Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepsilopod
P'funk
Male User Gallery

Re: Substrate Not Colonizing (she kicked into gear :) [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10781867 - 08/01/09 07:26 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I'd avoid it if I could but I'm strapped for cash as of now so tap water is going to have to do.  I'm adjusting the pH on it and everything seems fine.  All the trays are steadily making moves, I'm not sure how long it will take them to fully colonize.

We need to get some more fruiting trays of some sort as we have some more jars that are ready and another round just started.  I'm loving this grain to grain stuff :smile:

--------------------
This and all posts are the work of an imaginary character known as psilopod. Don't believe this rambling drivel, none of it's real, it's fake, it's an illusion, strictly for entertainment purposes. With that being said, enjoy.

Turning Dreams Into Reality

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleanonjon
Partially Right
Re: Substrate Not Colonizing [Re: Bassgasm]
    #10781965 - 08/01/09 07:42 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Bassgasm said:
Lemme see,

If you squeezed the 60/40 by hand till it only gave off a few drops of water. Did you give it a hard squeeze or a gentle squeeze?

Because if you did squeeze hard, it probablly messesd up your moisture content in it bro, usually people check their saturation with gentle squeezes.

Mmm
Squeeze it gently
Squeeze it slowly
Take it easy
Don't you know
Manure has never been loved like this before...

--------------------
The above post is fictional, hypothetical, or downright nonsensical.

:moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:    :moon:

Offlinepsilopod
P'funk
Male User Gallery

Re: Substrate Not Colonizing [Re: anonjon]
    #10784229 - 08/02/09 06:45 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Bob Ross does Poo Pasteurization, lmao :laugh:

--------------------
This and all posts are the work of an imaginary character known as psilopod. Don't believe this rambling drivel, none of it's real, it's fake, it's an illusion, strictly for entertainment purposes. With that being said, enjoy.

Offlinepsilopod
P'funk
Male User Gallery

#10784655 - 08/02/09 09:37 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

There's a little bit of fuzziness ontop of the one casing but I'm not sure if it's mold.  It's only really in the spots where the mycelium is popping through so I figured it could be that, but I'm also thinking that it may be cob web mold or something like that.  I'm thinking about spraying it down with some hydrogen peroxide or some bleach.

--------------------

Offlinepsilopod
P'funk
Male User Gallery

#10784891 - 08/02/09 10:29 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

sprayed it down with a bleach solution and the fuzz was knocked down.  I'm hoping that it doesn't come back.

--------------------

Offlinepsilopod
P'funk
Male User Gallery

Re: Substrate Not Colonizing (she kicked into gear :) [Re: psilopod]
    #10802005 - 08/04/09 10:13 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

spawned two plastic propagation trays today, they're about 10x20 or so.  I spawned a quart to each in a mix of coco and h-poo 50/50.  It's prolly 2.5-3" of substrate, kept it on the thinner side due to the larger area of the tray.  The labeling on the jars got smudged off so I've been avoiding mixing them, though I here that it will work like a multi-spore inoculation.  I'll avoid it while I can and just take some clones/isolates later.

--------------------

Offlinepsilopod
P'funk
Male User Gallery

#10810252 - 08/06/09 09:07 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

first three trays are almost colonized; one of them basically is.  I'll be making up a casing layer and pinning pretty soon.  Also did up two more trays and some more jars.  I can't wait for these little bastards to start popping out.

peace
psilo

--------------------

Invisibleanonjon
Partially Right

#10822265 - 08/08/09 11:37 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

pics? :smile:

--------------------

Offlinepsilopod
P'funk
Male User Gallery

Re: Substrate Not Colonizing (she kicked into gear :) [Re: anonjon]
    #10825402 - 08/08/09 11:13 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

sorry bro, no camera for now.  The one tray looked like it might have had cobb web so I hit it w/ hydrogen peroxide, hopefully that keeps the nasty out.  We'll see.  I have a bunch of jars that need to get spawned anyways, but I hate to see a fallen soldier.  Hopefully we saved him.

--------------------

Offlinepsilopod
P'funk
Male User Gallery

#10830301 - 08/09/09 09:45 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

The first tray smells a little funny and I'm thinking about hucking it.  I don't really want to chance it.  We've got 4 other trays started up already and will prolly do up another one or two tomorrow.  We need to get some more trays after that though.  For now I'm reusing old propagation trays.  I know that it's practically impossible to estimate how much a tray will yield, but I'd kind of like to guesstimate a little.  Not that it will really do any good but I'm curious none the less.  The trays are a little thinner, prolly only 3-3.5" deep and 1'x2', guessing.  So that's 2 sq. ft.  I don't remember if it was the same on all of them but I know the last two got spawned with 2 quarts WBS.  So going from the 2-4 lbs/sq ft mark and cutting it down for substrate thickness, I'm going to guesstimate at about 4 oz a tray, most likely a little less, but who knows for certain.

--------------------

Offlinepsilopod
P'funk
Male User Gallery

#10833177 - 08/10/09 01:47 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Well, I checked back in on the schmelly tray as I was thinking about hucking it.  Low and behold there's a bunch of pins popping up off the bastard even though it's not totally colonized.  So, I guess we'll just put it in there and test the little buggers out.  It'll be a good tray to test the environment of the FC with.  I miscounted as well, there's 5 other trays besides that one, plus whatever else we whip up in the mean time.

--------------------

Invisibleanonjon
Partially Right

#10834177 - 08/10/09 04:32 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Dont the pins on the schmelly ones always end up aborting?

--------------------

Offlinepsilopod
P'funk
Male User Gallery

Re: Substrate Not Colonizing (she kicked into gear :) [Re: anonjon]
    #10836203 - 08/10/09 09:51 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I'm not totally sure, but I've noticed that the smell seems to be dissipating since spraying it with hydrogen peroxide.  We'll see though, so far they look decent.  It's not a crazy pinset or anything, but there's definitely a couple, two, tree :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags