Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAircooled
Litre-A-Cola
 User Gallery

Loc: Chee...
Re: Dextromethorphan users around? [Re: Janamil]
    #10786925 - 08/02/09 04:49 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Janamil said:
Anyway all I wanted to say is I'm switching to Mushrooms and I'm most likely going to grow and use weekly or so,

Good luck tripping every weekend. Tolerances bro, tolerances.

--------------------
"Jack thought it twice and thought that that had made it true. Some brains just work that way, that's what chemicals can do."

BTS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLaughingSoDreamy
Tripper of the trips.

#10787346 - 08/02/09 05:56 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I did sooo much DXM its ridiculous, mainly cause i like the feeling (minus the sickness). Overall it was one of my fav drugs, id try K but idk i liked robo alot id get addicted to K i bet. I also liked DXM cause it was always ready for availability, and 1600 MG i think i did liek a 1200 MG dose like once and i like just like 1 bottle for me gets me to third plateau easy. Reason i really need to stop doing it is cause i can feel it makes me slower and just well disoriented. I loved the out of body feeling and just walking around listening to music all slow and stuff its cool. I also like it cause i never get a bad trip except once i mixed it with some vodka wasnt good. But i would love to try some powder that prob be a more pleasant experience than chugging cough syrup. Its only dissoactive drug ive done and i like it more than phydaelics imo seeing how ive had way more pleasant experiences on it, ive had my good times on phydaelics but ive also had very unpleasant times on mushrooms mainly, not really LSD which i love but only did like 3 times due to its hard finding real stuff around here.

InvisibleJanamil

Re: Dextromethorphan users around? [Re: pfxtc]
    #10787850 - 08/02/09 07:20 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

pfxtc said:
Quote:

Janamil said:
Quote:

Mo0se said:
Yea, I agree.  If you don't have pure DXM powder, the gel capsules are the way to go.  Either the Robotussin brand or better yet DexAlone which is 30 mg per capsule and as the name suggests has only DXM as the active ingredient.  No nausea for me that way.  I usually enjoyed the trips somewhat.  However, the day or two afterwords I felt completely mentally repaired.  It was like someone bulled a blinder over my mental processes.  I decided to not take it anymore, except for maybe once in a great while.

I like the mushroom experience more anyways, and it doesn't give me a nasty hangover.:mushroom2::mushroom2:

I actually had a really bad experience on Robo gels. I took one every five minutes until I ran out. I four bottles and I didn't eat to try and help with any nausea I experienced.. that was a horrible idea. I ended puking violently with that red crap in the pills everywhere. Oh god it was so bad.

My favorite thing to do on DXM is listen to music or watch a movie. I end up acting out the characters with different expressions and using the audio as the background, my friends usually watch me when there tripping instead of the movie and think its fucking hilarious. I also love listening to audio books on MP3 like the Drizzt serious or so, you end up visualizing in a sort of way everything around you but you still know your staring at the wall. You enter the book, I ended up developing a dwarfish accent for about an hour. Honestly DXM has destroyed my social well being but Ive had sooo much fun on it. Going to a rave on it is godly. Get a first or second plateau and yeah. Its just sooo fun to dance when you can feel the beat in every part of your body.

One reason I love DXM is because of the fact that its so fucking complicated. Its a combination of two drugs (Like shrooms, but Ive heard only one is psychoactive? or reaches the brain?) anyway. One is DXM and one is DXO, if you mess around with the administration of how you put it in your body, you can either have a good drunk/stoning effect or a completely psychoactive psychosis mindfuck if you get to much DXM/DXO ratio.

My favorite way to take it is probably lozenges, you just microwave them for awhile and stir it add some water and almost pure powder will be on the bottom. Then you just dissolve that into some Ibuprofen gel caps 3-4. I wish I could use aspirin due to the blood pressure increase from the DXM but aspirin doesn't come in gel caps. Ill find the source but I also heard that putting it into the chemicals in gel caps allows the DXM to be absorbed completely before its dropped down into the GI tract. I believe this was a paper written by William White the researcher that wrote that huge FAQ. It makes since too, because I took a gram of powder once and it felt like I took robo gels.

Its odd though, Ive heard people getting good closed visuals with DXM. I have never had closed visuals with DXM. Ive had sort of the saliva thing where you kinda float over your body with still the same vision and where everything has a rhythm but never any closed eye visuals :frown:. Maybe its because I dream in a type of thought and not very clear? who knows. I get massive visuals on mushrooms though which is very nice.

Quote:

oxalic32 said:
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/dxm_effects1.shtml

That article describes DXM visuals in detail.

I've personally never touched DXM. As far as dissociatives going all the way is what counts.

Low doses of  dissociatives usually make you clumbsy, uncomfortable, and the visual effects seem silly and meaningless.

At high doses you have complete separation of mind and body. I know many people who completely separate and just wander around places they have been. Meanwhile there body is just laying there seeming dead as they float around vast landscapes.

Its not something for everyone. High doses can be scary as fuck. You just need to remember if you measured your dose correctly you aren't dead and you'll be back communicating with your body as soon as the drugs wear off.

Yeah DXM has the sort of thing where you can leave your body, but its not much of a spiritual experience to discover yourself. Its sort of the opposite. You become other things, I have developed so many accents on DXM before. Ones I couldn't produce when I was sober. Yeah, Ive been really really high on the DXM scale. The only thing Ive ever really felt was just tiredness.. complete tiredness. I wanted it to stop, my body could not rest. Other then that I was pretty fine, I did once hit fourth I believe with that zicam 1600mg. I dont remember most of it just the fact that everyone was speaking gibberish so I thought I had to speak gibberish to speak English.

Also Ive heard of people having amazing closed eye visuals with color and detail. Amazing unexplainable ones. Ive never had them but then again my first experience with DXM was with Zicam and I ended up stopping time in my Alcohol Anonymous meeting.. playing drug jeopardy. Then ended up with a second plateau the next day, then a first plateau the next day. It lasted a week or so on one bottle of Zicam 391mg.

No CEV's? Wow, when I close my eyes I'm literally in another place. I can't tell if I'm at my house or really at the other place, that's how real it looks... and feels.

Yeah.. Ive heard of that aswell. I have gotten "feelings" Feelings like Im in a fair, or in the movies or something like that. I have had music speed up, slow down, I had the ability to feel every guitar strum in a certain part of my body, and the drums in a different part but other then that I haven't had visuals. Probably because of my personality or unique brain chemistry. Ive been diagnosed with Bipolar, adhd, ocd, ect.. a shit load of things. They now put it under "Asperbers Syndrome" which is a high functioning autism. I guess I don't think like normal people do.. like when I dream I don't exactly dream. I dream in feelings, I know where I am but my pictures are very very vague if there are any pictures at all. Also my personality must always stay in control at all times. Thats why when I do (did) Diphenhydramine I rarely trip on it, and when I start feeling spiders everywhere it instantly goes away under my control. The last time I did diphen I did a huge ammount and trip VERY hard but I also believe I had a mild heart attack so Im never going to touch that stuff again. I felt the trip, but Im never going back to it.

The most DXM Ive gotten was sigma, which wasn't visual at all for me. Just my thoughts were FUCKED up. I mean its unexplainable. I rationalize everything I do and that rationalization was so out of sorts it wasn't even funny. Still no visuals though, just memory flanging. No CEVs.

This is one of the reasons why Im switching to mushrooms, I could not control it. Subconsciously or consciously. It was quiet nice to be out of control for once. The visions were amazing. The only bad part is my body kept on spazzing the hell out and I couldn't stop screaming. For my first trip anyway, I mean I was screaming but a very high pitched screaming that later hurt my throat. It wasn't very loud.. just I sounded like a goblin being raped for about 4 hours. My friends were watching a movie and would just randomly look at me to see if I was okay.

Quote:

Aircooled said:
Quote:

Janamil said:
Anyway all I wanted to say is I'm switching to Mushrooms and I'm most likely going to grow and use weekly or so,

Good luck tripping every weekend. Tolerances bro, tolerances.

Wait, Tolerances? I'm going to be growing and not selling so Im going to have a mass amount of mushrooms. Will mushrooms lose "The Magic" like DXM does? I rarely get the "ZOMFG time has stopped" anymore. Just sensory flanging and shit. I mean I can deal with eating more mushrooms but if I lose "The Magic" will I be able to regain it? (Mixing it with other substances? I actually want to try DXM and Mushrooms or a tolerance break?)

Edited by Janamil (08/02/09 07:26 PM)

InvisibleMoo456
Pied_Piper

#10787894 - 08/02/09 07:30 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Mental disorders? Screaming for 4 hours? You should consider not tripping anywhere near once a week.

--------------------

Offlineheirofgrace
Titus 2:11-14; 3:3-7
Loc: Portland, OR
Re: Dextromethorphan users around? [Re: LaughingSoDreamy]
    #10787901 - 08/02/09 07:31 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

DXM is really a powerful, altered, looong experience. I am quite fond of it as well. But man, life just isn't any different when its over.

On the other hand, Psilocybin mushrooms are powerful, altered, long, and life-changing. Personally, I feel the chemicals interact with the brain like a rapid psychological flush, as if you've fasted several weeks. The result is a spiritual catharsis.

DXM is intense, pleasant, and interesting. I would enjoy it on ocassion if it weren't for the way it hits my body. In fact, once it noticeably swelled up my cheeks for the next day or two. I will also add that I had the most disturbing experience of my life, totally in my mind, on DXM.

Besides, shouldn't we care about natural, organic substances that meet our bodies with rewards? I'm not sure DXM can even be found and had in whatever plant they get it from. And there aren't any substantial benefits from their use. I used them starting in HS when I couldn't get much anything else.

Geez, I remember calling a friend in Albertson's, asking him to help me think, whether I should buy a couple bottles of cough syrup. It was interesting. I really wanted to get high, but I knew it wouldn't be good for me, and once it was over, I knew nothing would be changed.

We all know better. Drugs shouldn't be used to make us feel better, or feel different, or feel high.  If we are, we're just missing the target, maybe in a lot of ways we don't see yet.

However, Psilocybin shrooms - I would challenge anyone to come out of its experience and see if they not carry away some real life-changing benefits. Yet even people can abuse them with extreme, frequent use. Spiritual experiences need a good amount of time to be digested and reflected on.

Well, there's my brief take on drugs, dxm, and shrooms.

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Dextromethorphan users around? [Re: heirofgrace]
    #10788121 - 08/02/09 08:05 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Well with bipolar and all that other crap you're diagnosed with, I'd stray from these types of things, you already got some heavy shit going on, not to put you down.

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

OfflineMo0se
Stranger

Re: Dextromethorphan users around? [Re: heirofgrace]
    #10788134 - 08/02/09 08:06 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

heirofgrace said:

DXM is intense, pleasant, and interesting. I would enjoy it on ocassion if it weren't for the way it hits my body. In fact, once it noticeably swelled up my cheeks for the next day or two. I will also add that I had the most disturbing experience of my life, totally in my mind, on DXM.

Besides, shouldn't we care about natural, organic substances that meet our bodies with rewards? I'm not sure DXM can even be found and had in whatever plant they get it from. And there aren't any substantial benefits from their use. I used them starting in HS when I couldn't get much anything else.

Actually, I would say that the most influential trip of my life was on DXM.  As in, it was the catalyst for a major personal decision of mine.  It's all on how you approach the experience.  If you have preconceptions that you aren't going to get anything out of it, it's very likely you won't.  Of course, like you mentioned and I mentioned a few posts ago, it gives a terrible hangover and is in all likelihood terrible for the body.

Offlineoxalic32
Male

Loc: .
Re: Dextromethorphan users around? [Re: pfxtc]
    #10788154 - 08/02/09 08:08 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I'm saying you can go all the way. But dissociatives in general feel like 2 different drugs based on how far you go. When you're stuck in your body you are clumbsy and have a rather uncomfortable body high. You usually dont get intense visuals. If you leave your body the body high isnt really felt. You also have a really insane time.

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Dextromethorphan users around? [Re: Mo0se]
    #10788153 - 08/02/09 08:08 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

The hangovers not all that bad if you have nothing to do, it's a lot of fun to robot walk around the house all day with your crazy ass thought process going on, but when you have to drive to work or see the dentist the next day (yeah woops) it's not all that fun.

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

InvisibleJanamil

Re: Dextromethorphan users around? [Re: Moo456]
    #10788236 - 08/02/09 08:22 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Moo456 said:
Mental disorders? Screaming for 4 hours? You should consider not tripping anywhere near once a week.

Many people have already told me these things but Ive tripped REALLY hard and I believe I have had a few phychoatic breaks on DXM or maybe I was just tripping really hard without a sitter (Shaved my head, ect). I believe these drugs have allowed me to explore my different ways of thinking in ways I could never do before, yes I'm playing with fire but now that I know warmth I can never go back.

I'm going to go into medical research to help others with my ability to think and absorb as much information as possible about a particular subject. Hopefully Ill make it so I can help people and I will also experiment with as many psychedelics as I possibly can in my lifetime. If I flip a switch in my brain, and end up going insane well I knew that may happen I just hope I can give back to society if/before it happens.

Ive done a lot of "kiddy" drugs. Also yeah idk what the fuck was with the mushrooms and screaming.. it seemed to stimulate me more then I could actually handle. My muscles were spasming and shit, and but it was pretty nice when listening to music because I could control the spasms to the beat which made it a lot better.  I believe I had a bit of DXM in my system though.

List of drugs Ive done: Weed (north lights is my favorite, but Ive never tried white widow), Diphenhydramine (Makes me sick thinking about it now, good experience but I never want to do it again), Dextromethorphan, Salvia, Alcohol, absinthe, mushrooms, LSA (I want to try LSD, its just so hard to find around here), Uh.. I think thats it. Oh I was going to try deadly nightshade but I couldn't get a sitter for three days.

InvisibleMoo456
Pied_Piper

#10788308 - 08/02/09 08:34 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Well you need to either do lower doses or do it less often. Youve only been doing DXM for 4 months and youve done a 1600mg dose. Ive been doing it for 4 years and Ive only done 1300mg. No wonder it lost its magic for you.

--------------------

InvisibleJanamil

Re: Dextromethorphan users around? [Re: Moo456]
    #10788548 - 08/02/09 09:14 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Actually, Ive never really had "magic" My magic was time slowing down to a stand still. After my first few doses it was gone due to my enzyme deficiency (A theory I know, but what the fuck else could it be? my first 400mg dose lasted 5 days, sixth day was partial first plat and then a migraine from withdraws. First migraine ever..) The only reason I did it so much was because it was amazing and because it lasted in my system so fucking long.

I had the "dirty" high and no psychedelic part of the trip. I believe it was DXO that was in my blood and no DXM after the first 5 hours or so. So DXO stayed in my system for a LONG time. So to get rid of that and have more fun, I took more DXM starting the loop over again. Ive heard of people having a CYP2D6 enyzme problem where they wouldn't break down DXM into DXO, it would just go directly to 3mm or whatever it is. Very slowly causing a huge powerful trip but for me, I get rid of the DXM and stay with DXO. So I believe the problem lies in my CYP3A4 enzyme. Hell I still may have some DXO in my system. I'm not sure. Its odd though, the tolerance with DXO seems to be subconscious. So when I wake up, its very strong and about a half hour later it balances out to being sober. Same thing if you change your environment drastically (Car ride, Staying inside a tub of water, Concert, Public crowded place ect)

At one point I had the ability to stay high on DXO alone and be sober when I wanted to be and then take a bath and get really fucked up, I don't believe it was a placebo because sensory flanging came back and music euphoria, music slowing down/speeding up ect.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#10792656 - 08/03/09 02:42 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

DXM P@wns agent lemon or pure only tho

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

OfflineMalfoy
Stranger

#10792819 - 08/03/09 03:08 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I've had DXM twice, but only low doses.
The first time I had 300mg, and the second time I tried having 450mg, but the cough syrup is a lot worse than even vodka. I vomited a good amount of it before I finished it. Then the guaifenesin kicked in and everything that was in my stomach sprayed out of my mouth onto the ground and furniture. 300mg is light, but there were a few effects. It was like a more comfortable and speedy version of being drunk, and I felt a bit dreamy while sitting down. Doing nothing was actually very nice, more so than doing nothing while on weed. When I walked, I made small leaps instead of normal steps, and when I jumped, I got an extra 6-8 inches off the ground. At the end, it was kind of like a stimulant. I felt hyper, and fast music sounded great. After about 8 hours, I turned down the lights, turned up the music, and saw the environment warp a bit. The CEVs were really cool, there were ribbon-like streams around everything, and it was kind of jewel-like. By CEVs, I also mean OEVs in a pretty dark room. I'd want to try it again, but even these two minor trips made me feel slightly stupider for a few weeks afterward. Not worth the damage IMO, but fun to try once or twice.

OfflineMo0se
Stranger

Re: Dextromethorphan users around? [Re: Malfoy]
    #10792844 - 08/03/09 03:11 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Malfoy said:
Then the guaifenesin kicked in and everything that was in my stomach sprayed out of my mouth onto the ground and furniture.

This is why you only take stuff with DXM as the ONLY active ingredient if you are going to try it.  Agree though, it just FEELS like its hard on your brain, which is reason enough to not do it much at all.

OfflineMalfoy
Stranger

Re: Dextromethorphan users around? [Re: Mo0se]
    #10793032 - 08/03/09 03:39 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

This is why you only take stuff with DXM as the ONLY active ingredient if you are going to try it.

I thought I'd be able to hold it in my mouth and swallow it back in if I needed to, but it was a strong blast that didn't give me any time.
Damn my idiocy. :/

Quote:

Agree though, it just FEELS like its hard on your brain

Yeah, the damage feels way more permanent than weed which either makes you feel great the next morning or it gives you bad memory and a somber personality for a day or so. I've had weed burnouts from single experiences that lasted a few weeks, but those were exceptions, and I got MUCH higher from those experiences than I did with the bit of DXM.

Edited by Malfoy (08/03/09 03:41 PM)

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Dextromethorphan users around? [Re: Malfoy]
    #10793051 - 08/03/09 03:42 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

i dunno extract doesnt feel that taxing at all but drinking th syrup did back in the day

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

InvisibleJanamil

Re: Dextromethorphan users around? [Re: thedudenj]
    #10796037 - 08/04/09 12:17 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Well... I failed at not doing DXM, I just chugged a bottle an hour ago. Going to chug two more and watch, Watchmen. My last few times of DXM.. must make the most out of them. My friends took some CCCs though. Morons.. I would rather almost puke chugging Robitussin then die from a antihistamine overdose.

Offline420psychonaut
altered states
Male

#10796157 - 08/04/09 12:55 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

i wanted to try dxm after doing ketamine but im not downing a bottle of robo if i ever come across it in pure form im grabbing that fersho.

--------------------
mind is all:mushroom2:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds