Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Re: Newbie modified poor man's pod (indoor/outdoor) [Re: nastos]
    #10837744 - 08/11/09 03:37 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

In order for it to work you need to keep mid 70's temp. 99%rh. good light,and very good fae as thats the #1 pinning trigger. you really shoulnt even need the heater, thats old and outdated tek. think that heater is going to keep your bulk sub around 75? meaning your external temp really needs to be lower then 75 since the bulk sub will produce heat itself.

--------------------
TO ALL CULTIVATORS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385
We need more member like mycochef, he is truly a kind giving person. Just ask Noobie, mycochef hooked him up big time!
Fastest Cultivation WINNER!!!! NoOneKnowsHowToAct won it twice, must be doing something right:super:

Shoot me a pm if you would like a powerful custom laser built. :smile: 4th pic is a 1.3W 445nm laser burning thru some plastic makeup containers. Yes I was wearing proper safety goggles, otherwise I would be blind right now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCaliforniaLove
BlackIce
Male

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area
Re: Newbie modified poor man's pod (indoor/outdoor) [Re: nastos]
    #10837746 - 08/11/09 03:38 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

nastos said:
nice edit on the first post

yea i keep updating wat i forgot to add

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Re: Newbie modified poor man's pod (indoor/outdoor) [Re: CaliforniaLove]
    #10837751 - 08/11/09 03:40 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

so your going to maintain a mid to lower 70's temp right? even though your using a heater...

--------------------
TO ALL CULTIVATORS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385
We need more member like mycochef, he is truly a kind giving person. Just ask Noobie, mycochef hooked him up big time!
Fastest Cultivation WINNER!!!! NoOneKnowsHowToAct won it twice, must be doing something right:super:

Shoot me a pm if you would like a powerful custom laser built. :smile: 4th pic is a 1.3W 445nm laser burning thru some plastic makeup containers. Yes I was wearing proper safety goggles, otherwise I would be blind right now.

OfflineCaliforniaLove
BlackIce
Male

Re: Newbie modified poor man's pod (indoor/outdoor) [Re: TacoHerder]
    #10837755 - 08/11/09 03:43 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TacoHerder said:
so your going to maintain a mid to lower 70's temp right? even though your using a heater...

yes until fruiting then 86 for they are cubensis

Offlinenewtogrowing
Mr. Green smiles
Male

#10837758 - 08/11/09 03:44 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I pretty sure a temp drop causes pinning not increase

--------------------
[gradient:#FF0A0A,#03FF18]
:mushroom2:Got to try to get results, got to improve that to have success, have to be successful to work on perfection:mushroom2:

Pf Tek is the way to go, it's what I plan on sticking to, I fully support and suggest Pf Tek for everyone new or not, it's awesome it has results and is easy to follow.
[gradient:#FF0A0A,#05FF05]FREAK OF THA FAMILY[/gradient]

OfflineCaliforniaLove
BlackIce
Male

Re: Newbie modified poor man's pod (indoor/outdoor) [Re: newtogrowing]
    #10837764 - 08/11/09 03:48 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

newtogrowing said:

I was reading here and got the temps...

http://www.shroomery.org/5133/10-tips-for-Newbie-Growers

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

#10837767 - 08/11/09 03:49 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

CaliforniaLove said:
Quote:

TacoHerder said:

yes until fruiting then 86 for they are cubensis

see dude thats all wrong. LEARN YOUR HOBBY FIRST.. ideal temp is from 74 to 81. At 83 grow rate slows down and your risk for contams are raised a shit load. At 91 mycl starts to die. So if your temp is set to say 86, that means the internal temp is more like 90 degrees. which is bad.

--------------------

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

#10837774 - 08/11/09 03:50 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

CaliforniaLove said:
Quote:

newtogrowing said:

I was reading here and got the temps...

http://www.shroomery.org/5133/10-tips-for-Newbie-Growers

read the date on that thing, its from 06. outdated and  misinformed.

--------------------

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

#10837775 - 08/11/09 03:51 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

go type in all RR's notes. and read it ALL

--------------------

OfflineCaliforniaLove
BlackIce
Male

#10837779 - 08/11/09 03:52 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

yea i hear ya,

i read wat you were saying here:
http://www.shroomery.org/8485/How-do-I-initiate-pinning-on-a-casing

but thats even older haha

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

#10837781 - 08/11/09 03:52 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

#10837783 - 08/11/09 03:54 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

*And I've been trying to correct that disinformation for years. It's all based on a chart somebody mailed to stamets many years ago showing 86F to be the peak temperature for growth of cubensis on a petri dish, and everybody just accepts it as though Moses carried it down from the mountain on a tablet of stone. However, every single experiment I did to try to duplicate that with extremely accurate temperature monitoring was unable to verify that bogus 86F figure. What I have repeatedly found regardless of strain is that cubensis colonization remains rather flat from about 75F through 81F. Beginning at 83F, the rate of growth falls off sharply. By 86F, growth has slowed down nearly 50% what it was between 75f and 81F. These experiments were conducted on petri dishes that produce little to no heat because of the very thin layer of mycelium. In jars, up to several degrees of heat is produced by the colonizing mycelium; so definitely don't go over 80F to 81F if you're looking for maximum rate of growth. Furthermore, bacteria and thermophilic molds such as Mucor, the black pin mold are stimulated by higher temperatures. Therefore using an incubator set to 86F is certainly favoring bacteria and molds, while slowing down mushroom mycelium growth. Below is a picture of one of my colonization shelves. It sits in my bedroom at normal room temperature and quart jars of rye berries colonize fully in ten days, and pf jars colonize fully in 14 to 21 days, but usually closer to 14. How often do we see posts where people have incubators set at 86F, and they're asking why their jars aren't colonized after four to five weeks, and they have large spots of yellow liquid forming? The liquid is metabolites that the mycelium secretes in response to stress, usually from competitor molds and/or bacteria. What has happened, is they've slowed down the mycelium while stimulating the competitors. COLONIZATION

--------------------

OfflineCaliforniaLove
BlackIce
Male

#10837785 - 08/11/09 03:54 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

holy shit well thanks for the link

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

#10837788 - 08/11/09 03:57 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Im still reading all that info he gave us. It answers so many questions...

--------------------

Offlinenewtogrowing
Mr. Green smiles
Male

#10837789 - 08/11/09 03:57 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

You can find alot of outdated info check the dates read through some peoples threads, I actually have some shit in my threads about temps I think

--------------------
:mushroom2:Got to try to get results, got to improve that to have success, have to be successful to work on perfection:mushroom2:

Pf Tek is the way to go, it's what I plan on sticking to, I fully support and suggest Pf Tek for everyone new or not, it's awesome it has results and is easy to follow.

OfflineCaliforniaLove
BlackIce
Male

#10837794 - 08/11/09 03:59 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

alright cool guys thanks for the help

Offlinenewtogrowing
Mr. Green smiles
Male

#10837796 - 08/11/09 04:05 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Fo shizznizzle

--------------------

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Newbie modified poor man's pod (indoor/outdoor) [Re: newtogrowing]
    #10839107 - 08/11/09 11:57 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

way more hasle than its worth. It may or may not work, and if it does work results would most likely be poor.

So whos going to find it>? Parents? Big no/.

If you dont have your own place, forget about growing its a bad idea.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlinenastos
secret secretions
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Newbie modified poor man's pod (indoor/outdoor) [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10839148 - 08/11/09 12:03 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

im just curious as to where the jars are colonizing if he can hide jars inside surely a fc of sorts can be hidden inside

--------------------
:shrug:

OfflineCaliforniaLove
BlackIce
Male

Re: Newbie modified poor man's pod (indoor/outdoor) [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10839172 - 08/11/09 12:07 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

veda_sticks said:
way more hasle than its worth. It may or may not work, and if it does work results would most likely be poor.

So whos going to find it>? Parents? Big no/.

If you dont have your own place, forget about growing its a bad idea.

why do u suspect results to be poor?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck