Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, DXM, The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMuad'Dib
Stranger
Psilocybin and Diphenhydramine (cheap benzo-trip?)
    #1080032 - 11/23/02 08:48 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

I was wondering if anyone has any information about mixing Diphenhydramine Hcl (sleeping pills, Benadryl, etc.) with psilocybin? Would the drowsy/relaxing effect help to take the edge off a trip like a muscle relaxer such as xanax or valium does? Would the psilocybin cancel out any effects, or could this basically be a poor man's benzo-trip? Thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineShamanSean
the MilitantMind

Loc: CA, USA, the Bay Area
Re: Psilocybin and Diphenhydramine (cheap benzo-trip?) [Re: Muad'Dib]
    #1080456 - 11/24/02 12:12 AM (14 years, 12 days ago)

try it and see when u can afford to possibly waste a dose of shrooms in case u arnt satisfied.

--------------------
"So take my advice and dont quit. Cuz if u do, you wont get shit - bitch! "

-Too Short

Offlinecybernaut3
journeyman
    #1082612 - 11/24/02 10:37 PM (14 years, 11 days ago)

"poor man's benzo-trip"? last time i checked benzos are cheap as fuck... certainly a lot cheaper than mushrooms. you're only saving less than five bucks ... those OTC anticholinergics always make me edgy, even when i take them at low medical doses. anticholinergics would probably make your trip more visual, less emotional, less mellow... less likely to be anything more than an interesting experiment. certainly not analogous to a benzo-trip. some south american shamans spike their ayahuasca brews with datura, but that of course involves a higher dose of anticholinergics than you are probably talking about.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #1082695 - 11/24/02 11:04 PM (14 years, 11 days ago)

hmmm i thought benzos where valium and xanax

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineAcursedRedDragon
Legacy ofBrutality
Loc: Opium Den
Re: Psilocybin and Diphenhydramine (cheap benzo-trip?) [Re: baraka]
    #1082717 - 11/24/02 11:13 PM (14 years, 11 days ago)

they are.

Offlinemachineelf368
self-transforming

Loc: in the mountains, awaitin...
    #1083277 - 11/25/02 02:02 AM (14 years, 11 days ago)

i mix almost every time i trip. shrooms make my stomach all queasy and nauseated, and diphenhydramine is an anti-nauseant. i only take one or two pills, the recommended dosage. any more than that and the drowsiness really gets me down. if you want to take diphenhydramine to trip on, that's a different story. i would expect 8 or 9 pills with an eighth of shrooms would give some very interesting results. it doesn't seem to me that the two would cancel each other out, but i've never tried. i suggest trying it yourself, but be careful because you'll get really really really tired in about two hours. i remember when i took a trip to england i wanted to take dxm, so i bought two bottles of cough syrup to drink. one of the bottles, i didn't notice until after i drank, wasn't pure dxm, it also had diphenhydramine. well an hour into it i laid down to listen to some music (DXM Locke, i believe it was) and the next thing i know it's 5 hours later. that stuff'll really knock you out. good luck though!
-m

--------------------
(the above was deciphered from phi (~1.62) using an advanced alphanumeric conversion algorhythm and should not be perceived as meaningful.)

OfflineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
    #1090308 - 11/27/02 08:04 AM (14 years, 9 days ago)

Diphenhydramine? Nope.

Once this girl I knew had a severely bad LSD trip. She desperately wanted Promethazine to cancel it out, but this was futile: she merely got drowsy AND was tripping bad.

Promethazine is the stronger brother of Diphenhydramine: Both are primarily histamine antagonists (makes you drowsy and less allergic to all sorts of stuff) with Anticholinergic (Belladonna-like) side effects. Antihistamines are useless against Trip anxieties.

Benzo(diazepine)s like Xanax DO work great & this is because they fortify the neurotransmitter GABA (Gamma-aminobutyric acid; the amino analogue of GHB) In order to have a "BenzoTrip"-like experience one has to take a comed that works on GABA the same way.

There IS such a thing; Legal, Cheap and Readily Available.
It is a form of Vitamin B-3 called Nicotinic Acid Amide aka Niacinamide aka Nicotinamide. This is not Nicotinic ACID aka NIACIN: this gives a bodyrush which is far from pleasant. A good health food store or vitamin supplier can get you a pot with 100 tabs of 100mg Niacinamide for about $ 5.
How much to take, then?

Let's say you'd want to take 1-2.5grams of Cubies, or about 10-12mgs of Psilocybin, this being a relatively good dose. (around LEVEL 3) To make this a "BenzoTrip" one has to add the equivalent of 1.25-2.5mgs of Valium, a tiny amount. This is where our friend B-3 AMIDE comes in!

"100mg Niacinamide equals 1-2mgs of Diazepam (Valium)"

For named Level 3 Trip you simply have to pop 100-300mgs of Niacinamide at the time of dosing up to experience the healthy equivalent of a BenzoTrip, this being a trip of reduced anxieties and body discomforts.

If you add B-3 AMIDE to a trip gone sour, expect a strong increase of effects within 5min and lasting about 15-30min before it gradually mellows stuff out.
You should NOT do this: in the rare case a trip should be stopped or mellowed, one simply cannot afford to intensify it. Hitting the brakes on a bad trip should only be reserved for REAL CRISIS EVENTS, but it's OK to pop a little B-3 AMIDE or a tiny piece of Benzo at the time of ingesting.

B-3 Amide should not be taken in amounts greater then 10mgs per kg bodyweight if it is to be used daily and for the once in a while Trip one can go to roughly 15-20mg/kg. Remember that if there's too much B-3 Amide or Benzo added to a Trip (like Valium 10 or a gram of B3 Amide on a Level 3) the trip will lose it's quality, potency or will stop alltogether IN MOST CASES.

I've got a thread called "Everybody Read This: Psychedelics & Benzo's" buried deeply into the TripTips forum. Please dig it up for more info on BenzoTripping and B3-Tripping & add some comment to make it pop up again! :grin:

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

Offlinekelseyjoy
Stranger
    #14693758 - 06/29/11 09:55 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

I did it once, like 400 mg of benadryl and 3 caps and 3 stems, i also smoked a bowl of some dank. It was weird, i was so tired i caant remember some things, but i do remember walking on concrete and it felt like quick sand, everything else was fine, like my grass and carpet, but the concrete was like quick sand haha. It's not that great, just stick with shrooms, benadryl fucks your system up too.

Offlinedrr
Female
Re: Psilocybin and Diphenhydramine (cheap benzo-trip?) [Re: kelseyjoy]
    #14693781 - 06/29/11 09:57 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

kelseyjoy said:
I did it once, like 400 mg of benadryl and 3 caps and 3 stems, i also smoked a bowl of some dank. It was weird, i was so tired i caant remember some things, but i do remember walking on concrete and it felt like quick sand, everything else was fine, like my grass and carpet, but the concrete was like quick sand haha. It's not that great, just stick with shrooms, benadryl fucks your system up too.

:foreveralone:

--------------------
Dr. Robert

OfflineConnoisseurS
mad prophet of the air waves
Male User Gallery

Loc: LI
Re: Psilocybin and Diphenhydramine (cheap benzo-trip?) [Re: drr]
    #14693928 - 06/29/11 10:31 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

:oldthread:

OfflineHarryLS
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
Re: Psilocybin and Diphenhydramine (cheap benzo-trip?) [Re: Connoisseur]
    #14694282 - 06/29/11 11:42 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Really..'9 year old thread????

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

Offlinetipsy
Stranger
    #17076040 - 10/21/12 11:09 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

try at your own risk, i was tripping on 8th of shrooms when i dosed myself at about 400mg dph. for those of you who have tried benzo trippin you know that uncomfortable feeling you get,almost paranoia in the back of your mind. it started off as a great trip on shrooms when for some reason idk why i ate a handle full of benz. at first it was pretty fun unlike the mushrooms hallucinations playing on things that were already there the walls the doors etc things started like usual when benzo tripping would appear out of thing air. and whats real and just head in your head becomes very hard to tell apart,With a normal benzo trip realizing you've been talking to someone that wasn't there is normal and u might laugh about it. while on shrooms it just felt unnerving, after realizing i was unable to handle watching the movie i was watching "skyline" i went to room to relax, during that time i dont how long it was but i only got worse. my heart was pounding out of my chest and would randomly slow almost stop to a drawn out beat, during this i felt like the life was almost draining out of me. i still dont know if it was just in my head or if it was real, and for being someone who has been around death, and always been at peace with goin when my time comes i was scared shitless thinkin for sure i was a gonner. i went online to say good bye to my friends in family still thinkin i was on my death bed, all i wrote was "I'm sorry...goodbye". it was then at this point i felt an almost shivering feeling and came too convulsing and shaking in my bedroom, i never went online i never even went down stairs. at this point i puked a little bit easing the nausea i had been feeling, i started to calm down a little bit after smoking a bowl and started to almost feel good again. i took advantage of this opportunity and went to sleep and thankfully woke up in the morning. to some it up shrooms is tripping, dph is a mind fuck! mixing the two absolutely ruined my trip, some thrill seekers out there might enjoy this but i did not, and to such a far point that i took a break from drugs for a little while after. exept weed its a plant after all right? anyway thats my experience with mixing dph and shrooms, try at your own risk cuz this is defiantly not for the faint of heart

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, DXM, The Doors

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience