even eastern canada, the nearest places they are known to range. in both cases, there are obtrusive mountain ranges covered in thick belts of conifer forest. i simply don't know how they would expand to that area.

i would, however suspect the presence of P. pelliculosa in southeast alaska at least, and have suspected them for years. it's high on my agenda if i ever get the chance to return.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlineknarkkorven
Entheoholic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sweden Flag
Re: Do Liberty Caps grow in Alaska? [Re: canid]
    #10843398 - 08/12/09 01:01 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I would also suspect that they (libs) are out there, but it takes both luck and knowledge to find them.

The perfect habitat is not just a cow pasture, it is where the grass has the perfect amount of moisture, nutrients, moss, cow population in relation to the space etc. Look for habitat photos and find 100 of those pastures and I think you will find liberty caps.

And hunt when its getting cold enough to wear a jacket (and when you wished you had gloves). Temperatures in Alaska should be comparable with Iceland (google weather records).

I think the lack of reports is because the shroom experts have been there at the wrong time or in the wrong place (if they have searched in this state). Don't count on it's own population (<700000) to find and report them.

I mean, you have found them on both sides of Canada (BC, New Foundland, Nova Scotia, etc.). wouldn't surprise me if the zones are stretching north along the coast line.

The only way to know for sure is to look on the right places at the right time.

OfflineTsalagiSpirit
Reality Shattered
Male User Gallery

Re: Do Liberty Caps grow in Alaska? [Re: knarkkorven]
    #10843435 - 08/12/09 01:10 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Maybe I could send some tissue samples to someone for research. I mean with like 700,000 people in such a large area, I doubt Alaska has had any serious mycological studies up to date. Hell, maybe I could send sporeworks an Alaskan strain of Psilocybe Cyanescens! Whatever the case, mushroom season only started not to long ago, I would be very happy to contribute to the mycological community.

--------------------

OfflineVdzak
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Do Liberty Caps grow in Alaska? [Re: knarkkorven]
    #24903863 - 01/10/18 07:48 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I'm near Valdez Ak I'll look around this summer. I was in one of the snow dumps last year and think I found some liberties. I'll try n post a pic. Could be wrong.

OfflineLincolnCityTripper
Mushroom Maniac
Male User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
Re: Do Liberty Caps grow in Alaska? [Re: Vdzak]
    #24904176 - 01/10/18 09:48 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

:thumbdown: definitely not libs wait for a TI to tell you what they are.

OfflineLucisM
Nutritional Yeast

Re: Do Liberty Caps grow in Alaska? [Re: Vdzak]
    #24904239 - 01/10/18 10:07 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Vdzak said:
I'm near Valdez Ak I'll look around this summer. I was in one of the snow dumps last year and think I found some liberties. I'll try n post a pic. Could be wrong.

Appear to be some type of psathyrella or panaeolus, I thought pans at first because of zonate bands of color on caps and also how some are cracked.

Would like to see gills better to check for immature spore maturation and white edges, both are also signs of panaeolus.

--------------------
©️

OfflineGravity
Happy Learner
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. East Bay, San Francisc...
Re: Do Liberty Caps grow in Alaska? [Re: Lucis]
    #24904669 - 01/11/18 12:56 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Not to sound too harsh but those look nothing like liberty caps.  Also, you revised an 8 year old post. 

Here is a link to a page that may help: https://www.shroomery.org/8461/Which-psilocybin-mushrooms-grow-wild-in-my-area

Good luck but it doesn't look like much in the way of magic mushrooms grow I in our largest state.  Your best bet may be an indoor grow.

--------------------

Edibles Found and Eaten

Chantrelles  Blewits  Shaggly Parasols  Honey Mushrooms  Candy Caps

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies