Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: Do u get a different drunk from beer than from liquor than from wine??? [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #10797341 - 08/04/09 09:00 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

just because green dragon is underground doesn't mean anything

finally we agree on something
green dragon is really two dr00gz combined into 1 drink it doesnt really count
all of those herbs and spices maybe have a slight psychoactive effect just like chocolate does
but its so subtle i really doubt any1 could tell the difference

if i could evaporate down a bunch of different alcoholic beverages and then gave them to you in a black capsule in a double blind test u wouldnt be able to notice the difference

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Re: Do u get a different drunk from beer than from liquor than from wine??? [Re: Irdamage]
    #10797343 - 08/04/09 09:01 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Irdamage said:
Is there a difference between Ak47 and Northern Lights? No to the untrained eye.

cannibinoids make all the difference

--------------------

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Do u get a different drunk from beer than from liquor than from wine??? [Re: Coaster]
    #10797354 - 08/04/09 09:05 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

im sure it would depend on the person.  for me when i drink beer i tend to kick back and relax, when i drink liquer the opposite happens.  hops has a really noticable effect, if you don't drink much or havn't tried many brands you prolly havn't realized it.  most of the shitty american beer sucks when it comes to hops.

so yah i have to disagree 100%

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

OfflineIrdamage
Autobot

Loc: Canada
Re: Do u get a different drunk from beer than from liquor than from wine??? [Re: Irdamage]
    #10797355 - 08/04/09 09:05 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

If I post a close up pic of a shot next to a beer would that clear things up? :smirk:

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Re: Do u get a different drunk from beer than from liquor than from wine??? [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #10797367 - 08/04/09 09:10 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:
im sure it would depend on the person.  for me when i drink beer i tend to kick back and relax, when i drink liquer the opposite happens.  hops has a really noticable effect, if you don't drink much or havn't tried many brands you prolly havn't realized it.  most of the shitty american beer sucks when it comes to hops.

when u decide to drink beer instead of liquor u are already in a specific mindset
like when ppl drink champagne they are usually celebrating something so that their mood makes the effects different
when u go to drink liquor u usually arnt in the same mindset u are when ur sippin a beer
its all in ur head
:teacher:

--------------------

OfflineIrdamage
Autobot

Re: Do u get a different drunk from beer than from liquor than from wine??? [Re: Coaster]
    #10797383 - 08/04/09 09:14 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

If there wasn't a difference in both ingredient and effectiveness they wouldn't create  rhyming rules against mixing the two.  ie: Beer before liqour. or Don't mix the grape and grain. :smile:

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

#10797402 - 08/04/09 09:18 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

theres lots of foods that will make you sick if you combine them too
ill prolly vomit drinking milk and jager but doesnt mean the milk gives me a diff high

--------------------

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #10797404 - 08/04/09 09:19 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Coaster said:
Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:

when u decide to drink beer instead of liquor u are already in a specific mindset
like when ppl drink champagne they are usually celebrating something so that their mood makes the effects different
when u go to drink liquor u usually arnt in the same mindset u are when ur sippin a beer
its all in ur head
:teacher:

lol i don't think so...

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Edited by makaveli8x8 (08/04/09 09:20 AM)

OfflineIrdamage
Autobot

#10797427 - 08/04/09 09:24 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

If you drink enough of it, itl probably sure change the experience on your body, probably not for the better.

Congeners, which are the chemical compounds responsible for the taste and color of alcohol due to impurities produced during fermentation, are usually the suggested reason different drinks cause different types of drunk states at different speeds and at different severity.

Seems darker drinks such as whiskeys and red wines contain much more of these than others such as vodka, which makes the effect usually much more noticeable, and therefor different.

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

#10797438 - 08/04/09 09:29 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Congeners are toxic chemicals that are formed during fermentation, some liquors have more of them than others. These congeners are widely responsible for headaches. Simple digest: The clearer your drinks, the less problems you will have the next morning. (Correct only for brandy. Non filtered beer for example can be very good, specially because they contain a large vitamin b complex, which is important to protect you from brain pickling)

--------------------

OfflineIrdamage
Autobot

#10797464 - 08/04/09 09:35 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Thus...the difference in drinking different types of alcohol and the drunkness isn't really in set or setting, but more in your glass.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #10797473 - 08/04/09 09:38 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I don't believe that people get such different highs from one chemical. Sure there are other ingredients, but whether there are actual drugs that are strong enough to change the experience of alcohol... I don't believe it.

I'm pretty sure it's a mindset thing.

Also, Champagne does get you drunker than regular wine, as the bubbles cause the alcohol to get absorbed faster.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/low/uk_news/magazine/5216950.stm

OfflineIrdamage
Autobot

#10797499 - 08/04/09 09:47 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Isn't that a bit of a contradiction?. If the alcohol is absorbed quicker because of carbonation you will most likely get drunk faster off a few glasses of campaign than a few glasses of wine. Meaning a different "drunk". Stumbly instead of a buzz.

If you mean a different attitude or mindset from the alcohol, no that's completely subjective. You could be having a wonderful time puking and having a spinning head, that's really all up to you and how you feel about that.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #10797528 - 08/04/09 09:53 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Irdamage said:
Isn't that a bit of a contradiction?. If the alcohol is absorbed quicker because of carbonation you will most likely get drunk faster off a few glasses of campaign than a few glasses of wine. Meaning a different "drunk". Stumbly instead of a buzz.

The alcohol will feel stronger, but for a shorter period of time because it is absorbed into your blood faster. This has nothing to do with a different drunk, just more.

Quote:

If you mean a different attitude or mindset from the alcohol, no that's completely subjective. You could be having a wonderful time puking and having a spinning head, that's really all up to you and how you feel about that.

No, I mean that different mindsets (and setting as well) before you've taken the drug causes the high to vary. That's a fact.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Do u get a different drunk from beer than from liquor than from wine??? [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #10797551 - 08/04/09 10:01 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

well beer has hops and shit like that. aside from that i used to make an awesome drink with everclear and 30 + aphrodisiacs. it felt so good one shot you felt really good like you were in side a teddy bear as it was hugging  you and 2 shots you were the teddy bear as well as its insides and you might just be tripping abit but reguardless you were gona have sex with the person next to you cause you had to cause you just felt so good

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Do u get a different drunk from beer than from liquor than from wine??? [Re: Knifey Mcstab]
    #10797555 - 08/04/09 10:02 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Yes, but in the end it's still alcohol and it has very predictable effects. Just because CO2 and sugar may effect the rate of absorption doesn't mean you're really getting a different kind of drunk from it.

Snort coke, smoke crack and tell me if you notice a difference between the two.

Drink a glass of mushroom tea ad fundum, or sip it and drink over the course of an hour, and see if its different.

Pop an E tab after a meal, or dissolved into half a glass of lukewarm water on an empty stomach.

Its the same drug yes, but absorption & metabolism make a big difference.

Drink 4 ounces of vodka at once and keep a timed trip report.  Then a few days later drink the same with an ounce of sugar dissolved in it and do the same. You will find adding sugar alters the high somewhat and extends the duration.

Seemingly trivial things can make a big difference.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineIrdamage
Autobot

Re: Do u get a different drunk from beer than from liquor than from wine??? [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #10797564 - 08/04/09 10:04 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

HeavyToilet said:

The alcohol will feel stronger, but for a shorter period of time because it is absorbed into your blood faster. This has nothing to do with a different drunk, just more.

No, I mean that different mindsets (and setting as well) before you've taken the drug causes the high to vary. That's a fact.

Yes that is true, but is of almost anything, you're personal feelings going into something will almost always determine your experience of it. But if were talking a different drunk, a blurred vision drunk is different from a lowered inhibition drunk, which comes from the speed/ammount you drink and type of drink you have.

OfflineIrdamage
Autobot

Re: Do u get a different drunk from beer than from liquor than from wine??? [Re: Asante]
    #10797569 - 08/04/09 10:06 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Quote:

Yes, but in the end it's still alcohol and it has very predictable effects. Just because CO2 and sugar may effect the rate of absorption doesn't mean you're really getting a different kind of drunk from it.

Snort coke, smoke crack and tell me if you notice a difference between the two.

Drink a glass of mushroom tea ad fundum, or sip it and drink over the course of an hour, and see if its different.

Pop an E tab after a meal, or dissolved into half a glass of lukewarm water on an empty stomach.

Its the same drug yes, but absorption & metabolism make a big difference.

Drink 4 ounces of vodka at once and keep a timed trip report.  Then a few days later drink the same with an ounce of sugar dissolved in it and do the same. You will find adding sugar alters the high somewhat and extends the duration.

Seemingly trivial things can make a big difference.

:heart: Words cannot express.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules