Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: Is all of it in our heads? [Re: halo]
    #10846045 - 08/12/09 01:40 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

halo said:
I've always thought things like the exact same visual or hallucination between two or more people while tripping helps prove that there is an energy we interact with that is invisible but existent.

There is something outside of our heads that we co-exist with.

Why? Why should two or more people on the same drug experiencing the same effects be in the least bit remarkable? This is something I've never been able to understand. I'd find it far more interesting if there weren't common hallucinations/thoughts/effects.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: Is all of it in our heads? [Re: LSDreamer]
    #10846196 - 08/12/09 02:00 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

its all everywhere.
all the time

your head is just where your sesery organs hang out

i can see how you got confused

--------------------

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
Re: Is all of it in our heads? [Re: Poptart]
    #10846330 - 08/12/09 02:18 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Poptart said:
Quote:

pfxtc said:
nobody's ever been able to reveal the "universal truths"

:shrug:

the only "universal truths" i think, is when you fully become to understand yourself, because you and everything else are one, and if you finally understand yourself - you understand everything, and that's when you get a "universal truth", and when you get there, psychedelics are like childs play compared to deep meditation. i like the book "be here now" when he gives his teacher the hits of LSD and he takes them and stays completely sober, because his meditation practices are MUCH more intense then these mere chemical instigators, which is all psychedelics really are, they instigate the mind to perceive things differently, nothing more.

Ya ya ya. we have all heard the stories about the guru's who take psychedelics and feel nothing because they are already their from meditation. I think that's a bunch of bull shit. Sure meditation is wonderful and all and you can definatly reach higher states of conciousness but it's not the same thing as a full blown trip.

And you would know this how?

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: Is all of it in our heads? [Re: g00ru]
    #10846362 - 08/12/09 02:23 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I'm pretty sure, and no I can't back this up atm and don't currently have time to hunt down confirmation, that the "guru" in Be Here Now actually palmed the L and didn't actually take it. Could be wrong, though.

--------------------

Offlineplayapez
Strangest

#10847603 - 08/12/09 05:19 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I've heard that McKenna report of a Tibetian lama that was given DMT and claimed he knew that space as part of the Bardo.  Shamans also recognized the DMT world.

Quote:

"I took this stuff to Tibetans, to the Amazon. I gave it to Tibetans, they said 'this is the lesser lights, the lesser lights of the Bardo. You cannot go further into the Bardo and return. This takes you as far as you can go.' When I gave it to shamans in the Amazon, they said 'It's strong - but this is, these are the ancestors. These are the spirits that we work with. These are ancestor souls. We know this place.'"

Quote:

Poptart said:
Sure meditation is wonderful and all and you can definatly reach higher states of conciousness but it's not the same thing as a full blown trip.

Unless you've spent literally years of your life in mostly uninterrupted meditation, I would not make such claims.  Just because psychedelics literally throw you into another world does not mean you cannot get there on your own, one step at a time without the use of a rocket-booster :smile:

I'm not saying I can verify the lamas and the shamans when they claim they've "been there, done that" in regards to heavy psychedelics, but I definitely trust their judgment before I trust just another psyche-head who knows it all.  :shrug:

OfflineOutThisLife
Male

Loc: 127.0.0.1
Re: Is all of it in our heads? [Re: playapez]
    #10847656 - 08/12/09 05:27 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

just another psyche-head who knows it all.

This is absolutely one of the most intelligent things I have read on this forum.

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #10847706 - 08/12/09 05:34 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

LSDreamer said:
I'm pretty sure, and no I can't back this up atm and don't currently have time to hunt down confirmation, that the "guru" in Be Here Now actually palmed the L and didn't actually take it. Could be wrong, though.

Really where'd you hear that, and it was only an example that I knew of, but if that's true it would be interesting.

I think my original point rings true however, that psychedelics/meditation/whatever are just instigators that provoke different perceptions of everyday things.

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Edited by pfxtc (08/12/09 05:35 PM)

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

#10847728 - 08/12/09 05:36 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

playapez said:
I've heard that McKenna report of a Tibetian lama that was given DMT and claimed he knew that space as part of the Bardo.  Shamans also recognized the DMT world.

Quote:

"I took this stuff to Tibetans, to the Amazon. I gave it to Tibetans, they said 'this is the lesser lights, the lesser lights of the Bardo. You cannot go further into the Bardo and return. This takes you as far as you can go.' When I gave it to shamans in the Amazon, they said 'It's strong - but this is, these are the ancestors. These are the spirits that we work with. These are ancestor souls. We know this place.'"

Quote:

Poptart said:
Sure meditation is wonderful and all and you can definatly reach higher states of conciousness but it's not the same thing as a full blown trip.

Unless you've spent literally years of your life in mostly uninterrupted meditation, I would not make such claims.  Just because psychedelics literally throw you into another world does not mean you cannot get there on your own, one step at a time without the use of a rocket-booster :smile:

I'm not saying I can verify the lamas and the shamans when they claim they've "been there, done that" in regards to heavy psychedelics, but I definitely trust their judgment before I trust just another psyche-head who knows it all.  :shrug:

Thanks :smile: I would have said it in a much different way - you managed to be nice about it.

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Edited by pfxtc (08/12/09 05:36 PM)

OfflineTheMerryGangster
Be Good Family
Male

Loc: Here
Re: Is all of it in our heads? [Re: pfxtc]
    #10847743 - 08/12/09 05:37 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

pfxtc said:
Quote:

LSDreamer said:

Really where'd you hear that, and it was only an example that I knew of, but if that's true it would be interesting.

I think my original point rings true however, that psychedelics/meditation/whatever are just instigators that provoke different perceptions of everyday things.

Correct.

I have family members that can OBE and Astral Project at will, you can't tell me that's not as powerful of a higher conscious as anyone under the influence of psychedelics. Some people are born connected to that state, I've seen it first hand.

--------------------
Lysergic exploration.
Fungus-induced enlightenment.
Herbal healing.

"When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky." -Buddha.

:aum: Peace :peace:, Love :heart:, and Light :psychsplit: :aum:

*EVERYTHING I SAY ON THIS SITE IS PURELY FICTION*

Invisible04281969
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

#10847839 - 08/12/09 05:52 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Re: Is all of it in our heads? [Re: TheMerryGangster]
    #10847876 - 08/12/09 05:56 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

That would be interesting, personally I don't think I could ever do it without chemical aid.

--------------------

koods said:

Life-long trip report

Invisible04281969
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Re: Is all of it in our heads? [Re: pfxtc]
    #10848335 - 08/12/09 06:56 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

My point is that if given a high enough dose, the effects of LSD are irrepressible.

End of story.

--------------------
HCL x 1.63 = M.C.
H2SO4 x 1.3 = M.C.
H2SO4 x .80 = HCL
M.C. x .61 = HCL
M.C. x .77 = H2SO4
HCL x 1.25 = H2SO4

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
    #10849953 - 08/12/09 11:29 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Personally I think if you're not combining psychedelics and meditation you aren't receiving the full benefit of either.

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Offlineplayapez
Strangest

Re: Is all of it in our heads? [Re: OutThisLife]
    #10856732 - 08/13/09 11:05 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

OutThisLife said:
Quote:

just another psyche-head who knows it all.

This is absolutely one of the most intelligent things I have read on this forum.

Thanks for the props :smile:

Invisibleshowme
Stranger
 User Gallery

#10857606 - 08/14/09 02:36 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

we come to the realizations ourselves, but not ourselves, because without our ego.

soo ourselves stripped of our ego. not really ourselves, but our brain. without the annoying hindrance of our history.

we come to realizations when we start over from scratch and see everything in a new way.

--------------------
Imagination is the organ of meaning.

Offlinesky
Heir of Isildur
Male User Gallery

Re: Is all of it in our heads? [Re: showme]
    #10857695 - 08/14/09 03:34 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

It's not outside our head, or inside our head.
Because there is no head.

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Loc: 0.0.0.1
Re: Is all of it in our heads? [Re: sky]
    #10857703 - 08/14/09 03:38 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Yes there is.  Stop with your matrix bullshit.

Offlinesky
Heir of Isildur
Male User Gallery

Re: Is all of it in our heads? [Re: Innoculus]
    #10857709 - 08/14/09 03:46 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

/sigh

I didn't say it for the hell of it, like some meaningless paradox.

Because all ego driven perception in purely subjective, the "head" is just a illusion that is part of the common-created-reality shared by humanity for the purposes of convinient co-existence and interaction.

If there is no difference between the observer and the object, because everything is connected, then there is no seperate "observer", and consequently, there is no "head".

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Loc: 0.0.0.1
Re: Is all of it in our heads? [Re: sky]
    #10857731 - 08/14/09 03:57 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

There IS an observer.  You're taking it too deeply.  We're each still a fragment of everything.  You wouldn't know, if I didn't tell you, that I'm enjoying some buffalo style popcorn chicken right now, and sipping on a glass of milk.  You seem to be trying to think too far outside the box, which is rather counterproductive to living in the world around us.

Offlinesky
Heir of Isildur
Male User Gallery

Re: Is all of it in our heads? [Re: Innoculus]
    #10857759 - 08/14/09 04:16 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

As far as the "counterproductivity" of such thinking, you're right - but its implementation into routine life wasn't on my mind.

How I think:
Saying there is no head, is just as subjective and ephemeral as saying that there is a head, since both viewpoints are spawned from a subjective perception of reality. (My no-head perception being anchored in ego-death experiences and separation of consciousness from my physical body - which is still a subjective experience imo)

To be honest, yes I believe there is a head. I, however, do NOT want to believe that there is a head, because in my personal pursuit of spiritual development, I am trying to shed all forms of beliefs and frames of mind that tie me down to a subjective perspective, limiting my awareness of the unexplainable vast chaos of the universe.

So, me saying there is no head, was rather aimed as a self-improvement tool, and also there for anyone else who might share my goal/view on this subject.
:peace:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder