Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
Re: S H P O N G L E [Re: Strumpling]
    #1118649 - 12/06/02 09:44 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

heheheheh

everyone should definitely buy the album Tales of the Inexpressible!!!

i'm not even going to recommend tracks, because you should discover them yourself :smile:

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Loc: BC
    #1119217 - 12/07/02 01:25 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, I downloaded the album are you shpongled?. Very sweet. Going to go get really ripped and listen to it.

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

Loc: U.S.S.R.
Re: S H P O N G L E [Re: juicemonkey]
    #1119408 - 12/07/02 04:46 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Don't DL the album man. Support Posford and Raja or we won't get music like this if they see that no money is coming on. So please order it or buy it or whatever. besides, if you haven't noticed the posts at all, you will be pleasently suprised at the differences between the CD and the MP3s.

good luck

p.s. Talked to Shrumping and thought I would share. I agree with what he says. Tales is more of a spiritual, uplifting album while are you shpongled is more psychedelic and covers more grounds in terms of emotional range, ect. Shroom on one and then the other for two completely different effects.

!!! :smirk: 

Offlinelivingsublime
Stranger

Re: S H P O N G L E [Re: YellowSubmarine]
    #1119543 - 12/07/02 08:45 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Hey guys after hearing some much about shpongle I am planning on going at and buying them,hopfully my local music store has them.Quick question:how exactly do I pro-nounce shpongle?I just want to know how to say the name right when I go and ask for it!
Thanks!

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: S H P O N G L E [Re: livingsublime]
    #1119976 - 12/07/02 01:51 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

you pronounce it like songle only with a hp in there ;-)

Sh Pon Gull - Shpongle.

oh and yellowsubmarine, I have to disagree with you a bit:

"Are You Shpongled?" is indeed more psychedelic, a bit darker of an album in general, and a bit crazier than Tales.

"Tales of the Inexpressible" is more uplifting and carries a wider range of textures and emotions than AYS, in my opinion.

I've studied both albums very closely, as is obvious to those who see me preaching Shponglism around the forum here, and really can't decide which one I like better - they're both so different. I thought Tales of the Inexpressible was better when I had mp3s, but after I bought the albums I realized how much deeper this stuff goes, and there's no way to judge which is "better."

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

#1120063 - 12/07/02 02:39 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I remember when Are You Shpongled first came out, I listened to it alot, but never really found the whole album to be a front-to-back listening experience.  Then Tales came out... WOAH! 

Some of the songs on Shpongled tend to "go crazy" in their second halves, ala traditional Posford/Hallucinogen style.  It was like, the first half was so good, what happened??... I would just fast forward to the next song.

Whereas in Tales I like how the whole album nearly flows as one song, so I pick that as my favorite :smile:  Its also got catchier melodies :smile:

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

#1120070 - 12/07/02 02:42 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

nothing can beat the "ooooooo"s on Star Shpongled Banner  :smile:

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

#1120074 - 12/07/02 02:44 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

OMFG strump, you post way too much. lol ive been here for nearly a year (lost pwd to other nick) and you already have three times the posts i do...

YOURE A MACHINE!

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

OfflineInFecTeD-FuRY
wannabericer
Loc: Monroe, WA
    #1120165 - 12/07/02 03:45 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

************Shpongle Spores isn't even considered one of the "great" Shpongle tracks - man you're in for a treat with those cds

arent the BEST songs the ones that get no attention as a "good" song anyways, hehe at least i think so with most albums i buy, i end up completly loving one song way more than the single out at the time...and then theyll go and make that song as the 2nd single then i get sick of that song.....damn radio overplaying stuff ..........ANYWAY

i still havent bought a sphongle album even tho ive been meaning to for a while, ill prolly order it online next friday when i get payed, im just gonna get one for now, and itll prolly be their first one, then buy the 2nd cd and see how they evolve

Edited by InFecTeD-FuRY (12/07/02 03:49 PM)

OfflineInFecTeD-FuRY
wannabericer
Loc: Monroe, WA
Re: S H P O N G L E [Re: InFecTeD-FuRY]
    #1120169 - 12/07/02 03:47 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

HAHAHAHAH better yet ill find a way to get BOTH cds for christmas :cool:

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Loc: BC
    #1120338 - 12/07/02 06:05 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Sometimes people piss me off SO fucking much around here.  Just the ignorant retards :wink:

IF you paid attention...In the post before, I said I was going to go buy the two albums(because I had just listened to shpongle spores and really liked it).  Then strumpling said something like, "that isn't even considered one of the best tracks.  You'll really enjoy the albums for sure".  SO...i went and downloaded the one album(and of course...it's awesome). 

So basically saying...take your foot out of your mouth.  I am going to go buy the albums

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

Offlinee_smokah
pizza slut

Loc: up michigan
Re: S H P O N G L E [Re: user_exists]
    #1120736 - 12/07/02 09:33 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

i couldn't pick up their cds for my trip today but.. FUCK i went crazy today listening to the sixth revelation.. the music was very 3 dimentional and colorful. i ordered the first cd, and will be ordering the second one shortly

OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

Loc: U.S.S.R.
Re: S H P O N G L E [Re: e_smokah]
    #1121603 - 12/08/02 04:34 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah...ignorant retards... nice pairing of the two

:wink:

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: S H P O N G L E [Re: e_smokah]
    #1122271 - 12/08/02 02:36 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

The 6th Revelation is the newest "released" Shpongle track - its on the Mystery of the Thirteen Crystal Skulls compilation project.... Its an excellent track in general - but doesn't really sound much like any of the other Shpongle stuff - there's not really as much sonic trickery involved.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

Offlineseraphim
pugilist andstamp licker

Loc: brooklyn, ny
    #1143543 - 12/15/02 02:13 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

ahh, i love that all you guys are into shpongle. i got tales recently after d-loading a lot of it ( i am one of those guys who willbuy a cd i can downlaod if i like it and the artist enough). i really want are you?
i was lucky enough to see x-dream, astral projection, sun project and some other stuff in nyc back when tsunami was really on. i highly reccommend everyone to see these guys if possible.
anyone here ever make it to tsunami in nyc? esp when it was at vinyl? incredible scene.

--------------------
trying to lose the monkey mind a little bit

OfflineMoon_Tea_Brewer
Stranger

#1143913 - 12/15/02 04:42 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Alright I give; the suspense is killing me.
Where can I download some of this Shpongle and see what it sounds like?

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: S H P O N G L E [Re: Moon_Tea_Brewer]
    #1144001 - 12/15/02 05:22 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

First CD - "Are You Shpongled?" <- low-quality samples near the bottom of the page

Second CD - "Tales of the Inexpressible" <- low-quality samples near the bottom of the page

Both CDs are completely different, so if you don't seem to dig the samples from one, check out the other one anyway... and on top of that, every track is completely different, and these samples are very low-quality.

The only way to truely experience it is to take some psychedelics and actually listen to the real CDs.

--------------------

Edited by Strumpling (12/15/02 05:29 PM)

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: S H P O N G L E [Re: Moon_Tea_Brewer]
    #1144242 - 12/15/02 07:05 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

OfflineT0aD
Stranger

Re: S H P O N G L E [Re: Sheepish]
    #1144391 - 12/16/02 12:17 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I downloaded some songs and I seem to like only Divine Moments Of Truth.
I like Sacred Spirit,a nd like dt them alot :smile:

--------------------
Cuba Libre

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: S H P O N G L E [Re: T0aD]
    #1144506 - 12/16/02 03:39 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

nobody ever believes how different:

A.. how different the CDs are compared to mp3s

B. how different the CDs are on psychedelics

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag