Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Ayahuasca, Ranch Dressing, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMileHiMycophiles
Stranger

Peyote Way Church... Legit Peyote use for all? for a price. is this a scam?
    #10826789 - 08/09/09 11:24 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

ookay, so for the last couple days i've read and re-read every article i coulf find on peyote way church. www.peyoteway.org
and it "seems" wonderful. is it? now i know it flys in the face of national government, but then, so does my whole life as i really don't give a fuck about the losers in washington who can't even run a cash for cars program or a national $800,000,000,000 rebate program.
but the arizona state laws protect it... and state laws are what i give credit too mostly anyway.

my problem is that they charge $300 dollars for a spirit walk. and that they charge $50 annually keep you a member. they claim it used to be free, but their success, or popularity, could kill them, and since they don't have the axe of damnation or hell to scare money out of people they just charge a fee.

but their fee is going up, and they already own their land, and i don't see how they get off charging as much as they do. they claim 50 + spirit walks a year, at $300 apeice plus the membership dues and the pottery they sell... it seems their raking it in. not quiet a scam, but damn close. i mean, they make you go out to the arizona desert to find them. then charge you tons of money.

what does anyone think? i know this has been talked about before, but it's so old i didn't feel right responding to people who may not even exist on here anymore.

--------------------

Edited by MileHiMycophiles (08/09/09 11:38 AM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: Peyote Way Church... Legit Peyote use for all? for a price. is this a scam? [Re: MileHiMycophiles]
    #10827486 - 08/09/09 02:21 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I think if I had the money I would pobably do it.

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Offlineoxalic32
Male

Loc: .
Re: Peyote Way Church... Legit Peyote use for all? for a price. is this a scam? [Re: danlennon3]
    #10827496 - 08/09/09 02:23 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I've heard the only way to get Peyote is from the reservations. And the native americans will dose you silly. Peyote can take 12 years to grow a single button. I'd pay $300 for something you might never experience again.

Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

Re: Peyote Way Church... Legit Peyote use for all? for a price. is this a scam? [Re: MileHiMycophiles]
    #10827513 - 08/09/09 02:26 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

one of my friends checked it out. he said it was really expensive and was kinda fishy. they want you to pay many many hundreds maybe thousands of dollars for the experience.

--------------------

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State Flag
Re: Peyote Way Church... Legit Peyote use for all? for a price. is this a scam? [Re: oxalic32]
    #10827522 - 08/09/09 02:28 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

oxalic32 said:
I've heard the only way to get Peyote is from the reservations. And the native americans will dose you silly. Peyote can take 12 years to grow a single button. I'd pay $300 for something you might never experience again.

i will get to take peyote for the first time next week with the Native American Church. for free. i didn't go to a reservation or anything. i found a contact in austin, TX who is in the NAC and the Santo Daime. we have had long discussions and he knows im sincere in my willingness to learn from the medicine. in his opinion it doesn't matter initially what your interest in the peyote medicine is. if you are sincere in your heart spirit will find a way for you. if you make it in that Teepee it's because spirit found a way. he has done ceremonies with the NAC, and with his step-grandmother in mexico under a traditional marakame (shaman in the huichol language). he has also done peyote conservation work in Texas and helped to replant some of the gardens and wild populations.

the peyote way church is supposedly legit. from what i have heard if you do not have the money you can work on the land  in exchange for your lodging and the medicine. i'm sure if you told them your situation and asked if you could work for your ceremony they'd let you. if not they are charlatans.

--------------------

Offlineoxalic32
Male

. [Re: 2859558484]
    #10827533 - 08/09/09 02:31 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Edited by oxalic32 (12/19/10 06:01 PM)

InvisibleAcidDropper420
I'm from Canada,eh?

Loc: British Columbia Flag
Re: Peyote Way Church... Legit Peyote use for all? for a price. is this a scam? [Re: oxalic32]
    #10827582 - 08/09/09 02:41 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i have heard of this before, but if i wanted to get high i would just order some san pedro and do and extraction :shrug:

--------------------

Offlineoxalic32
Male

. [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #10827594 - 08/09/09 02:43 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Edited by oxalic32 (12/19/10 06:01 PM)

Offlinezak007
Stranger
 User Gallery

#10827728 - 08/09/09 03:12 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

how well did the extractions work for you guys?

--------------------
"Ive calculated your chance of survival but
I dont think your going to like it"

Stranger

Re: Peyote Way Church... Legit Peyote use for all? for a price. is this a scam? [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #10828312 - 08/09/09 05:22 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

the peyote way church is supposedly legit. from what i have heard if you do not have the money you can work on the land  in exchange for your lodging and the medicine. i'm sure if you told them your situation and asked if you could work for your ceremony they'd let you. if not they are charlatans.

cool, that's what i wanted to know... i mean, i'm pretty experienced to entheogens, and i'm only two generations off being legally able to grow and have it. but i'm not rich, and it's $300 bucks. plus time off work and trip expense and i have a kid... but then... i really want the whole... original peyote experience. you know?

and being able to work on the land is pretty cool too. i send them an email i just haven't heard back yet.

--------------------

InvisibleWilliamsii
Explorer

#10828711 - 08/09/09 06:50 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I had a source who charged $200 per gram of mescaline. It was pure mescaline not citrate.

What do you mean by pure mescaline?  If you mean freebase, then it would have most likely have been a liquid.  Freebase mescaline is unstable and will react with carbon dioxide if exposed to air to form mescaline carbonate, a salt.

I would become highly skeptical whenever money is involved with a supposedly religious organisation.

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

#10828721 - 08/09/09 06:53 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

MileHiMycophiles said:

cool, that's what i wanted to know... i mean, i'm pretty experienced to entheogens, and i'm only two generations off being legally able to grow and have it. but i'm not rich, and it's $300 bucks. plus time off work and trip expense and i have a kid... but then... i really want the whole... original peyote experience. you know?

and being able to work on the land is pretty cool too. i send them an email i just haven't heard back yet.

man if you want a peyote experience you have got to really search yourself for the purest intentions and make room for this to come into your life. i have been waiting for many years to contact people working with this medicine and finally i will have the opportunity. i had at one point considered going to arizona for the peyote way church but it's too far for me to travel. a little patience and a bit of praying  goes a long way. good luck on your search.

Quote:

I would become highly skeptical whenever money is involved with a supposedly religious organisation.

i have always made a donation whenever working with people in ceremony for ayahuasca. i will do the same with the NAC because it costs money to do these things. its only right that a person who is benefiting from the medicine give back so that others can continue share in the same benefits.

--------------------

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Peyote Way Church... Legit Peyote use for all? for a price. is this a scam? [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #10828900 - 08/09/09 07:27 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i've been looking into them as well

seems pretty legit

i might do it soon,

but 300 + travel + 50 is a lot of money,

and is it even peyote or just extracted mescaline - not that it really matters..

mescaline in the desert + native americans sounds like... THE trip though.

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Edited by pfxtc (08/09/09 07:33 PM)

Stranger

Re: Peyote Way Church... Legit Peyote use for all? for a price. is this a scam? [Re: pfxtc]
    #10829297 - 08/09/09 08:36 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

well i got a email back, and it turns out that they have whole families living on this ranch. kids and all. and need to be able to support them. they also have to constantly repair the buildings and equipment. the money bothers me a little less, but i did ask a few more questions. i'll let ya know what they say.

and yes it's pure peyote. they even give you detailed instructions on how to grow it at home. saying it is more blessed to cultivate the "sacrament" than to receive it.
they give you a tea in a jar that you take to your own personal private area you find on their huge 160 acre ranch. apparently they have 6000 peyote plants on their land in their farming areas and shacks.

--------------------

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

#10829361 - 08/09/09 08:45 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

MileHiMycophiles said:
well i got a email back, and it turns out that they have whole families living on this ranch. kids and all. and need to be able to support them. they also have to constantly repair the buildings and equipment. the money bothers me a little less, but i did ask a few more questions. i'll let ya know what they say.

and yes it's pure peyote. they even give you detailed instructions on how to grow it at home. saying it is more blessed to cultivate the "sacrament" than to receive it.
they give you a tea in a jar that you take to your own personal private area you find on their huge 160 acre ranch. apparently they have 6000 peyote plants on their land in their farming areas and shacks.

growing it at home?

do yo u get to smuggle some back with your bad self or?

and can you "work on the ranch" as you said earlier? do they give you lodging for that? a week off living with some native american's wouldn't be so bad.

thanks for posting their responses here i really appreciate it.

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

OfflineLucidReality
Gautama Bay
Male

#10829381 - 08/09/09 08:47 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I've emailed this church as well. I live in Texas so I plan on making the trip next summer. It is definitely a legit way of obtaining peyote. It is a bit pricey, but for the experience I think it is definitely worth it. MileHiMycophiles, do you know if you can get a cutting of the  cactus, or if they can give you seeds, or is that too illegal? I hope they don't increase the price when I go next year, or get shut down

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Re: Peyote Way Church... Legit Peyote use for all? for a price. is this a scam? [Re: LucidReality]
    #10829433 - 08/09/09 08:57 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

LucidReality said:
I've emailed this church as well. I live in Texas so I plan on making the trip next summer. It is definitely a legit way of obtaining peyote. It is a bit pricey, but for the experience I think it is definitely worth it. MileHiMycophiles, do you know if you can get a cutting of the  cactus, or if they can give you seeds, or is that too illegal? I hope they don't increase the price when I go next year, or get shut down

I'm around San Diego and I'm thinking of making the trip some time soon as well, would be quite an experience and cost a lot of money, but money isn't all that important if you don't have a family, supporting ones self is horribly easy so money is always expendable,

I doubt they will get shut down, Native American groups are only gaining rights, only the gays are losing them :smile:

Hopefully I can find a way to sneak off with a little seed from the cactus, I don't think they'll give you any.

--------------------

koods said:

Life-long trip report

InvisibleWilliamsii
Explorer

Re: Peyote Way Church... Legit Peyote use for all? for a price. is this a scam? [Re: pfxtc]
    #10829848 - 08/09/09 10:34 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:

i have always made a donation whenever working with people in ceremony for ayahuasca. i will do the same with the NAC because it costs money to do these things. its only right that a person who is benefiting from the medicine give back so that others can continue share in the same benefits.

There is quite a difference between giving a donation and being charged $300.  I am just trying to make the point that one should be more wary when money is being asked for.

It all appears to be a bit artificial to me.  Charging for a 'spirit walk.'  ShroomDoom's experience sounds far better.

Would you not feel a bit of a tourist?

Why not partake in a Trichocereus species.  Legal and accessible.

Quote:

I doubt they will get shut down, Native American groups are only gaining rights, only the gays are losing them :smile:

It would still be illegal for them to sell it to you and you to take it.  I hope the second comment's smiley is sarcastic.

Quote:

Hopefully I can find a way to sneak off with a little seed from the cactus, I don't think they'll give you any.

Not very respectful.  Also, by the sounds of it you won't come into contact with any plants:

Quote:

they give you a tea in a jar that you take to your own personal private area you find on their huge 160 acre ranch.

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Re: Peyote Way Church... Legit Peyote use for all? for a price. is this a scam? [Re: Williamsii]
    #10830205 - 08/09/09 11:26 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i don't think they are Native Americans at peyote way. correct me if i'm wrong.

--------------------

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Re: Peyote Way Church... Legit Peyote use for all? for a price. is this a scam? [Re: Williamsii]
    #10830751 - 08/10/09 12:53 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Williamsii said:
Quote:

Quote:

There is quite a difference between giving a donation and being charged $300.  I am just trying to make the point that one should be more wary when money is being asked for.

It all appears to be a bit artificial to me.  Charging for a 'spirit walk.'  ShroomDoom's experience sounds far better.

Would you not feel a bit of a tourist?

Why not partake in a Trichocereus species.  Legal and accessible.

Quote:

It would still be illegal for them to sell it to you and you to take it.  I hope the second comment's smiley is sarcastic.

Quote:

Not very respectful.  Also, by the sounds of it you won't come into contact with any plants:

Quote:

they give you a tea in a jar that you take to your own personal private area you find on their huge 160 acre ranch.

You're bigging much too critical of things - we all need to make money, they're just playing the card they were dealt. Of course the smiley was sarcastic, I live in California where their right to get married was actually taken away :shrug: Not very respectful? The seeds don't 'belong' to anybody, their seeds, nature's gift to us all.

--------------------

koods said:

Life-long trip report

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Ayahuasca, Ranch Dressing, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience