Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleRonPaulVerm
Piss Christ
Male

Manure unpasteurized but wet. In jars for days. OK to continue?
    #10795965 - 08/03/09 11:50 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Scenario:
Say a grower had cow or horse manure in jars already mixed up with straw and verm AND soaked to field capacity...
However, the jars were not pasteurized for a day or two. Would the jars be okay to use?
My educated guess is: As long as there aren't any signs of foreign growth (non-mycelial), then a RR jar in-the-PC pasteurization can be the growers next step for a safe grow.

Then think about covering the 2 day old jars with tyvek and letting it sit even longer (2 more days let's say). Would the grower be in good shape for pasteurization?

Then think about the SMELL! :eek:
hahaha

--------------------
Spawn I Have: Blewitt, Reishi, Maitake, Chicken of the Woods, Parasol, Shaggy Mane, King, Blue and Gold Oyster, Shiitake, King Stropharia, Lions Mane, Almond Portabello, Elm Oyster, Phoenix Oyster, Nameko, Enoki, White Beech,

Spawn I Want: Corcyceps Sp., Cauliflower Mushrooms, Agaricus species (Portobello), Pink Oyster, Piopinno, ...anything else you might have

Primitive Skills                                     

Any information I've posted is only related to fictional purposes. I do not advocate growing any illegal mushrooms 
...I DO advocate learning about
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

Edited by RonPaulVerm (08/03/09 11:51 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedurka_durka420
Got Fungus?
Male User Gallery

Loc: the south
Re: Manure unpasteurized but wet. In jars for days. OK to continue? [Re: RonPaulVerm]
    #10796035 - 08/04/09 12:15 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

it will still work aslong as the good bacterias didnt get over taken by the bad bacterias/microbes but if your pasturizing they should go ok and best for pasturizing is a pillowcase and a slow cooker pasturizing in jars is to much work and alot more unpredictable due to the fact you cant moniter internal temp as easy...or use a steam pasturizer those make pasturizing a sinch! but i dont have one wish i did....but pasturize them ASAP!!! and minds well learn how to pasturize the standard way is good so you dont need to make up a ton of jars for alittle bit of substrate...

and dont take RR's teks as a save all method sometimes his methods are not the easiest way of doing certain things..also he makes some things more time consuming then they need to be....theres alot of users on this forum with just as much smarts as him but best advice does come from someone with a "trusted cultivator" tag under their name

--------------------

Offlinesmurfyshmu
It gets crazy
 User Gallery

Re: Manure unpasteurized but wet. In jars for days. OK to continue? [Re: durka_durka420]
    #10796144 - 08/04/09 12:53 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

durka_durka420 said:

and dont take RR's teks as a save all method sometimes his methods are not the easiest way of doing certain things..also he makes some things more time consuming then they need to be....theres alot of users on this forum with just as much smarts as him but best advice does come from someone with a "trusted cultivator" tag under their name

Pretty bold statement to say cowboy.  That isn't a positive way to contribute to these forums.  :lame:

InvisibleRonPaulVerm
Piss Christ
Male

Re: Manure unpasteurized but wet. In jars for days. OK to continue? [Re: smurfyshmu]
    #10798397 - 08/04/09 12:41 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

To each his own.
Thanks for the input.
I would think pillow case with manure would smell

--------------------
Spawn I Have: Blewitt, Reishi, Maitake, Chicken of the Woods, Parasol, Shaggy Mane, King, Blue and Gold Oyster, Shiitake, King Stropharia, Lions Mane, Almond Portabello, Elm Oyster, Phoenix Oyster, Nameko, Enoki, White Beech,

Spawn I Want: Corcyceps Sp., Cauliflower Mushrooms, Agaricus species (Portobello), Pink Oyster, Piopinno, ...anything else you might have

Primitive Skills                                     

Any information I've posted is only related to fictional purposes. I do not advocate growing any illegal mushrooms 

InvisibleSlimz
.-~*´`*·~-experience-~*´`*·~-.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Maryland
Re: Manure unpasteurized but wet. In jars for days. OK to continue? [Re: RonPaulVerm]
    #10798535 - 08/04/09 01:02 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

RR does thing the most correct way from a research and scientific perspective..

there are lots of ways to do something.. duct tape will work in MANY situations that call for other forms of bonding. however when the choice is duct tape or welding, many people will choose duct tape because welding is to involved. however that does not mean that the guy that decides to weld it is making it harder than it has to be, he is just doing it the proper way...

--------------------
Lazy Drywall Tek (no powdery mess)

This series will blow your mind and confirm what you already know to be true.
The Pharmacratic Inquisition
Best Thread Ever ! ! !

:pm: me if you have questions about lasers

Although i may advise others in a general way regarding all types of mushroom grows, and may even post question from other forums about growing "active" mushrooms, i only grow non-"active" mushrooms and edibles.

FeelFamily resident tech guru

OfflinePsuper
Psilocybin

Loc: PNW
    #10798556 - 08/04/09 01:05 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

RonPaulVerm said:
I would think pillow case with manure would smell

Well, it doesn't.  Or rather, it smells just like fresh dirt if you're using appropriately aged manure. Even working with lots of manure, like when you're leveling a garden bed on your hands-and-knees, isn't unpleasant at all.  ~Pixie~

--------------------
Clinical Management of High Dose Psilocybin Sessions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbHOTIqjZLk

InvisibleRonPaulVerm
Piss Christ
Male

Re: Manure unpasteurized but wet. In jars for days. OK to continue? [Re: Psuper]
    #10800466 - 08/04/09 06:08 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

get it wet though...

--------------------

Primitive Skills                                     

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags