Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

COW or Horse POOO
    #1078174 - 11/23/02 12:02 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I just went out and collected 40 pounds of cow shit, I know what they are eatting too grain , Hay , Corn stubbs the farmer don't waste anything everything goes into the bins for the cow he a dairy farmer Plus the feed he is feeding them is awesome the shit smells very organic I took two pillow cases out tonight and got both cases full. I have alway did the BRF + 50/50 + tek How do you PC this shit now? hey I know I'm new at the shit stuff but I have the BRF down LOL

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineOn_the_Down-Low
Polyfil-ophile-Say it 3 timesfast.

Re: COW or Horse POOO [Re: ]
    #1078329 - 11/23/02 01:21 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

You're looking for Roadkill's Poo Tek.

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
Re: COW or Horse POOO [Re: On_the_Down-Low]
    #1078411 - 11/23/02 01:56 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

definately and u want to pasteurize and not pc. pc will kill the good microbes that pasteurize keeps :smile:

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

OfflineMsPacMan
Stranger

Loc: Florida, USA
    #1078511 - 11/23/02 03:03 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

im gald you have the BRF down, now you are ready to move on.

get a big ass pot, fill with water, boil the water at 160 for an hour, get a thermometer and measure that shit. (no pun) if its hotter you are going to kill off the needed nutrients....then let it dry somewhere. squezze the poo until all the water drips out.....i think the easiest way is to take your jars and for every one part mycellium, take 10 parts poo and mix them. put them in a container.....let sit for 2 days at 85 to colonize, then put a 1/4 in. layer of poo on top. and let fully colonize. then ask expose to light...and all that good stuff.

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Re: COW or Horse POOO [Re: socratesmind]
    #1078663 - 11/23/02 04:24 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I sterilise my dung, I have had much better luck w/ sterilisation. My cube mycelium could care less about a lack of microbes.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
    #1078686 - 11/23/02 04:33 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I am doing a batch right now. Fill the case w/ as much dung as you like. Make sure you have a grate in the bottom of your cooker to keep the dung out of the water at the bottom. I pour water through the pillowcase all over the dung. Try to get the dung to absorbe all of this water. Keep pouring untill you have an inch of water at the bottom of the PC. Make room on the sides of your pillowcase for steam to vent. I just make two spots. I then PC @ 15-20 pounds for two hours. Let it cool overnight and do as you wish the next day.

You should get the hang of how to get the right moisture after a couple of tries. If the dung is ever too dry, you can use a spray bottle w/ sterile water or a weak (1.5 %) H2O2 solution to hydrate it to the proper level.

This is how I prepare my dung, I have had very few problems with this method of preparation. The problems I have had are most likely due to other issues.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Anonymous

Re: COW or Horse POOO [Re: Joshua]
    #1079021 - 11/23/02 10:44 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the info I did find some shrooms growing this fall when I was trout fishing growing in the farmers field full of poo I took some of each and printed them one print was brown so I throw that one out the other was purple black color I'm going to try to use that print soon and see what happens. Never know what you will find in MN LOL.

Anonymous

#1079083 - 11/23/02 11:48 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Anyone tryed a honey tek with out the jars just put it into a syringe? I did it and it worked I have about 2cc left from my PR syringe So I took some of the honey jar I made earlier and used them I clean the needle like I always do stuck it in an sucked up about 6cc of the honey water.I put a new neddle on it and put it in my incubator that was monday night today not 5 minutes ago I check it the whole damn thing is full of mycelium. I'M going to shake the crap out of it break it up then inoculate my WBF I did last night. Should cut down the time greatly. then spawn that in my poo.

OfflinePeace_Patrol
Rambling hippie
Loc: Electric Neverending
    #1080428 - 11/23/02 11:59 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

It should be mentioned that you need to DRY to poo before using it. This gets out a lot of bad shit that isn't good for shrooms, such as urine. Also, if I use even slightly moist poo (I mean slightly moist before I re-moisten it before pasturising) I always get contams. Not to mention its a lot sloppier if you haven't dried it first.
So dry the shit, then re-wet it to a good water content, then Pasturise / sterilise.

Anonymous

Re: COW or Horse POOO [Re: Peace_Patrol]
    #1083915 - 11/25/02 10:14 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

This shit I was dry been sitting out there a long time I even baked it for 2 hours to make sure it was dry I then used distilled water then Pasturise it.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology