Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehousecat
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Overwrite bad experience
    #10831380 - 08/10/09 01:16 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Can you overwrite a bad trip (or series of) by tripping again? Mind you, recovery isn't really the world, just enhancement of current state. I feel like myself, I just feel very un-enthusiastic about life most of the time currently and I was thinking about tripping again. I had 3 trips about 5 months ago and have been getting better and better after being messed up for a while.

--------------------

My beautiful hookah

"in the 60's people took acid to make the world seem weird. Now the world is weird, and people take prozac to make it seem normal."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineiluvfungi
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA USA Flag
Re: Overwrite bad experience [Re: housecat]
    #10831395 - 08/10/09 01:24 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Pain/Negativity is a very important part of life. Learn to live through negative experiences and see the other side. This is ying and yang, it is part of life, and only idiots who think they can deny this existence end up screwing themselves.

Offlinehousecat
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Male

Re: Overwrite bad experience [Re: iluvfungi]
    #10831443 - 08/10/09 01:53 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I know, and prior to these trips pain/negativity really wasn't a part of my life, which is unfortunate. I know what it's like to be sad, but I'm a strong human being.

--------------------

My beautiful hookah

"in the 60's people took acid to make the world seem weird. Now the world is weird, and people take prozac to make it seem normal."

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #10831541 - 08/10/09 02:54 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, I think you can.

Offlinehousecat
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Male

Re: Overwrite bad experience [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #10831606 - 08/10/09 03:33 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MisterMuscaria said:
Yes, I think you can.

Personal experience??

--------------------

My beautiful hookah

Offlinemushmoon
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: Australia, NSW
    #10831877 - 08/10/09 07:17 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, you can.
I had taken LSD a few times, and then one time I got absolutely screwed by a bad trip and pretty much was mentally scarred by it, losing a fair bit of self confidence in myself... for no real reason, really it's weird. After this I decided not to have any more for atleast a while. After about 6 or 7 months of not having any, I found an amount of mushrooms. I had them for the first time at my house with some friends and had a bad trip again, not feeling like i could talk to anybody or relate, basically feeling like a loner everytime i took psychadelics. That is not my real self, but  for some reason my mind would continuously over anaylse myself in such a bad way, everything that i would look at or do would have some kind of negative symbol towards my life. It was like there was always some kind of evil LSD/Mushroom god watching over me, controlling things around me and making sure everything would go wrong for me.. it is so hard to explain.

A few days after this trip, I decided that I wanted to face it again and beat it, and had some more with the same group of friends. This turned out to be a great magical day in the sun and look forward to the next time :smile:. I guess it has all got to do with your mindset at the time, and not letting the evil omens rule your life for 6 hours.

InvisibleBiG_StroOnZ
Male User Gallery

Re: Overwrite bad experience [Re: iluvfungi]
    #10831899 - 08/10/09 07:29 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

iluvfungi said:
This is ying and yang....only idiots...

Only idiots call it ying and yang... it's yin and yang, now back to the discussion.

Offlinehousecat
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Male

Re: Overwrite bad experience [Re: mushmoon]
    #10836298 - 08/10/09 10:07 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I too used to continuously analyze myself in a negative way. I was filled with regret a lot of the time for doing shrooms and "ruining my life." I would wake up and feel alright and then suddenly I would remember I "ruined my life" and it would all flood back in and I would feel shitty, and I would also be pissed at myself for being unable to enjoy myself simply because my I thought my brain had been ruined. My brain was truly my enemy at that period. Humans function better when their brain is on their side :smile:

--------------------

My beautiful hookah

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

#10836512 - 08/10/09 10:41 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Ask yourself this, housecat:

Did your last trip teach you a negative thought or did it break a foundation you had lived on for your life?

If your last trip tought you something negative, then perhaps you were blind to something previously. But alternatively, perhaps you just learned a maladaptation, like a phobia (which is where an appropriate response blows out of proportion).
If you learned something that you can do without, perhaps you can learn to do without it.
But theres always the chance that the thing you learned was really something that is in your life that you had been ignorant towards before, in which case you might not be able to just 'unlearn' it (which is a process or re-learning).

IF, however, you feel like youre broken, i dunno how much tripping is going to help. If something seems missing that used to always be there, then the only way to get it back may be to live your life again as you did all those years of growing up, to find what you lost, before it is too late.

I doubt the latter IF is the case though

--------------------

Offlinehousecat
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Male

Re: Overwrite bad experience [Re: Noteworthy]
    #10849610 - 08/12/09 10:26 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Noteworthy said:

IF, however, you feel like youre broken, i dunno how much tripping is going to help. If something seems missing that used to always be there, then the only way to get it back may be to live your life again as you did all those years of growing up, to find what you lost, before it is too late.

I doubt the latter IF is the case though

I found this extremely pessimistic, and fortunately it is not the case. My trips weren't that bad, I had good times too, and my last trip ended with laughter although I still felt empty. I only did small amounts and didn't experience the worst-case scenarios, I didn't think the devil was in my brain and trying to burst out or something awful like that. I think it was more the fact that I had 3 trips in a short duration. I've made a remarkable comeback, my first 1-2 months I wasn't even capable of making sociable chatter with a fellow human being. Now I'm back to my similar self however I still have depressing thoughts, and I don't only blame mushrooms I've also come to kind of blame pot.

My brother is psychotic-depressed and it all happened in the last year. He became depressed because me and my friends, which were also his friends, began smoking pot. He didn't want to smoke pot and we slowly drifted apart. He'll be fine though, he's come through bullshit like this before. He's a weak person mentally, but he always manages to come over. Right now I think he's just learning a very hard lesson, maybe a similar lesson that shrooms taught me.

I guess I'm wrong with that because I wouldn't necessarily say shrooms taught me a lesson, I would just say they made me into a shittier human being, and slowly I became less and less shitty and I didn't appreciate what I've taken for granted after I became less shitty either. I didn't learn any values that I was previously lacking, I may have even lost some. The worst thing about hallucinogens is that a bad experience leaves you not only with a bad trip on your hand, but lasting negative damage. Some would say that the bad after-effects of these drugs are simply a time to learn about yourself. I would disagree.

When I sit around by myself sometimes I think things like "maybe I should be a journalist" and then I think "I could've been a journalist if I'd never done drugs." I understand that this is kind of ridiculous. No matter what, I've got a very strong mind and can see through a lot of problems unlike my brother. An example, when I was feeling shitty after the 3 trips, without any knowledge, I knew things couldn't be this bad for the rest of my life. I KNEW things would get better, and they did, so I'm actually happy that things have turned out well. I'm still left with some painful negative effects, which is why I made this post :frown:

--------------------

My beautiful hookah

Offlineklondike_bar
Trekker
Male User Gallery

#10849671 - 08/12/09 10:38 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I had a bad experience last summer that left me with a weird sort of existential depression for several months later. Id feel like i wasnt important/life wasnt important/whats the point of living if youll just die and thats it?

these feelings subsided through the continuous self-reinforcement that it wasnt true, and that there is a purpose to life, even if there is nothing beyond it.

later, a 2c-t-2 experience helped complete the last small step of the recovery, as i began to understand that life is worth living in the present, not when you die.

Offlinehousecat
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Male

Re: Overwrite bad experience [Re: klondike_bar]
    #10850695 - 08/13/09 02:25 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Well the thing is at one point in my life, living meant so damn much to me. And then suddenly in a one week time span life lost all of it's meaning, and me and my best friend stopped sharing the good connection we used to have. The bottom line is I'll never ever NEVER commit suicide. I have loved life and I have hated life, and I've also never been clinically depressed. I've just been very, very sad.

--------------------

My beautiful hookah

Offlinesacred_mushroom
Growing now
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
    #10850792 - 08/13/09 03:17 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I would say it is possible.  I was in a bad way for a while following a some psychedelic meddling and felt the only way I could reverse it would be to go back and start over.  I ended up dropping a few hits of acid and had a great experience. I felt much better after the trip.  I went into the experience with a clear intention; most likely the reason it helped so much.

--------------------
Older and wiser, but not old and not wise.

Edited by sacred_mushroom (08/13/09 03:18 AM)

Offlinehousecat
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Male

Re: Overwrite bad experience [Re: sacred_mushroom]
    #10860421 - 08/14/09 03:56 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I always advise people against psychedelic meddling, and tell them to be extremely cautious. I've got a lot of people excited about doing shrooms but I always warn them that there's a darker side to it. So yeah I'm really thinking of tripping and I want to do it with my best friend but I don't think he's ready for it yet.

--------------------

My beautiful hookah

Offlinehousecat
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Male

#10861105 - 08/14/09 06:12 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Bump
Has having a good trip ever reawakened your enthusiasm about living life? Has it made you more apt to enjoy it?

--------------------

My beautiful hookah

OfflineI AM SWIM
doin' thangs
 User Gallery

Loc: Feels Changsta Man
    #10861877 - 08/14/09 09:11 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

housecat said:
Can you overwrite a bad trip (or series of) by tripping again?

Yes it sure can.

--------------------

OfflineSummerDaisies
Out of Retirement
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rocky Mountain High Or at...
Re: Overwrite bad experience [Re: I AM SWIM]
    #10861901 - 08/14/09 09:15 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I AM SWIM said:
Quote:

housecat said:

Yes it sure can.

agreed 100%

--------------------
[quote]Abuse said:
summerfaggot is one of the biggest cunts on this site.[/quote]

InvisibleSebastien
Don't look!
Male

Re: Overwrite bad experience [Re: SummerDaisies]
    #10862207 - 08/14/09 10:11 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

SummerDaisies said:
Quote:

I AM SWIM said:
Quote:

housecat said:

Yes it sure can.

agreed 100%

Not only will it erase most of these feelings about the previous trips, it really refreshes the way you see tripping.
It's kind of like driving a car a few days after you crash it, it's that feeling of building back confidence.

Offlinesacred_mushroom
Growing now
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
    #10863295 - 08/15/09 01:47 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

housecat said:
Has having a good trip ever reawakened your enthusiasm about living life? Has it made you more apt to enjoy it?

Tripping has definatley opened my eyes to the marvel of existence.. I wouldn't say it has made me more apt to enjoy it, although, i'm much more likely to appreciate it.

--------------------
Older and wiser, but not old and not wise.

Offlinebirdbrain84
we are living in the future
Female User Gallery

Loc: nv
    #10863333 - 08/15/09 02:01 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

housecat said:
Bump

i used to be depressed all the time,
but after doing shrooms..and other things..it made me really happy, its as if i learned how to be happy
well not really.., i dont know how to explain it
its kind of like the shrooms made me permanently happy.. sure theres some times when im sad or pissed off, but overall im a really happy person and now i enjoy life way more than i used to.
:smile2:

so yes. it did excactly that.

--------------------
I don't suffer from insanity, i enjoy every minute of it.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies