Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMister.Sam
Stranger
First experiment with HBWR
    #10838513 - 08/11/09 09:38 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Howdy.

Bit of an introduction of myself here to the forums, as well as a very boring trip report.

First, a bit of background is perhaps in order. I am currently in the process of growing Cubensis (B+ strain), or at least looking at jars and wondering why the hell they're not doing much. I've never actually had the opportunity to try mushrooms or any other hallucinogen. My "resume" is therefore limited to marijuana and alcohol. I'm a pretty lonely / quiet experimenter, so my experience with both of these and other people is extremely limited if not entirely absent.

While in the process of waiting for that damned fuzzy mycelium to show up, I began browsing Erowid and these forums for an easily-accessed trip. I should probably note that I do not have access to anyone who can procure anything, so if I can't grow, produce, or find it more-or-less safely online, I can't really try it. Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds came up a few times and I decided to give them a whirl.

The first issue I ran into was finding a viable supplier. Browsing over a few posts here, I settled on IAmShaman.com (and, of course, feel free to moderate / delete that bit, given some ambiguous rules on naming suppliers). I grabbed some HBWR seeds (100 in two sets of 50) from there and they arrived over the weekend. I had work running the usual 9-5 gig on Monday as well as some music practice after. When my shift ended I got about 7 of the HBWR seeds, ground them up in a mortar and pestle, and let them soak for about two hours in lemon and lime juice.

A reiteration of my preparation:
7 seeds.
No scraping or buffering was done - tiny little orangish / brownish fuzzies were left on there.
Ground up to a coarse mill, kind of like large-grain coffee grounds.
Added about a tablespoon of lemon juice and a tablespoon of lime juice.
Waited two hours.
Downed with water.

I'm reiterating the above because, for my own experience, the lemon / lime concoction did not stave off the nausea (might've been the lime, but the next attempt I make at this will also get documented here with any other approaches I try). I had eaten previously, though not for about four hours or so. A glass of water before and after sufficed.

Five to ten minutes after consuming the seeds, my face started to feel really hot. Along with that came a lot of pressure in my head, resulting in a light headache - I'll assume an early effect on me for these was just to generally increase blood pressure. So I was feeling a little light-headed and tipsy within about fifteen minutes. My legs did not feel sore like a lot of people describe, but I did feel the need to move them a little. Add five minutes - (twenty minutes since dosage) - and the nausea kicked in. I was expecting it, so I was pretty relaxed about the process. "Ah, we're going to throw up now. Ok." So I did. Interesting side note - I hadn't realized prior to this that throwing up seems to occur by your abdomen muscles clenching quickly to force out the contents (sorry if that's gross). It was actually a pretty good workout for those muscles.

So I threw up, wandering into my living room, and sat on my couch to stare at the TV. Generally I don't consider this a good idea for at least marijuana, since I find it distracts me from the high. I munched a couple of Tums and the nausea went away after a couple of minutes (though my stomach felt odd for the rest of the night). The only discernible change for the next twenty minutes was the continued tipsy / light drunkenness, and my depth perception got a bit odd.

I've read a lot of people on marijuana seeing trails behind their hands while moving them quickly, as well as depth perception / distortion. I've never experienced this, but I did a little on the seeds. If I put my hand next to my face, it looked really damn large.

If I laid sideways on the couch and looked around the room, everything looked... sideways. Yes, you'd expect this - I WAS sideways - but the depth perception going off made the other side of the room look just slightly off kilt and tilted. I noticed this was a continuing issue over the next hour - if I found something that I could verify was at a right angle, it looked just a few degrees off. Again, no major changes or "tripping," just a fairly pleasant drunkenness.

Then I decided to go to sleep. This was about three hours since dosage. Let me outline something here:

When someone on this forum tells you that sleeping during a HBWR "trip" is impossible? Please listen.

Oh, I was fine lying there. Felt almost sober. But if I closed my eyes, my imagination went nuts. My train of thought would go wandering off, and I'd be putting images to those thoughts in my head. They were... pretty odd. I don't know how to describe them - probably something like a colorless intepretation of a Mechanical Poet album cover. There were also quite a few greyish / black fractals. They looked a bit like a Mandelbrot series.

If I opened my eyes, everything was normal. I also felt the need to move - not really convulsing, but close. Twitching felt like a good idea. But, once I closed my eyes... back into thoughtland. I couldn't sleep as a result (that, and my pulse stayed pretty rapid). I managed about an hour of sleep throughout the night with varying levels of consciousness.

Alas, nothing terribly interesting to report.

My next foray will, I think, involve a few more seeds (maybe I'll aim for ten), more finely ground up, soaked only in the lemon juice, and filtered for the solids, since I don't think they're necessary.

Anywho, howdy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSally D
Dap King

Loc: Maryland
Re: First experiment with HBWR [Re: Mister.Sam]
    #10838853 - 08/11/09 11:06 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I'm not too sure if this is true but I've heard if you can avoid throwing up it makes the trip much more intense.

--------------------
My 1st Grow! (Mexicana A & GT/B+)

My posts are all a illusion and if you see anything there then you should must be hallucinating.:shroomeryhead:

:murray: You are the man! Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

OfflineMister.Sam
Stranger
Re: First experiment with HBWR [Re: Sally D]
    #10838920 - 08/11/09 11:20 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Sally D said:
I'm not too sure if this is true but I've heard if you can avoid throwing up it makes the trip much more intense.

Since the contents of your stomach could conceivably contain more of the alkaloid to absorb, that's certainly possible. As I understand it, absorption of these materials is fairly rapid (in my case, I was feeling the onset of effects within ten minutes). Soaking in the lemon extract should largely pull out what's easily viable.

I thought about that at the time ("Hm.. if I throw this up, am I going to have to take more?"), but I weighed that against the possibility of continued nausea. Given that the drug so far is fairly cost-effective, I think it probably makes more sense to just take a larger dosage and do what you can to eliminate nausea altogether.

The nausea does appear to vary from person to person, but I have little evidence - anecdotal or otherwise - to gauge my own stomach in terms of sensitivity. Some of the research I did suggests that one of the causes of nausea is an alkaloid or inherent to one of the active compounds, ergo, it may be impossible short of breaking out a chemistry set to eliminate nausea to any reasonable extent for any given individual.

What you heard certainly makes sense (seems intuitive enough), but I'd wager that if you're feeling nausea such that throwing up seems imperative (and I hate nausea) it's probably better to just go ahead with it. You can always take more.

I'll continue to experiment with different approaches.

Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke

Loc: :seriousbusiness:
    #10838945 - 08/11/09 11:25 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

the character of HBWR varies from strain to strain

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

OfflineMister.Sam
Stranger
Re: First experiment with HBWR [Re: the bizzle]
    #10838980 - 08/11/09 11:32 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

"the character of HBWR varies from strain to strain"

Indeed, and I'm sure I'd see chemical variances from one seed to the next even from the same plant. I am, at least, hoping to be somewhat scientific within the constraint of the single strain / batch I have, and at least come to some conclusion about it.

One of my issues with trip reports I read is that you can very rarely get a clear idea of the anecdotal effects of a narcotic because the writers very typically mix contents with abandon.

I swear I've read some variant on this in at least half the trip reports:
"So there I wuz, my friends and I got, like, a couple of ounces of shrooms and then we smoked some weed and took some ecstasy and had a few shots and MAN it was intense."

So, in response, I'm going to continue with this batch of 100 seeds and continue with different methods to try and at least establish some sort of reasonably isolated set of conditions for reducing nausea and getting the most out of them. Given that I rarely have had similar highs on marijuana (even from the same bud), I'm going to conclude that I will fail to do so with any sort of scientific conclusion.

Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke

Loc: :seriousbusiness:
    #10839030 - 08/11/09 11:42 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

ginger root for nausea

use a CWE, and add peppermint oil or add to peppermint tea to further negate side effects

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract