Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Balloons, Cracker, Nitrous Oxide, Pink Floyd, Shpongle

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleUnoriginalMonkey
Imaginary Fu(k

Loc: In a Pineapple under the ...
Please Respond, I need all the help I can get!
    #1080694 - 11/24/02 02:14 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

The situation:  :confused:4 people, 2 of whom have never tried shroomz ever. The other 2 are somewhat knowledgable of shroomz.  :ooo: So the question here is, will 1/8 get all of us to the leval we need to be? Should we add more people to this bonding session? Should we keep anyone who will not be tripping around us to keep watch? And as a newbie what can I expect with this trip? Anything that might throw me offguard while tripping? We will be staying at the house with no-one other than us. The phones will  be cut off and movies we are watching will be- Willy Wonkas Chocolate Factory, Pink Floyds The Wall, Alice n Wonderland, and possibly Dr. Seusses Wonderful World. (Which is this multi colored, Dr.. Seuss video) Any advice is welcome...An thanks a lot if you respond... :tongue: 

--------------------
-Learning to dislike children at an early age saves a lot of expense and aggravation later in life-

-Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow-

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFcuerkt
insane visionary

Loc: the center of a xenon ato...
Re: Please Respond, I need all the help I can get! [Re: UnoriginalMonkey]
    #1080757 - 11/24/02 02:33 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

1/8th won't split four ways. It barely splits two, if you ask me.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1080760 - 11/24/02 02:34 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Willy Wonkas Chocolate Factory

Nice one. Look out for the oompa-loompas  :smile:

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1080786 - 11/24/02 02:48 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

These are some good newb questions that any beginner truely looking for a good experience would want to ask, IMO.

OK Lets go through them:

"will 1/8 get all of us to the leval we need to be?" Well that would depend on what you believe "need to be" means.

1/8th is 3.5 grams. That's less than one gram per person, which, for everybody I know personally, would not give them (or me) a true representation of a psychedelic experience. If you're all basically being introduced to mushrooms, I'd say two or three grams would be good for each person (But this is ME.. don't take my word for it; i'm sure there will be plenty of other reponses you can mix together to get a general consensus which for all i know could be way different).

"4 people.... Should we add more people to this bonding session" Well that depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking to have a lot of fun and like "partyyyyyyyyyy" and "woohoooo!!" then sure; more people will be fine. If you're looking to chill somewhere and let the mushroom take hold, then these 4 people (possibly +one sober person who's willing to chill out and be quiet - see more in a later answer) might even be a bit of a crowd - most people seem to get pretty.... "internal" while on mushrooms, and REGULAR communication can become quite difficult anyway (possibly even at that dose). But yeah as long as you guys have room for all 4 of you to trip, it should be a really cool, "connected" experience with these people :smile:

"Should we keep anyone who will not be tripping around us to keep watch?" Thats definitely a safe idea.... but it could get annoying if you choose somebody restless who wouldn't just want to quietly chill out and relax along with you. Make sure you pick somebody quiet and peaceful ;-) somebody who's talking a lot and asking stupid questions like "are you guys tripping? ooo cool look at my hand isn't that trippy? are you seeing shit? mind if i watch tv?" will definitely be annoying and will distract you from the main ideas.

"what can I expect with this trip?"
LoL I'll skip this one - your brain has programmed a completely different operating system than mine; we're all differrent, and the actual reactions to and interpreations of the experience can be totally different for anybody :smile:

"Anything that might throw me offguard while tripping?"
Well of course! As soon as you take the drug, anything that you think might throw you off-gaurd WILL THROW YOU OFF GUARD. As soon as you think "its possible that I may have begun to start to maybe possibly somehow throw myself just the smallest bit off-guard, you will have begun to start to maybe possibly somehow throw yourselff the smallest bit off-guard. Thats how it works - if you think you might be fucked; then you might be fucked. If you think you'll probably pull through and everything will be incredible, then you'll probably pull through and everything will be incredible. Well thats my experience anyway..

"We will be staying at the house with no-one other than us. The phones will be cut off and movies we are watching will be- Willy Wonkas Chocolate Factory, Pink Floyds The Wall, Alice n Wonderland, and possibly Dr. Seusses Wonderful World. (Which is this multi colored, Dr.. Seuss video) Any advice is welcome...An thanks a lot if you respond...  :tongue:"

Staying at a house with no one other than you guys is excellent :smile: this way nobody can be there to bother you and interfere with your good-times :smile:
Having the phone cut-off is great as well - phone-calls are a giant pain in the ass while tripping on psychedelic substances. Those films should be fun but I believe you should at least take some time with at least JUST music, but hopefully in silence, with no visuals, so that you guys can close your eyes and watch your own psychedelic shows being put on behind your eyelids. Many people don't enjoy doing this for some reason though, so I might be weird and it may be best to just watch your movies so you have something to focus on other than yourself and how you're tied into "the everything" in your own way. Once again, there will be a general consensus that should tie all the best stuff together for you on this thread.

Thanks for being curious, we need more people coming into this world with questions and curiosity instead of simply the will to get "fucked-up" and giggle at the carpet all night.

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-
oh yeah and don't try to go to sleep until you REALLY fall asleep somewhere you weren't planning on - if you go to bed early you'll be laying there trying to sleep for hours, wasting the after-trip.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Imaginary Fu(k

Re: Please Respond, I need all the help I can get! [Re: Strumpling]
    #1080813 - 11/24/02 03:00 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Hey thanks a lot for everything youve said. You wouldnt mind a few more questions would you?

:ooo: "will 1/8 get all of us to the leval we need to be?" Well that would depend on what you believe "need to be" means.
- Im looking for CEV, or OEV, Ive tried ectacy but the lack of visulas really took away some of the fun. I wouldnt mind a slight trip(level 2 or 3 Im guessing), aka A mind blowing night that will leave me wanting to try shroomz at a possible later time, yah know what I mean?

:confused: "what can I expect with this trip?"
LoL I'll skip this one - your brain has programmed a completely different operating system than mine; we're all differrent, and the actual reactions to and interpreations of the experience can be totally different for anybody. 
-Is it sorta like when someone ask me how ectacy feels I cant quite explain the feeling?

:blush: Music-I have plenty of techno:trance, and a bit of hard house...Alternative music is mainly part of my collection. Will this work?

--------------------
-Learning to dislike children at an early age saves a lot of expense and aggravation later in life-

Offlinehuboldium
    #1080818 - 11/24/02 03:05 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

msuic is a must, anythign electronic s great, the repetitive beats and melodic hypnotising melodies are amazing, my suggestion is to forget a bout the movies, chill out as you are coming up, now if you are taking a heavish dose then split up, go in a room by yourself with the lights off and the music blaring, at first its a little scary but it is amazing

OfflineFcuerkt
insane visionary

Re: Please Respond, I need all the help I can get! [Re: huboldium]
    #1080918 - 11/24/02 03:41 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I also advise against the movies. You'll have a hard enough time getting visuals off of these doses, you won't notice a thing w/ movies playing.

Me and my friends can never watch movies as a group, we always get bored and start talking.

Imaginary Fu(k

Re: Please Respond, I need all the help I can get! [Re: huboldium]
    #1080938 - 11/24/02 03:46 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Ive already told the "group" a couple of rules about the night...Will this keep us out of trouble or make everyone fearful of getting a little crazy. Heres the basics...
:smirk:
1- No screaming or making it obvious what we are doing out side of the house.
2-No freaking anyone out purposly, like hiding and jumping out...Kiddy type house rules yah know...
3-Changing the music, lighting without telling whom ever is in the room at the time.
4-And if someone wants to wander off somewhere within the house or in the house to let them have their journey. But only if we all have an idea of where the person will be in case of a emergency.

--------------------

Imaginary Fu(k

Re: Please Respond, I need all the help I can get! [Re: Fcuerkt]
    #1080943 - 11/24/02 03:48 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

So how much will I need, It will be 2 newbies both around 110lbs, and then 2 older people whom have done shroomz before. :grin: 

--------------------

OfflineFcuerkt
insane visionary

#1080976 - 11/24/02 03:57 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

1/4

Imaginary Fu(k

Re: Please Respond, I need all the help I can get! [Re: Fcuerkt]
    #1080986 - 11/24/02 04:00 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

How much should a 1/4 cost, if youd ont mind so many questions. Im just really nervous and Id like to see all my time at this website pay off lol...

--------------------

OfflineFcuerkt
insane visionary

#1081056 - 11/24/02 04:34 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

$60 in my area.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1081097 - 11/24/02 05:02 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I hope he's not talking about 1/4 for each person.....

but yeah its usually around $25 for an 8th and $50 for a quarter here in southern california..

"I wouldnt mind a slight trip(level 2 or 3 Im guessing), aka A mind blowing night that will leave me wanting to try shroomz at a possible later time, yah know what I mean?"
Yes I certainly know what you mean - 4 people splitting 1/4 oz should at least intrigue you and show you a slight level of the magic that shrooms have to offer. If you chill with some good psychedelic music and close your eyes you'll certainly get some impressive CEVs if all you've done is E before this :smile: It will knock your socks off  :shocked:  :confused: :cool: :crazy: :wink: :laugh:

"Is it sorta like when someone ask me how ectacy feels I cant quite explain the feeling?"
I haven't done e because I'm basically just into psychedelics, but yes. Its sorta like that - its a feeling that you can only imagine once you've felt it. Just like how before you ever got burnt by something really hot you didn't know what that would be like either :wink:

"Music-I have plenty of techno:trance, and a bit of hard house...Alternative music is mainly part of my collection. Will this work?"
I can't talk about music and psychedelics without mentioning Shpongle - seems to be the most high-tech electronic stuff I've ever heard - a showcase for audio technology of sorts.... but yeah most electronic stuff is good - see if you can't find some more chill-out electronic stuff - the hard trance and techno is just that... "hard." but you'll still enjoy it; no doubt about that :smile: pick something you really dig while sober.

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

#1081291 - 11/24/02 09:41 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
yyyyyyyyybbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
bbbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Edited by DreaMaTrix (11/24/02 11:10 AM)

OfflineShamanSean
the MilitantMind

Loc: CA, USA, the Bay Area
    #1081298 - 11/24/02 09:56 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Dont bring along anyone with you who is not tripping, they will naturally ask annoying questions and try to mess with you, they might hate on you, and later when your all talking about it, the only thing they will talk about is how dumb you looked or shit like that and you just dont need that shit.
an 1/8th is deffinently NOT enough for 4 people. You will NOT have any visuals, you will prably only get a MINOR body high and that is all. Its dissapointing that those 2 greedy muther fuckers who have done shrooms b4 are getting in on this cuz they must know that an 1/8th is not enough.
As for the movies, dont watch them, this is your first experience, you dont want to be distracted.
So get more shrooms, get a half Oz ( 4/8ths or 1/4th as others are calling it; its the same thing)and if you cant get more then tell those fudge packing bitches who have done shrooms b4 to fuck off. You should come at them crazy for tryin to take away from your experience.

--------------------
"So take my advice and dont quit. Cuz if u do, you wont get shit - bitch! "

-Too Short

OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
Re: Please Respond, I need all the help I can get! [Re: ShamanSean]
    #1081561 - 11/24/02 01:27 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

yeah id have to agree with the above guy, dont bring anyone with you who isnt tripping. even if they mean well its hard not to get kindof grouchy or bitter if you just sitting there watching your buddie off in some other world, although sometimes a non stoned person who knows what a trip is like and has experience can really help you if the trip turns bad. also id deifnetly say do more mushrooms like a 2 or 3 gram dose is amazing for me anyways. As for movies i Absolutely love watching fear and loathing in las vegas and other trippy movies, but i do this mostly when im tripping alone to give me something to focus on and drive away the fear, but when im with my loyal tripping buddies, its eat as much as we can get our grimy hands on and out into the wilderness for a6 hours of complete mindbending madness, followed by 3 hours of confusedly trying to piece together our shatterd realities and what happend and what it all means and asking endless unanswerabl;e questions, followed by a sleepless night of dazed pontification, followed by a wake and bake pot sesh to get us back into the game... so basically my point is maybe watch one movie right after you dose, the movie will be funny and set the tone for the trip, and youll start feeling the shrooms like halfway through. By the time the movie ends you should be peaking out and thats a good time to head out for a walk about. ( i say NEVER go a whole trip without an outdoor excusrion, nature, stars, moon, clouds, grrass , flowers, snow.. its AMAZING) as for music i cant imagine using hard rock or alternative or whatever for a trip, id always go with techno/electronic/ambient music.
To summarize my suggestions:
-more mush
-one movie
-no rock
-no sitter
-go outside
-and 4 people is prolly good, i always have 3, thats just the best number for me. me and my buddies have always formulated out theories on why this is, and why we work so well together. Im 'loud forwards' Jonny is 'middle sideways' and mitch is 'silent seven' or something like that.. but for us that dynamic is perfect, and i say for a mush trip only trip with a few of your closest friends.
hope its good for ya, peace

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

#1081814 - 11/24/02 03:20 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

an 1/8 for 4 people is no fun. i recommend exploring nature or yer house rather than watching a movie too.

Imaginary Fu(k

Re: Please Respond, I need all the help I can get! [Re: spud]
    #1082384 - 11/24/02 08:25 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Lately its been cold and windy outside during the day and during the night its cold and wet, Any idea on how the weather might affect us? Which would be a better time to eat them? Thanks For You Response :confused: 

--------------------

Imaginary Fu(k

Re: Please Respond, I need all the help I can get! [Re: Xlea321]
    #1082387 - 11/24/02 08:27 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I was wondering what should I keep myself hydrated with, or do I not need to worry about all of that? Are there any foods that could keep my stomach settle before the big day?

--------------------

Offlinesmilin'buddha
king shiznit
Loc: cowtown, canada
    #1082412 - 11/24/02 08:43 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

My two cents:

Consider staggering the launch times of the 4 people. Perhaps one newbie and one of the experienced among you take off at T + 00...maybe at T + 90 minutes, the other folks take off. Or the newbies first and the experienced later.

I found this particularly useful during intense trip sessions. Despite what you might think, you do get to enjoy a lot of massive intense moments all together for a couple hours (which in mushroom land should feel quite like an eternity). The benefits are great - you feel safe the whole time and while the people who dosed later are going through their moment of awakening, the other two folks have come down enough that they can share the experience but with a more alert sensibility.

If the people who haven't dosed yet are feeling super ancy, when they munch, encourage them to smoke a bowl or have a nitrous balloon -- it will speed up their onset so they can be on the same page.

Good luck, fellow voyager, and Peace.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Balloons, Cracker, Nitrous Oxide, Pink Floyd, Shpongle

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience