Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9  [ show all ]
InvisibleBuddahKillah
U WANTFITE!?!?!?!?!?!

Re: Obama: Police who arrested professor 'acted stupidly' [Re: BuddahKillah]
    #10788550 - 08/02/09 11:14 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

The motherfucker was pissed off for being accused of breaking into his OWN HOUSE. 

Im sure the cop was a dick about it. 

Is is really THAT HARD for you to at least see that its a possibility?

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #10791004 - 08/03/09 10:42 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

BuddahKillah said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
I don't think that is a typical result of a disorderly conduct arrest and I don't think you, more than the several officers at the scene all of whom back the arresting officer, have any credibility about what the law says.

Lets use a little of your unquestionable reasoning Zappa. 

Do you honestly think that the other officers INVOLVED in the arrest, are going to say it was wrong?  They are watching their own backs, just like anyone in that situation would.

If they thought it was wrong I would expect to say it was or, at the very least, not say anything at all. But that is not what they chose to do, is it?  They most certainly were not obliged to say anything but they freely of their own will decided to.  How were they involved, anyway, except for just being there?
Quote:

You can scream all day that the guy was pulling the race card,(for a lack of better understanding of the situation)  and I will agree with you.

Except that wasn't his main card, as I said before.  He pulled the Hahvuhd cahd, recognized as a sign of distinction and passport to the land beyond reproach the world over.  Later he got all "Yo mama."
Quote:

Was his arrest OK?

No.

So says you, not a lawyer, not a cop, not a paralegal.  You have zero knowledge of the law.  Just because you got a speeding ticket dropped doesn't mean any of the following things
1.  You weren't speeding
2.  You were racially profiled
3.  You bribed the judge

I know people who get off speeding tickets by showing up with a lawyer.  As soon as they see the lawyer involved they make a judgment that it is more trouble than it's worth.  Quite simple, really, and with zero presumption that the law is defective or that the ticket was improperly given.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#10791024 - 08/03/09 10:51 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

BuddahKillah said:
The motherfucker was pissed off for being accused of breaking into his OWN HOUSE. 

I did see that possibility.  I considered it and rejected it on the basis of everything I heard about the case, which was a lot more than you, judging by the information I provided vs the information you provided (a quote from Gates' lawyer).  Did you know that Crowley taught racial sensitivity classes and that Cambridge is a bastion of liberal weenieness and there is no way he could have survived in his job if he was a racist ass?

Gates wasn't accused of anything, he was just being an asshole, probably somewhat due to the fact that he just got home from a long trip, his door was fucked up, his leg hurt, etc.  But really, don't you think his reaction was bizarre?  The cop was just trying to make sure Gates' property was safe and Gates should have been grateful.

And here is your bigotry.  "Im sure the cop was a dick about it."  Based on zero evidence at all you are assuming the cop was confrontational.  Sad.  There is no way a confrontational, attitudinal cop could have survived in Cambridge Mass.  He would have been fired long ago.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Obama: Police who arrested professor 'acted stupidly' [Re: TGRR]
    #10791028 - 08/03/09 10:52 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

TGRR said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
I don't think that is a typical result of a disorderly conduct arrest and I don't think you, more than the several officers at the scene all of whom back the arresting officer, have any credibility about what the law says.

So your argument is that nobody besides cops should question the behavior of cops?

Nope.

--------------------

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: Obama: Police who arrested professor 'acted stupidly' [Re: zappaisgod]
    #10799715 - 08/04/09 06:10 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

BuddahKillah said:

I did see that possibility.  I considered it and rejected it on the basis of everything I heard about the case, which was a lot more than you, judging by the information I provided vs the information you provided (a quote from Gates' lawyer).  Did you know that Crowley taught racial sensitivity classes and that Cambridge is a bastion of liberal weenieness and there is no way he could have survived in his job if he was a racist ass?

Gates wasn't accused of anything, he was just being an asshole, probably somewhat due to the fact that he just got home from a long trip, his door was fucked up, his leg hurt, etc.  But really, don't you think his reaction was bizarre?  The cop was just trying to make sure Gates' property was safe and Gates should have been grateful.

And here is your bigotry.  "Im sure the cop was a dick about it."  Based on zero evidence at all you are assuming the cop was confrontational.  Sad.  There is no way a confrontational, attitudinal cop could have survived in Cambridge Mass.  He would have been fired long ago.

:bow2:

Just a comment about the "because some cops are RACIST... We should automatically assume all cops ARE RACIST" mentality.....

Are you aware of the numbers of 'people of african-american descent' that are either in jail, or in the process of committing a crime right now?

But, OF course.... It would be racist for me to assume that the cop did his job correctly and with average good will to all......  until there is a trial or evidence is available that shows otherwise?

OfflineYrat
Hello

Re: Obama: Police who arrested professor 'acted stupidly' [Re: Shad0w]
    #10800621 - 08/04/09 08:32 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Shad0w said:

Are you aware of the numbers of 'people of african-american descent' that are either in jail, or in the process of committing a crime right now?

i would have agreed with your post if it weren't for this completely off-point, bizarrely placed statement.

--------------------
"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root."
-Henry David Thoreau
Strike The Root

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: Obama: Police who arrested professor 'acted stupidly' [Re: Yrat]
    #10808004 - 08/05/09 11:03 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Just a comment about the "because some cops are RACIST... We should automatically assume all cops ARE RACIST" mentality.....

Means, I am describing a false reality. It simply is not TRUE that all cops are racists. But a lot of people like to believe it.

Quote:

Means, it is typical for a person to see the crime stats, and THEN choose to believe that MOST if not ALL blacks are criminals, -until- they are proven innocent.

But, OF course.... It would be racist for me to assume that the cop did his job correctly and with average good will to all......  until there is a trial or evidence is available that shows otherwise?

^makes sense if you could follow those two leaps.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order