Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon pH Test Strips, Pink Floyd, Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineJamo
Male

Psychedelic drugs and Asperger's Autism
    #10828194 - 08/09/09 04:56 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Since that is my first post in this amazing community, I want to begin with a sincere hello to all. I apologize in advance for flawed language - my native language is German.

I've been reading a lot on the topic of autism and wrote an important term paper about it. In my social circle there are two people which are "suffering" (definitely flawed ^^) from Asperger's autism, none of them has had psychedelic experiences. In the paper I was theorizing about the possible nature of autism as a deviation of the brain's information filtering and postprocessing mechanisms. Psychedelic drugs are believed by many to unfold their effects by acting on these filtering mechanisms (which are of course still far from being understood completely). I would therefore appreciate it if there were any Asperger's autists on these boards that had psychedelic experiences (especially psilocybin, since its the one which I am most experienced with, besides LSA and Salvia) who are willing to report if they experienced it differently than non-autistic people (hard to tell anyway, but extremely different experiences could be recognized by comparing them to the "average" psychedelic experience).

In case that post belongs to the psychedelic experience section, I apologize.

Edited by Jamo (08/09/09 04:58 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous #1

Re: Psychedelic drugs and Asperger's Autism [Re: Jamo]
    #10830288 - 08/09/09 11:42 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I have aspergers syndrom myself.
I feel that psychedelic drugs allow me to feel like a person without aspergers syndrom temporarily or atleast give me a feeling that mimics empathy.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #10834669 - 08/10/09 07:34 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I have symptoms of aspergers, in the past they were much more prominent. I feel that psychedelics make us more aware. As we become aware corrections can be made

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Offlinecsrpj
no one's a stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: bay area, california
Re: Psychedelic drugs and Asperger's Autism [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #10837672 - 08/11/09 05:11 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

interesting...

curious - for the last two posters and others, have you ever had molly?

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Psychedelic drugs and Asperger's Autism [Re: csrpj]
    #10838785 - 08/11/09 12:50 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

One positive note about Asperger's. if a person with this disorder decides to learn something then they get damn good at whatever they decide to learn. One can always play to their strengths. I would seriously hesitate to call Asperger's a disability.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineAsanteA
low dose - high adventure
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Netherlands Flag
    #10839674 - 08/11/09 03:41 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

A former friend of mine has Asperger's and used psychedelics.

During his two periods of psychedelics use his impulse control severely disrupted and he started to get more and more into delusional thinking and became more odd from the outside world's point of view.

The last psychedelics session he took resulted in him locking himself into his bedroom, completely trashing the place screaming like a caveman at 4 AM, and then collapsing into a psychologically devastated state which lasted more than 12 hours after the psychedelics wore off.

MDMA did much, much good for him. It was Good Medicine for him in the best sense of the word.

Weed was like heroin to him, severe addiction and smoking himself so silly he got severe panic attacks with paranoia.. then when it wore off 45 min later him lighting up again. Weed enhanced his impulsiveness, oddness and self-destructive tendencies.

If you got Asperger's, or know someone who does and has psychedelic interests, I from my limited experiences with an Aspergers sufferer would recommend against weed and psychedelics, but in strong favor of MDMA.

--------------------
CDC  COVID  SELF-CHECKER  :syringe:  COVID  MAIN  THREAD  #2
Get 1 month's supplies in case of illness or calamity and help loved ones.
Strengthen your friendship ties - and exchange more favors and advice !

OMNICYCLIC YOU  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI

personal Ethereum gifts w/o strings attached are very welcome at:
0x9e107aC7656A4b2Fc295Ef5157f06B8E313D7aFa    Ethereum?

OfflineJamo
Male

Re: Psychedelic drugs and Asperger's Autism [Re: Asante]
    #10840010 - 08/11/09 04:45 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

No, my interest in autism has nothing to do with me or my Asperger friends. I have tried not to sound like referring to Asperger's syndrom as a disability. But it is difficult to achieve that level of objectivity in a foreign language. I apologize. One of my Asperger friends has an ambitious hobby - learning about Germany's railway network. A few more years and he won't need any schedules anymore :smirk:

Thanks for the constructive responses. Interesting to read conflicting reports.

Edited by Jamo (08/11/09 04:47 PM)

Offlinedoyoutrip
Marijuana Enthusiast
Male

Loc: Sunny D
    #10841726 - 08/11/09 09:35 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Hmm it might to do with how prevalent the symptoms of Aspergers is within the individual.

Maybe it had to do with how well each person coped with stress/new environments

This is definitely interesting and i hope to see more like it:hippie:

--------------------
"Going about niiinneettyy
On the freeway choking
Ain't no mystery to the weed we smokin'"

"Started from weed, big smoke outs before you could exhale, blunt in your mouth"

:potleaf::getstoned::potleaf:

Invisiblesterbeklang
w/e
Male

Loc: Filthy Rock
    #10843171 - 08/12/09 01:59 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
If you got Asperger's, or know someone who does and has psychedelic interests, I from my limited experiences with an Aspergers sufferer would recommend against weed and psychedelics, but in strong favor of MDMA.

OMFG, imagine if you could go to the psychiatrist and get a prescription for MDMA....
god, I would be there tomorrow.

--------------------

Offlinedoyoutrip
Marijuana Enthusiast
Male

Loc: Sunny D
Re: Psychedelic drugs and Asperger's Autism [Re: sterbeklang]
    #10844143 - 08/12/09 08:04 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

sterbeklang said:
Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:

OMFG, imagine if you could go to the psychiatrist and get a prescription for MDMA....
god, I would be there tomorrow.

Haha id develop every symptom i needed :grin:

--------------------
"Going about niiinneettyy
On the freeway choking
Ain't no mystery to the weed we smokin'"

"Started from weed, big smoke outs before you could exhale, blunt in your mouth"

:potleaf::getstoned::potleaf:

OfflinePeace.Love.Pedobea
Stranger

#12747562 - 06/15/10 05:27 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I apparently have aspurgers & ADHD, says the Doctors. I do not understand because I believe I feel empathy more than the average person, let alone aspie.

MDMA - tried this quite a few times, made me talk a lot and feel a lot smarter; but people seemed to enjoy chatting with me. Except the one time I had a religious discussion with my friend who was die-hard religious; he ended up throwing up and is now atheist :p.

Psilocybin - First it was a great, quite silly experience. I acted quite weird and when everyone went to bed I was alone and spent hours researching and learning things I normally wouldn't care about. Although this didn't help me, while I was high - the month afterward I felt more happy, less depressed, and more social.

LSD - I took too much, 5 sheets, started freaking out told my friend to lend me $20 for MDMA otherwise I'd get really depressed and probably kill myself. After I took the 3 hits of MDMA I don't remember much of the experience, although I hear I took my shirt off and layed down in the middle of the rave floor lol.

Weed - I know there's two different kinds of weed, one which makes you sleepy and paranoid and one that makes you giggly and concentrated (indica & sativa???). When I get the sleepy paranoid kind I usually fall asleep and don't talk much, just listen to Pink Floyd or w/e. When I have the giggly concentrated kind I become very funny (in a good way; say my friends), and also noticed I can play Halo like wayyy better lol.

Speed (amphetamine) - I feel perfected, my social skills are increased substantially.

OfflinePsilocybinMike
T.F.Y.Q.A
Male User Gallery

#12747589 - 06/15/10 05:32 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

http://www.hofmann.org/papers/fisher/fisher_4.htm

A guy named Gary Fischer's experiences with treating autistic/schizophrenic children with LSD in the 1960s before it was illegal. Pretty interesting.

Quote:

One ten year old severely autistic boy was continued on the program more as a challenge, as he was very resistant to abandoning his psychotic defenses. He was given a series of ten sessions over a period of ten months, with dosages up to 400 micrograms of LSD. Before treatment he was highly encapsulated, repeating a few phrases and displaying repetitive and catatonic posturing. His only contact with people was looking up their sleeves, he seemed to be checking if and how arms were attached. He would not allow himself to be touched and had no interaction whatsoever, other than attacking other children if they approached or touched him. His treatment sessions were characterized by agitation, fear, panic and anxiety. Occasionally he could relax and allow staff to hold him, rub him and gently feed him. He had long periods where he was totally out of contact with his surroundings. During a later session after some two hours of being out of contact, he sat up rather suddenly, his eyes widened with astonishment and he whispered, "I saw God." During later sessions he evidenced a much larger vocabulary and abandoned his echolalia and repetitive speech.

Timmy's first four sessions were almost exclusively devoted to biting, chewing and aggressive oral behavior. We observed this with all patients, evidencing extreme oral rage. In later sessions patients would attempt to eat us and everything in sight to fill the emptiness they felt. In spite of us not witnessing a lot of what we could identify as conflict resolution during the sessions, his behavior underwent a marked change. His physical attacking behavior subsided and he became interested in relating to other boys his age as well as the treatment staff. He wanted physical contact, became playful and enjoyed himself. His parents began taking him home for weekends due to these behavioral changes and they repeatedly told us that they were amazed at his improvement.

--------------------

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVZBTAYm3rw

OfflinePeace.Love.Pedobea
Stranger

Re: Psychedelic drugs and Asperger's Autism [Re: PsilocybinMike]
    #12747614 - 06/15/10 05:37 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

That is quite interesting, thanks!

<3 ur sig <3

OfflineThe Mad Shroomer
Madcap
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Psychedelic drugs and Asperger's Autism [Re: Peace.Love.Pedobea]
    #12751577 - 06/16/10 11:44 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Peace.Love.Pedobea said:
I apparently have aspurgers & ADHD, says the Doctors. I do not understand because I believe I feel empathy more than the average person, let alone aspie.

MDMA - tried this quite a few times, made me talk a lot and feel a lot smarter; but people seemed to enjoy chatting with me. Except the one time I had a religious discussion with my friend who was die-hard religious; he ended up throwing up and is now atheist :p.

Psilocybin - First it was a great, quite silly experience. I acted quite weird and when everyone went to bed I was alone and spent hours researching and learning things I normally wouldn't care about. Although this didn't help me, while I was high - the month afterward I felt more happy, less depressed, and more social.

LSD - I took too much, 5 sheets, started freaking out told my friend to lend me $20 for MDMA otherwise I'd get really depressed and probably kill myself. After I took the 3 hits of MDMA I don't remember much of the experience, although I hear I took my shirt off and layed down in the middle of the rave floor lol.

Weed - I know there's two different kinds of weed, one which makes you sleepy and paranoid and one that makes you giggly and concentrated (indica & sativa???). When I get the sleepy paranoid kind I usually fall asleep and don't talk much, just listen to Pink Floyd or w/e. When I have the giggly concentrated kind I become very funny (in a good way; say my friends), and also noticed I can play Halo like wayyy better lol.

Speed (amphetamine) - I feel perfected, my social skills are increased substantially.

Sounds like you're a well balanced dude, I'd get a second opinion on that diagnosis if I were you :smile:

@Jamo: your english is perfect. Better than many native english speakers I see on internet forums :laugh:

--------------------
...and what exactly is a dream? And what exactly is a joke?

Offlineclassified
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Psychedelic drugs and Asperger's Autism [Re: The Mad Shroomer]
    #15241245 - 10/18/11 01:31 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I have "aspergers", although my dad is a psychologist who also has it and knows that today's medical practices make things much much worse, so he withheld my diagnosis. But basically what somebody said about marijuana addiction looking similar to a heroin addict to the outside world. The reality is people like myself are trrriipping from birth and doing any psychedelics helps us in the long run in the same way meth or cocaine helps adhd, especially when used in social situations (only do it with good friends though to avoid a very negative experience). Basically we trip out even more which makes us act more like everyone else afterwards. Personally I probably used marijuana too much, only because at the time I did not understand the way people treated me and in the end used marijuana (because i knew it was relatively safe compared to alcohol)as a way to hide and escape from all the ignorant assholes that makes up most of our generation. I knew marijuana was a relatively safe drug long term and it was easily accessible without talking to idiotic doctors. I could seriously go on about this shit for days but i have a massive headache and basically just wanted to provide a little info to any younger aspies out there. Keep your head up, fuck bitchs, get money  if ya wanna. do shrooms, manufacture lsd! peace

OfflinePsilocybinMike
T.F.Y.Q.A
Male User Gallery

Re: Psychedelic drugs and Asperger's Autism [Re: classified]
    #15256181 - 10/21/11 12:10 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

ass burgers south park was funny

:edit:

Not to take away from the seriousness of this research. It's an amazing thing and I wrote up a long post below!

--------------------

Edited by PsilocybinMike (11/16/11 04:41 AM)

OfflineAukikco
Entity

Loc: Flag
    #15274836 - 10/25/11 07:27 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

http://www.maps.org/media/update/#14
Quote:

"MAPS is offering a grant of $10,000 for protocol development expenses for a pilot study of MDMA for the treatment of high-functioning autism or Asperger's syndrome. We have prepared a Request for Proposals (RFP) for U.S.-based researchers. One of the factors that we'll look for in selecting a research team is whether they would also have a chance of obtaining funds for research from other grant agencies (autism research is currently a well-funded field). At present, we do not have the funds for the study itself but we do have funds for protocol development. Once we have a completed protocol, we can develop a budget and a fundraising plan. MAPS itself would be in a much better position to raise funds for a study with a completed protocol from a qualified research team.

To facilitate the protocol development process, MAPS has collected numerous anecdotal reports from individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders who have used MDMA or Ecstasy. Many of these accounts are from people who considered MDMA to be helpful. If you or someone you know has heard of MDMA having either positive or negative effects on symptoms of Autism Spectrum Disorders or Asperger's syndrome, please contact MAPS Lead Clinical Research Associate Berra Yazar-Klosinski, Ph.D., at berra@maps.org."

--------------------
psychedelic

Invisiblecateyes
 User Gallery

#15275237 - 10/25/11 10:58 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

first off i need to point out i don't have asperger syndrome but i feel my own personal experience might be helpful in some way... i was diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder eight years ago...  around four to five years ago i became interested in reading books authored by psychiatrists who used primarily lsd(but also psilocybin) to treat patients with serious mental illnesses with great success... the one that stood out from the rest was stanislav grof(i've read just about all his books, fascinating man)... anyway, i made the decision to try this for myself... i returned to the shroomery to get back upto speed on cultivating, set up my gear in the basement and went to town... i kept this hidden from my wife because i didn't want to freak her out... first flush, i dried them out and during a saturday evening took about an eighth... i was worried i would begin to lose it and becomepsychotic or something but nothing could be further from the truth... i sat in my basement room listening to music... the come on was just like i remembered and the overall experience was quite beautiful... days later i noticed i had no depression or anxiety and had a high level of clarity and a sense of inner peace... this lasted for weeks and it was at this point i realized i no longer was experiencing period of hypo-mania... i still continued having the classic symptoms like hallucinations, delusions, paranoia to name a few but their occurrences decreased dramatically and when they did occur i understood the experience much better instead of falling down the rabbit hole... today i trip once maybe twice a month at most, i find that's all i need to help me keep an even keel...

with that said, i think someone with asperger syndrome could gain something from psilocybin but i would warn against over doing it...

Kensho :psychsplit:

Anonymous #1

#15275380 - 10/25/11 11:33 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I have experienced the same thing with weed, severe addiction and paranoia.
As for psychedelics I can go into intense delusive states, especially with mushrooms and 2c-x but have had none of these problems with LSD, I think it makes me more normal.

MDMA helped me to empathize as people who are naturally more empathic do.

OfflinePsilocybinMike
T.F.Y.Q.A
Male User Gallery

#15377647 - 11/16/11 04:39 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

donate to maps

--------------------

Edited by PsilocybinMike (11/17/11 11:02 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon pH Test Strips, Pink Floyd, Salvia

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being