Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesteadyheady
Ex Nihilo
Male

Re: Who says PF tek? (rant) [Re: Krayton]
    #10712692 - 07/21/09 12:08 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

There seems to be not a lot of info on what to do after your WBS is done colonizing.  You can case or spawn to bulk, but then what do you do?  Theres not much info on that, or maybe I'm just not looking at the right stuff.

--------------------
Esse quam videri.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: Who says PF tek? (rant) [Re: Krayton]
    #10712700 - 07/21/09 12:10 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

you can't say that PF doesn't have the potential to give the well-read newb a decent first harvest

No I cannot. But I can say that a well read newb will "take the cake", if they try out grains.

"there's so much information on it"

So? There's so much info on grains. Less info is better, if it's accurate.

PF, and the internet. A match made in heaven. I mean, I wear Fila f-13s. I like retro when it works. But grain deserves attention from the start, that's what I'm saying. There is no "institution". It's the difference of $50, and desire. Cakes are fun. Spoon some up. But a big straw log could be fun to, first try. Or maybe some horse shit in a tub. Fun stuff. Who says PF tek?

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Offlinegreg86jgl
young grower
Male User Gallery

Re: Who says PF tek? (rant) [Re: Rahz]
    #10713030 - 07/21/09 01:56 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

steadyheady search the following....
monotub/dubletub/coir/colonizing mono/...then seach some details found in some of the threads that interest u...
after ur grain is colonized u need to decide to either spawn to something like a coir/coffee/vermic mix...poo mix straw w.e. or just fruit them (dont know why any1 would do so kinda beats the point of doing grain). now u decide to do a terrarium setup aka martha setup(can get very expencive and complicated) or something like a monotub setup(recomended not alot of care needed its cheep and produces more then enough for you and 8 buddys time and time agian) this is known as the set it and forget it method. now that u know what ur spawning to u need to choose a pasturizing method(few ways to do this some recomended for different subs). after u spawn to ur bulk sub. and ur sub is now colonized you either lay a casing layer down or go naked(no casing) recomend no casing for monotubs its realy just not needed for a newbe bulk grower. after this you watch learn pick eat do it all again. hope this helps. mostly u have to read about all the different ways and see what works best for you...like some1 said already

p.s ive been doing monotubs for the past 6 months and getting dam good at it(got 7oz dry after 3 flushes on a 30gal tub) so if u decide to go that rought and need advice help question just pm
forgot to awnser to the original question. bag pf tek unless testing strains and such. i jumpd right in to doing 30gal monotubs with 6qrts rye grain spawned to coir coffe vermic every time...love it

Edited by greg86jgl (07/21/09 02:03 AM)

Offlineheathendome
Stranger
Re: Who says PF tek? (rant) [Re: greg86jgl]
    #10825966 - 08/09/09 01:41 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I've been inoculated yesterday my first four jars with rye,i'm a newbie and I never grow mushies before..
so it's time to write and first post here,this forum kick ass and it's really psyhodelic trasure chest!
I can say you that the optimal quantity of water in grain in beggining is little tricky,my first PC expirience didn't end well...rye was overcooked,dark,smelly..so I take second chance:
1.soak rye for about 24hours
2.drain it completly
3.clear grains from water with towel
4.after all this rye should not be wet or sticky if you take it in hand
5.fill the jars (hole on the top for inoculation)
6 cover the top with aluminium foil and put it in PC
7.wait while the valve is start to rotating(on PC),then reduce the      fire an cook 1hour

On second chance My sterilised rye has a little bit "gummy" feel under the fingers,I was put in pressure cooker small sample jar so I can test the rye...anyway, jars was cooling down another 24hours after cooking,there is no sign of water nor condensation in each of this jar
before inoculation???it is not dry,I repeat,little gummy on touch..so I don't know if this is optimal quantity of water for mycelium to rise. . After the completion I store jars on  30 celzius degrrees to start colonize....

so Is this ok if anyone knows?

because I am really become impatient ,not for eating mushrooms because it is a ritual for me,i just want to
make this first step to feel joy when i first see self growed mycelium Really appreciated any help or advice you might give me..cheers!!! 

and sorry for bad english!!

--------------------
Keep The Ancient Flame Burning!!

Edited by heathendome (08/09/09 07:18 AM)

Offlinepotatonet
Quantum Scientist
I'm a teapot

Loc: Far side of the moon
Re: Who says PF tek? (rant) [Re: heathendome]
    #10826067 - 08/09/09 02:17 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

^^^

lol

--------------------
In the Quechua language of Peru there are over 1000 words for "potato"

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds