Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon HEPA Filter

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineShpongloid
WBS-o-phile

Terrarium Fanning
    #1078980 - 11/23/02 09:41 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Could you just put a very small fan in your terrarium, like one of those clip on fans, instead of having to manually fan it 3 or 4 times a day.

--------------------
"...NIDA-supplied marijuana cigarettes weigh approximately .9 grams. A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly 1,500 pounds of marijuana within about fifteen minutes to induce a lethal response."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Re: Terrarium Fanning [Re: Shpongloid]
    #1079003 - 11/23/02 10:26 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Sure, so long as that fan is blowing in fresh air.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

Loc: A universe right next to ...
    #1079110 - 11/23/02 12:18 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

my dear fellow shroomerite

i have been there, putting a home-made system of blowing fresh air and raising humidity. if u search, you may find it.

what i learned is that continous air draft makes the caps of the shrooms CRACK and create weird tribal shroomies lol lol  also the shrooms dont grow with pretty colors and straight stems

:smile:

Kykeon
athens, greece 

--------------------
The living ghost of Kykeon

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
    #1079116 - 11/23/02 12:23 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

it's not so much air movement as introducing fresh air that is important. some people pump air from outside the grow chamber into a container of water on the inside using an aquarium pump. put it on a timer and you have automatic fanning.

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

OfflineShpongloid
WBS-o-phile

Re: Terrarium Fanning [Re: Bilge]
    #1079470 - 11/23/02 03:47 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Well, I do have this small air purifier that will fit inside my terrarium, if I put that on a timer will it work? I am not home all that much so I am looking into some different ideas that will keep my mushrooms growing well while at the same time keeping me on my daily schedule. Thanks a million!

--------------------
"...NIDA-supplied marijuana cigarettes weigh approximately .9 grams. A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly 1,500 pounds of marijuana within about fifteen minutes to induce a lethal response."

OfflinelogicalMADNESS
journeyman
    #1079647 - 11/23/02 05:04 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

You could use the aquarium pump.  but ive heard that that will not provide enough air exchange, but dont quote me on this.  what i did was i took a small box, cut a hole in it and attached a small computer fan to blow air into the box. next i put a filter in the box next to the fan to screen the air.  i then ran a 3/4 inch piece of tubing from that box into my fruiting chamber you have to make sure that very little air escapes the box. i have the fan come on once ever 4 hours for 5 minutes. i also put a make shift vavle that will only let air out of the tube and not back up into it.  that helps reduce humity loss.  the air being pumped through the tube creates enough air exchange, and that teams with my humifier keeps my mushies nice and happy.  :smile:

--------------------
"If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music...I get most joy in life out of music."
-Albert Eistein

Edited by logicalMADNESS (11/23/02 05:06 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon HEPA Filter

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation